Last updated at 1:53, 23 Jun 2017 Uploaded at 1:22, 3 Nov 2016
One of the many upgrades to Skyrim Special Edition is the new water flow system that allows water to bend around turns and change speed depending on the environment. While the water is much improved over the original edition of Skyrim, water flow was applied to most bodies of water indiscriminately resulting in odd looking water at times. With this mod, lake, pond/marsh, river and ocean water are once again visually and aurally distinct from one another.
- Lakes, ponds/marsh water, and ocean water no longer flow in any particular direction.
- Lakes, rivers, and oceans have new, ambient sound effects. Ponds are silent.
- The volume of waterfalls and rapids have been increased.
- Icebergs and ice chunks will sometimes crack and gurgle.
- Rowboats floating in the water will animate and gently bob around.
- Waves were slowed down, retextured, and now have a crashing water sound effect. The splash/foam effects were made more visible. They have also been added along the coast of Skyrim at locations that make sense. Additional waves have also been added to Solstheim.
- Large waterfalls have been sped up animation-wise, retextured and more splash particles have been added. Waterfall mists have more volume.
- Foam effects have been retextured.
- Rain ripples will no longer slide across the surface of the water. They've also been retextured and transparency has been increased.
- Small rapids and the foamy streams in Whiterun and Markarth have been sped up animation-wise.
- The green reflections emitted by some meshes when viewed at a certain angle is a bug that was introduced with Skyrim Special Edition. This bug is now fixed.
- New animated water for blacksmith troughs.
- Better splash effects.
Optional (available in the main archive)
- Extended Ambiance: Extends the lake and ocean ambient looping sound effects from 30 seconds to 50 seconds long.
- Flowing Lakes: Reverts lake water back to river water, visually and aurally. Lake water will flow strongly in one direction again instead of being made up of slow, lapping waves.
- Original Foam: Reverts the rapids foam back to the original. The new default foam textures are from the mod, WATER. Credits to SparrowPrince for those textures.
- Cinematic Rain Ripples: The default rain ripples are more chaotic in nature which blends the ripples together. This option will make the ripples more uniform and cinematic. Credits to SparrowPrince for this texture.
- Smoother Rivers: The default river flow texture is a more choppy texture. This option is very similar, but will make the "waves" on the water smoother. Credits to SparrowPrince for this texture.
- Watercolor: Turns the water into a more vibrant, fantasy-like, teal color.
Note: The new water flow system is tied to your timescale. Lowering your timescale will slow down the movement of river water.
- This mod must be placed after any mod that modifies a cell near a body of water. In order to avoid seeing "seams" in the water, I recommend placing this mod VERY low in your load order (towards the bottom).
- A compatibility patch for iNeed is available in the main archive. This patch allows for the refilling of waterskins by standing in water.
Manual: See the manual installation document in the archive.
Mod Managers: Download the files and add to your respective programs.
Bethesda.net: Add to your library and enjoy.
When updating (manual or mod managers), simply uninstall the previous version and install the updated version.
When uninstalling, simply make sure that all installed files are no longer present in your Data folder.