- img 3 loading...
- img 4 loading...
- img 5 loading...
- img 6 loading...
- img 7 loading...
- img 8 loading...
- img 9 loading...
- img 10 loading...
- img 11 loading...
- img 12 loading...
- img 13 loading...
- img 14 loading...
- img 15 loading...
- img 16 loading...
- img 17 loading...
- img 18 loading...
- img 19 loading...
- img 20 loading...
- img 21 loading...
- img 22 loading...
- img 23 loading...
- img 24 loading...
- img 25 loading...
- img 26 loading...
- img 27 loading...
- img 28 loading...
- img 29 loading...
Last updated at 2:51, 12 Sep 2015 Uploaded at 5:03, 4 Jul 2014
introductionHi! Having always admired DreamBurrow's really adorable children, I was motivated to edit the children for my own game. After being granted permissions for the assets used, I decided to put together something that could be shared.
Everyone, thank you all so much for the endorsements and the votes!! I didn't think it'd be so well received! I sincerely appreciate it. Working on it was a lot of fun, I didn't think it'd ever actually be released. Glad it's at that point! I'll do what I can to resolve any problems, but please note I'm human too ;v; All I ask for is your patience. Thanks again!
07-07-14. Installer created! And more updates!
Gone are the days of manual installation - -Ren- has created a wonderful installer. I've removed most of the singular files and replaced it with this - it's up to date and should resolve any confusion.
Secondly, there have been some concerns about the playable versions of this mod since they have been untagged as a "Child".
I've received from clarifications from LadyMilla, a moderator:
"... in the case of child follower/companion/race mods, the bottom line is that the mod itself should not contain illegal animations and nude body meshes/textures (may not list them as a per-requisite), may not offer sexually explicit dialogue options or any other hints (e.g. tattoos, background stories) that the underage character is meant to be used in a sexual context..
As to the 'child' flag, we have not raised any objections to mods that remove this flag, but if you prefer employing a different technique that leaves the 'child' flag unchanged then you are welcome to do so.
In other news, Mogribus has been working on updating the playable races! And Gamwich has created absolutely amazing textures for the Prince and the Pauper patch - he had shared it on the first day, I meant to post this early on but fell behind. You can download it in the Downloads section :)
07-06-14. Version 1.1.0
.esm updates: Updated the five race entries (see log below) and changed brows 6-11 to be standalone instead of vanilla.
Default (non-playable) version: you most likely won't be able to see these changes, but they are still applied for consistency.
Playable version: Since you can play as children, you'll see these take effect.
- Change log:
- Breton child- added breton racial abilities and "Summon familiar" starting spell- starting magicka is 125, HP regen is 0.8, Magicka regen is 6 and stamina is 5
- Breton vampire child- same as breton child, with added vampire abilities and spells- starting magicka and regens are same as breton child.
- Imperial child- added imperial racial abilities- HP regen 0.9, Magicka regen 4, Stamina regen 6
- Nord child- added nord racial abilities- Starting stamina 120, HP regen 1, Magicka regen 3, Stamina regen 6
- Redguard child- added redguard racial abilities- starting stamina 110, HP regen 1, Magicka regen 3, Stamina regen 7
- All child races- added descriptions- removed decapitated head
- All child races (PLAYABLE ONLY)- removed the "child" tag so you can engage activators properly: riding carriages, using the anvil, sleeping in beds, and so on and so forth.- !CAVEAT/DOWNSIDE! This allows children to be take damage and killed, whether or not they are essential to a quest. Recommendation: Use the Non-Essential Children mod and patch (RS Children Patch - NEC) to prevent deaths of quest-related children.The race changes were made by Mogribus -- many thanks to him!
- Replaced hairginko04: HelloSanta has given me permission to use her conversion of Ginko's hair (thanks so much)! It was what I originally wanted to include in this mod. It has slightly less issues and the textures are the exact ones in the screenshots! FaceGenData has been updated for all affected characters: Aventus, Skuli, Hroar, Gralnach.
- No .esp update was required.
- Added vanilla brows: Added vanilla brows 6-11 to texturesactorscharacterranalinebrows to reflect .esm change. Changes will only be reflected on characters made or edited after this.
- Replaced vanilla shoes_0.nif and shoes_1.nif for boys: It was previously just a duplicate of the girl's shoes.
- Non-Essential Children, Stranger Danger, and Height Adjusted Races patches have been updated to reflect the .esm changes.
- The USKP patch didn't need to be updated.
- Height Adjusted Races Patch now includes playable version, and has Height Adjusted Races.esm properly set as a master.
- Ball11 created a patch for Requiem! Download it here: Requiem Patch for RS Children Overhaul
- Currently working on Prince and the Pauper patch, with amazing new textures provided by Gamwich!
- GOOD NEWS: Mogribus fixed all the current issues with playability (sans the height problem). I'm currently working on applying these changes to the patches that need it.
descriptionWhat this mod does currently...
- Modifies the existing child races in the game to use custom assets: textures, head meshes, body meshes, etc.
- Changes the faces of all children in the base game, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn
- Adds some basic clothing and accessories made from vanilla assets (currently only boys), and a more unique one for Aventus
- (Optional) Enables children as a playable race. Download the .esm under "Optional Files".
- (Optional) Enables compatibility with ECE, including its custom sliders, basic Expressions, and Vertex Edit. Download patch under "Miscellaneous".
- (Optional) Includes Nao4288's Female Facial Animation, if you don't want to use the vanilla facial animations included by default. Works with both genders. Download is under "Miscellaneous" - you don't need the original files for it to work.
requirementsSkyrim version 1.9.32.08 (aka the latest version).
disclaimerPlease note that this mod is NOT meant to make child races fully playable! It only affects their appearance. Feel free to run around as a child and mess around, kill whatever, etc. However, playing through any quests as a child isn't the greatest idea.
Body meshes include underwear, and revealing parts have been removed from the meshes and textures.
To use the mod, download RSChildren - 1.1.0 Installer and install it. If you use NEC or the Override, make sure they are at the bottom of your load order.
If you use Stranger Danger, or Height Adjusted Races, then download their patch below:
- Stranger Danger Patch (070614)
- Height Adjusted Races (070614)Choose either the playable or non-playable option, then put the .esp at the bottom of your load order.
If you downloaded the Main File or any patches released before July 6, 2014, then simply download the "RSChildren - Main File UPDATE 070614" file. If you use the playable .ESM, Non-Essential Children, Stranger Danger, or Height Adjustment Races, please re-download the appropriate files because they have been updated!
Nexus Mod Manager:
Install files the way you normally install anything else.
Install files the way you normally install anything else.
Should go something like this... If you don't use USKP or NEC, just ignore those.
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
RSChildren_Override.esp (if you have issues with the faces appearing properly)
patches and compatible modsAny mod that has a patch requires the original file to work, unless otherwise stated. Install patches after the mod you want to patch's .esp and RSChildren .esps.
!New 070814! PCEA (PC Exclusive Animation) - Download the RS Children Overhaul PCEA Patch by kokono23!
!New 070614! Inconsequential NPCs, Interesting NPCs, Expanded Towns and Cities - Download the RS Children Patches by Thordir! Huge thanks to Thordir for sharing!
USKP - Download the "RSChildren Patch - USKP" file. NOTE: now included in the installer version.
Non-Essential Children - Download the "RSChildren Patch - NEC" file. Works with both versions of the original mod.
Requiem - A Roleplaying Overhaul - download this patch: Requiem Patch for RS Children Overhaul. Many thanks to Ball11 for providing it!
Stranger Danger - download this patch: Stranger Danger Patch
Height Adjusted Races - download this patch: Height Adjusted Races Patch
Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions - No conflicts, no patch needed!
Mindflux's Patches - No patch needed. Just make sure THIS mod overwrites or takes priority over his files, so that children will show up correctly.
Maisha, Ma'Rakha, Ram-Ku - Their standalone and replacer versions work. If you are using their replacer versions, make sure THEIR files overwrite the files in this mod!
Make Any Child Your Follower
Lady Head, Realistic Teeth, similar replacers - These mods shouldn't conflict with or affect the children.
If there's a mod you use that affects children and doesn't work with this mod, let me know - I'll see if I can make a patch for it!
recommended modsDovahkinder Collection Replacer - Unique clothing retexture for children!
Dreamburrow's freckles - Totally recommend this if you like dense freckles! This would replace the femaleheaddetail_frekles2.dds included.
Female Facial Animation - Improves facial animations. I've included under Optional Files. You do not have to download the original mod.
Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions
incompatibleMods that edit children: Xvision Children, TK Children, etc. as they do the same thing this mod does!
PC Exclusive Armor Path - PCEAr
Unfortunately, I've decided not to support Killable Children or Kill Every NPC - Including Children at this time, because they affect the entries of all children as well. If someone would like to take this up, please by all means do, and I will link to your patch. Otherwise, please look to alternatives like Non-Essential Children which is a much safer and cleaner mod. Apologies for the inconvenience!
what to know about playing as a childCLICK HERE! to be redirected to the thread
known issuesFollow the PROBLEMS, ISSUES, AND SOLUTIONS THREAD for updates on these issues and possible help.
- Imperfections on meshes (clipping or seams).
Thoughts: I think the hand and feet seams are due to vertex doubles - I don't know how to fix this. Please help!
- Height issue playing as a child character: some people have reported to get scaled down to a very tiny size. Others have reported camera issues in first-person (camera is way too high).
SOLUTION: Looks like this problem has been happening for people using RaceMenu. Please DISABLE RaceMenuPlugin.esp before starting up your game if you plan to edit your character.
- Please make sure to be careful installing or uninstalling mods that may affect eachother - Otherwise you'll get issues I can't help you with D: Ex. faces not animating, something or other.
thank you to...Bethesda for Skyrim and vanilla assets
Tktk1 for Enhanced Character Edit and making the impossible.. quite possible!
Bagserk for letting me use Xvision Children's assets
Imperator3 for his male underwear mesh and SydneyB (Princes of the Woods) for the textures
L0rd0fWar (The Witcher 2 Models - Letho's Armor) for parts of Aventus Arentino's outfit
Nao4288 (Female Facial Animation) for her improved .tri files
Ginko for letting me convert her Sims 3 hair, #4 Gin, Tktk for the hair texture (v1.0.0), and HelloSanta for her conversion and textures (v1.1.0)
Apachii (ApachiiSkyHair) for her hair conversions
MacKom (Lore Styles Hair Set) for his hair creations
zn00p (Lovely Hairstyles) for his hair conversion
Faeofthewood (Waifan 2 Skin Set) for her freckles and moles in the face texture
HelloSanta (SG Renewal), HHaley(Fair Skin Complexion), Navetsea(CBBE Skin), and Pikkatze(Smooth Faces) for their face and body textures, and brows
DreamBurrow and her pictures and mods for supplying heaps of motivation - inspiration
Mankarcameron2006 and Adam for testing
The TES community, and those who have given me encouragement and feedback!
tools usedMod Organizer, Blender, NifSkope, Creation Kit, Wrye Bash, TES5Edit... thank you!