- img 3 loading...
- img 4 loading...
- img 5 loading...
- img 6 loading...
- img 7 loading...
- img 8 loading...
- img 9 loading...
- img 10 loading...
- img 11 loading...
- img 12 loading...
- img 13 loading...
- img 14 loading...
- img 15 loading...
- img 16 loading...
- img 17 loading...
- img 18 loading...
- img 19 loading...
- img 20 loading...
- img 21 loading...
- img 22 loading...
- img 23 loading...
- img 24 loading...
- img 25 loading...
- img 26 loading...
- img 27 loading...
- img 28 loading...
- img 29 loading...
- img 30 loading...
- img 31 loading...
- img 32 loading...
- img 33 loading...
- img 34 loading...
- img 35 loading...
- img 36 loading...
- img 37 loading...
- img 38 loading...
- img 39 loading...
- img 40 loading...
- img 41 loading...
- img 42 loading...
- img 43 loading...
- img 44 loading...
- img 45 loading...
- img 46 loading...
- img 47 loading...
- img 48 loading...
- img 49 loading...
- img 50 loading...
- img 51 loading...
- img 52 loading...
- img 53 loading...
- img 54 loading...
- img 55 loading...
- img 56 loading...
- img 57 loading...
- img 58 loading...
- img 59 loading...
- img 60 loading...
- img 61 loading...
- img 62 loading...
- img 63 loading...
- img 64 loading...
Last updated at 7:22, 11 Sep 2017 Uploaded at 11:54, 2 Apr 2017
Included in Nexus Staff Picks, April 5 2017
April 2017 File of the Month Runner-Up
Required Files & Installation
1) Fusion City Rising v1.0: Outcasts & Remnants uses assets from Fusion City Rising (FCR). Your game will crash on load without FCR installed. You do not need to actually play FCR, you just need it installed. More details here.
2) An updated version of the game. No DLC required. Please use a mod manager to install.
To avoid audio problems, do not install using the green buttons on the main mod page (e.g. Download NMM button). Navigate to the files page, and choose either "Download with Manager" or "Download Manually".
"Download Manually", and then dragging the file into your mod manager, is the most trouble-free way of doing it. Same thing applies for installing Fusion City Rising. If you are experiencing other install problems (missing voice, textures, etc), running Nexus Mod Manager in admin mode may help.
Chinese Translation of Outcasts and Remnants by 0xb160d1c5 and ypsKampfen - Thanks guys!
Spanish Translation of Outcasts and Remnants by JJGR1970 - Thanks for the effort!
Hours of new content: New quests, locations, factions, and companions. All fully voice acted.
The time to complete the main story line and side quests will typically range between 7 and 12 hours depending on how much exploration you choose and how many terminals you read.
Quest details, troubleshooting, and play-through videos here.
How to Start
To start the mod, you must first complete the main Fallout 4 quest "Reunions", where you confront Kellogg at Fort Hagen.
After completing the quest "Reunions", the first quest in this mod, "Initiation", will start automatically the next time you change locations. There will be a quest marker pointed at the Brotherhood of Gold bunker, which is built into a hill, located south of Oberland Station, just east of the railroad tracks. Head there and talk to Chuck Finley.
Thanks everyone for Hot Files + all the kind words in the comments.
It's a pleasure making mods for y'all.
- Natick Banks Raiders: A group of non-hostile Raiders located in Natick Banks at the Raider Emporium. You can do quests for them and use the Emporium as a player base. It has fully stocked materials chests, vendors, workbenches, storage, beds, and of course a Raider strip club.
- Brotherhood of Gold: A Brotherhood of Steel outcast faction. The last of the BoS who followed Elder Lyons' philosophy. They split from the BoS and arrived in the Commonwealth in 2283 after Arthur Maxson became Elder. This faction drives the mod's main story. Their HQ has fully stocked materials chests, storage, workbenches, doctors, vendors, and beds so it can be used as a centrally located player base.
- Enclave Remnants: They're baaack.... sort of.... at least the ones who survived the events of Fallout 3.... smaller, smarter, and working behind the scenes to consolidate power in the Commonwealth.
- Vault-Tec Survivors: A bunker Vault-Tec built for its Commonwealth employees and various VIP's, but when the bombs fell, the entrance fell into a sinkhole and was submerged under the river. This is the story of the survivors trapped inside the underwater vault.
Also some side quest and random encounter factions including: Rogue Synths, Disgruntled Scavengers, Back Bay Players, Giant Deathclaws, The Children of Mises, and more.
Ash: A custom, fully voiced male companion with several hundred lines of dialogue. Ash shares thoughts, talks trash, and has custom weapons/outfit and a fully functional affinity system including achievable companion perk. Ash is located at the Brotherhood of Gold Bunker. Additional details here.
We recommend Murdering Chainsaw (requires Automatron DLC) if you want to give Ash a more badass melee weapon than the modified Ripper he initially has.
Gabriel: Fully voiced ex-military hunter/assassin companion with several hundred lines of dialogue, custom weapons, cabin/bunker in the hills west of Walden Pond overlooking the Boston skyline, and a canine follower, Brutus, who will follow Gabriel around and help you fight, but will not occupy a companion slot. Gabriel has a fully functional affinity system including achievable companion perk. Additional details here.
More companions will be coming in future updates as the mod expands with additional quests.
The main story (4 quests) revolves around the following unanswered questions from vanilla Fallout 4:
- When Arthur Maxson was appointed Elder of the Brotherhood of Steel and the BoS then largely abandoned the philosophy of Elder Owyn Lyons from Fallout 3, was everyone cool with that? What happened to the BoS members who weren't?
- How did the Gunners get access to vertibirds, power armor, laser and plasma weapons? How could they afford these items just from doing mercenary work? The Commonwealth is dirt poor and the major settlements already have their own security forces, so who is paying/supplying the Gunners?
- Did the DC Enclave in Fallout 3 have a contingency plan? To where would the survivors of the battles with the DC Brotherhood of Steel retreat and how would they go about rebuilding?
- Teleportation could radically improve the standard of living in the Commonwealth, but rather than using the teleportation technology developed by the Institute to benefit mankind, the other major factions in Fallout 4 just want to blow the place up and destroy all the advanced technology. Where's the logic in that?
- What if another group also figured out how to make teleportation work, because their survival depended on it, and then decided to use the technology to provide safe and reliable transportation, connect the Commonwealth, and start bringing everyone out of poverty?
Don't forget to read the terminals if the lore is important to you.
There are also several side quests involving bounties, gang rivalries, weapons procurement, time travel, and more. Quest details here.
Installation and Notes
1) This mod uses assets, with permission, from numerous other mods. When installing you might receive a message about whether you want to overwrite existing files. Shouldn't matter how you answer, but easiest path is "yes to all" or "no to all". To find out which mod a particular item came from, please see the credits below.
2) In game settings, if the music volume is set to off, you will miss a fair amount of dialogue that occurs over intercoms and player thoughts. Best to keep music on. Note: if you are doing a YouTube play-through, all the custom music in the mod in royalty/copyright free + YouTube safe, and there are no radios anywhere in the mod.
3) The battles in this mod are tough. Saving frequently is wise (use hard saves, not quick saves). Companions help. If parts of the mod seem too tough, temporarily changing the difficulty settings in the game menu is always an option.
4) The quests in this mod do not hold your hand as much as the vanilla game. Some thinking will be required (e.g. escaping from the prison cell). If you get stuck, you can look at the log entry on your Pip-Boy for hints or watch one of the play-through videos here.
There is a troubleshooting log and Random Q&A if you encounter an issue not covered above or in Known Issues.
Future Mod Expansion
More content will be added over time to the extent there is demand for it. If you are interested in writing, voice acting, or quest design, please send a private message.
More time than we would care to admit goes into making large quest mods like this. While we do not have a donation button, if you would like to support the mod, endorsements are appreciated, as are file images if you have good ones.
The mod will not be coming to PS4 or XBox, please don't ask. The Nexus community is a joy to interact with, the Bethesda community is not, at present, so the mod will remain PC only, Nexus only.
Thank you to all the generous mod authors who gave permission to include their work in this project, voice actors who lent their voices to the project, and play testers who helped squash bugs and improve the flow. Sincerest apologies if we've left anyone out, please let us know. Many of the credits below are for assets not used directly in this mod, but that were used in Fusion City Rising (a required file for this mod). All mod authors who granted permission for FCR to use their assets were notified via Nexus PM of OAR's use of such assets via OAR's dependency on FCR.
Nexus Moderator Team: If there is a problem with any credits below (e.g. missing text or sub-credits), before hiding the file, please send a PM and we will correct it promptly. We've been diligent in the credits, as I'm sure you can tell from the list below, and would appreciate an hour to correct any text that needs updating. Please also be assured that if a mod author contacts us about ANY issue with credits (which hasn't happened yet), we will adjust it promptly.
Meshes and Textures
AGreatWeight for the Pulowski Preservation Shelter retextures
All Trees Have Leaves by Cipriano for flower textures
Better Stores by Blazeda59 for the neon and other signage + barber chair
Business Settlements by Tamayo831 for various signage
Clean Settlements - Water Pumps and Generators by victorn2 for clean water pump retextures
Clean Settlements - Workstations by victorn2 for clean workstation retextures
Craftable Vault Gear Door by ccmads and Vault 98 - Player settlement by Ryanc229 for the mesh on the vault door
Crafting Fury 9000 GTX by Elianora for armor stands, filled shelves, rugs, and various static objects
Dark Prydwen by Spiffyskytrooper for the wood floors in the Brotherhood of Gold base
Dino's Decorations by dinozaurz for shelf and bookcase clutter
Do It Yourshelf by dinozaurz for shelf and bookcase clutter
Enclave Flags by EddieTM26 for the Enclave black flag
Evil Institute HD by bLaCkShAd0w for the darker textures on institute assets
Fallout Faction Flags by DDProductions83 for Enclave, Vault-Tec and DC Brotherhood Flags
Flags of Fallout by Okiir for the Vault-Tec, Enclave American, and DC Brotherhood Flags
Healthier Brahmins by uruchat for the Brahmin textures in ElderDream Sanctuary
Flags of the Third Reich for the Nazi flags in the side quest where you travel back in time to kill Hitler
Jet's Bed Collection by jet4571 for the solid colored wood beds
Pimp Workshop by JebuNagazi for the Club Snuggle tables, chairs, couches, bars, plants, art, etc.
Project Modern House by Cipriano for the dark red walls in the Brotherhood of Gold base and various interior wall textures
Renovated Furniture by AESFocus for the custom colored couches, tables and other furniture.
Sanctuary New Town by Cipriano for clean player house furniture and static textures
Craftable Arcade Machines by lilkandeekid for arcade machines. PoliteRaider for arcade textures, TeamBacon- Custom UV Unwrap for textures, uses the following assets under the creative commons license: "Remix of the NYC skyline" by Diego Torres Silvestre, and "Centennial Barn Allen Farm Clinton Michigan" by Dwight Burdette.
Chem I Care Outfit by nsk13 (DeserterX) for nurse outfit worn by Dr. Cara
Child Outfits Vanilla and Conversions Standalone by Bandit01 for Mason's battle coat
Combat Armor Recolors by akalor for the darker combat armor
DA Merged 11 Pack by Dannyalkema for the swimsuits and Raider bar prostitute outfits
Eli's Armour Collection Remade by Elianora for the Enclave scientist and urban camo outfits, which uses assets from UNP Simply Clothes by Petrovich, Simply Clothes for Female by InvalidFate, Petrovich and Undeadgoblin, and Commonwealth Shorts by DeserterX
Enclave Officer by Raziel990088 for the Enclave officer outfit
Feathered Dress - No Bra Strap by gt9797 for shorter feathered dresses
Female Outfit Replacers by lazman555 for the Raider bar prostitute outfits and BoG female officer outfits
Highheels by lazman555 for the high heels
Leather and Metal Armor Diaper Remover by leo2link for the modified leather and metal armor worn by BoG
Lioness Dress (Feathered) by jas118 for alternate colored feathered dresses
Jumpsuit Collection by gt9797 for the Brotherhood of Gold female jumpsuits.
N7 Themed Vaultsuit by Ruddy88 for the Vault-Tec jumpsuit
NanoArmor 2.1 by Vasstek for the glowing combat armor
Pimp Outfit by JebuNagazi for the outfits worn by the Back Bay Players and the Pimp Cane
Slinkier Red Dress by Wolfhound2 for black and red slinky red dresses
Standalone Suit Variants by R97R for Vault-Tec faction suits
Sturge's Outfit - No Shirt by gt9797 for the Brotherhood of Gold overalls outfit
Tumbajamba's Power Armor for Strong by tumbajamba for the Super Mutant armor worn by Grabthar
Vanilla Outfits for CBBE BodySlide by kuunkulta for short slinky dress, housedress, and prewar dress variants
Wasteland Bathing Suits by jet4571 for the male and female solid colored bathing suits
WW2 German Uniforms by SenyaTirall for the German uniforms in side quest where you travel back in time to kill Hitler
ZGC Sexy Towels by SleepWalking for the towel outfit
ANiceOakTree's Diverse Children by JTesmer for Mason's face
Ash by razathor for Ash face preset
Donald Trump Character Save by ele321 for Overseer Lincoln's face preset
Hitler Face Preset by Miikos for the Hitler face preset in side quest where you travel back in time to kill Hitler
Lots More Settlers and Enemies by rbddc12 for the custom NPC faces and hair
Arturo's Shooting Range by sagittarius22 for the functional shooting range script in the Brotherhood of Gold bunker
Auto-Sell Everything by SmithyPete for the chests at the B.O.G base and Raider Emporium that let you sell your stuff.
Atom Bomb Pinups Paintings by Zoran07 for the non-nude pinups in the Raider Emporium
Faolan Art Exchange by Eadoin for the city and nature paintings
Non-Euclidian Paintings of the Horrorwealth by Evolantra for the custom artwork in various places
Sci-Fi and Retro Paintings by scifiguru for the Sci-Fi paintings
Crossbows of the Commonwealth by TrickyVein for Gabriel's crossbow.
German MP40 by Evolutionofwafflez for the MP40's used by the Nazi NPC's in the time travel quest
The Penetrator by jet4571 for the bat with the treasure map hidden in it
Wastelander's Melee Weapons by nockchaa and TS_Original for the Tactical Barbell and Bar stool
Ash - voiced by Austin Daniel S. "Malastrome15"
Chuck Finley - voiced by Jase180
Dr. Alexander Brown - voiced by Austin Daniel S. "Malastrome15"
Elaine Redding - voiced by Anonymous
Gabriel McBride - voiced by Gabriel Dunn
Jesse Porter - voiced by Clarence Searles
Mike McBride - voiced by Gabriel Dunn
Sam Cruel - voiced by Samcruel
Shaggy - voiced by Austin Daniel S. "Malastrome15"
Vatiwah - voiced by Vatiwah
Vault-Tec Teleportation Hub Traveler - IIKaDicEU
Vault-Tec Teleportation Hub Traveler & Vault-Tec Resident - TheOne346
Vault-Tec Teleportation Hub Traveler & Vault-Tec Resident - TheFrostBitesMe
Vault-Tec Teleportation Hub Traveler - Werr 92
Vertibird Ben - voiced by Mark Jackson
Gabriel Dunn - Gabriel McBride's companion dialogue
Austin Daniel S. "Malastrome15"- A bunch of Ash's dialogue + dialogue in the "Disasterpiece Theater" memory pod
Samcruel - Most of Sam Cruel's dialogue
Skyrim Dance Animations by invalidfate
Dance Animation Modder Resource by umpa
Working Sanctuary Shower by FLipdeezy
Used with permission and/or under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0/4.0 licenses:
Classic Fallout Ambient Music by Zako1989 for the Fallout 1 and 2 OST music composed by Mark Morgan (Enclave and Vault-Tec bases)
Teknoaxe for the custom music tracks "Chariots of the Sun" and "Reception" (B.O.G base), "Brutal Cycle", "Hard Charge to the Front" and "Thunderbolts of Lightning" (Nazi base), "Space Dock Dance Party" (Raider Emporium), "March of the Rabbit" (Disasterpiece Theater memory pod), "Transonic Vibrations" (Credits reel), "Get the Guy with the Stash" (Pimp battle)
Kevin MacLeod for the custom music tracks "Chill Wave", "EDM Detection Mode" (Raider Emporium), "Volatile Reaction" (Nazi base)
Vindsvept for "A World Divided" (B.O.G. base dream sequence memory pod)
Bethesda Archive Extractor
FO4 Voice File Reference Tool
Lip Sync File Generator
SeaHawk15 at DeviantArt for the Phoenix Rising Decal
Fenotype for the Neon Font
Chris Hansen for the Shoguns Clan Font
Seddon4494 for Fallout 4 Creation Kit Tutorials, without whom we'd have no idea how to make quest mods.
David Kerkhoff for Fallout Font