Last updated at 14:26, 17 Sep 2014 Uploaded at 8:19, 15 Mar 2012
This mod adds some new sliders, head parts, one race, and more natural makeup colors.
ECE1.0 is quite different from older ones.
It is changed completely because of adding a new slider system.
Make sure to read this description file.
There are some important points you have to notice.
Compatible "Race Menu" 1.5+.
But it is not perfect. You will not use a lot of features.
I recommend uninstall Racemenu.
Marge the function of CME, "Character Making Extender" by kapaer
This mod adds more than 40 new sliders (without beast race).
Vanilla slider is now 1.5 times wider.
NeckDown and WaistScale sliders require custom skeleton which is included in this mod.
Please select the option in installer.
BreastScale slider requires BBP meshes and skeleton.
ButtScale slider requires TBBP meshes and skeleton.
Upper Eyelid Height
Lower Eyelid Height
Upper Lip Size
Lower Lip Size
Lip Tilt Up
Nose Tip Slope
Nose Sellion Depth
Nose Sellion Height
Nose Sellion Width
Nose Bridge Depth
Nose Region Convex
Adds Color Sliders
Extends skin and tint colors.
You can select a color from the slider, such as transparency, brightness, hue and brightness.
War-paint colors and dirty colors are not supported.
Expression Sliders(1.9 only)
It can be changed the facial expression.
Combat- and -Mood can be reset by the mfg reset in console or run the Showracemenu.
Other facial expression slider not reset same as other modelling slider.
Adds Zoom and Light
Zoom on with the Shift key.
You can switch levels of light to five steps by Ctrl key, such as white, yellow, bright white, bright yellow and off.
Can be changed FOV and camera direction(1.9 only)
Hold shift key + mouse wheel, and change FOV.
Hold shift key + mouse move, and change camera direction.
Numeric display for all sliders
You can save the face you make in the slot when you exit the showracemenu.
Saved-slot can be called from the Slot Load slider.
Vertex Edit (1.9 only)
It can be adjusted a vertex position. It supports human mesh of vanilla.
I recommend using a mouse.
When you select Vertex Edit category, show a UV map on the lower center, so you can choose a vertex.
You can scale the map on mouse wheel.
You can adjust a selected vertex by dragging crossed arrow or moving xyz sliders.
If you want to stop the player's animation, type "player.sae idlestaticposeastart" in console. I recommend making a batch file.
Mirror edit mode(x symmetrical) is default. It can be toggle in the slider.
When you move a vertex, you can edit range to be moved at same time apex of that around.
The type of interpolation can be specified following mode.
- cubic interpolation (smooth mountain-shaped)
- line interpolation (pyramid )
- flat interpolation (same movement in range)
Vertex does not confirm edit until you change a selected vertex.
If you want to edit the same vertex, you will need to be re- selected once.
Undo/Redo Panel (1.9 only)
Revision history listed on the left side, you can undo/redo freely by clicking.
Undo is recordable up to 50 times.
You can scroll through the history with the mouse wheel.
You can also move one at a time with PageUp / Down on the keyboard.
Some operations are not listed in revision history.
Modify morph files
Marge the function of "RANs CharaGen Morph" by RAN46.
This mod includes a set of TRI files that govern character face morphs that will let a more rounder face with new morphs for mouth,nose and eyes.
Adds and improves head parts
This mod adds more than 30 new parts of eyes, nose and lips.
And it changes many Vanilla parts a little.
Fixed asymmetry mesh.
Human female cheeks is rounded.
Adds human head parts to elves and orc race.
Additional Race YgNord
This race uses different (and independent) folders in both textures and meshes.
You need to put manually the files you want from various body/face mod. Look below: two folders for YgNord.
YgNord's status and ability are same as nord.
YgNord's female more rounded cheeks and lower nose.
YgNord's male is default face. Recommended use a female slider, because hair may be buried under face.
Includes "Race Compatibility" and "Race Compatibility improved" for additional race bug fixed.
These features cannot be available when you select "incompatible package" in installer, alternatively it does not conflict with any mods which edit race record (such as SkyRe Race).
Adds 11 eyebrows to female.
Eyebrow textures included: These files are “Pretty Face” textures.
You can replace them other textures you like.
Adds realistic skin colors, tints colors, hair colors to female.
Adds realistic skin colors, tints colors, and hair colors to female.
New colors are warm color. Pink, orange, red, and brown tone. Approximately 40.
Human and Bosmer only.
Adds six moles, one freckles to female.
One freckles, and three patterns of moles x 2 are added to female complexion slider.
SKSE 1.6.9 or 1.6.13
Skyrim 1.8.151 or 1.9.32
More old versions of them won't work at all.
- Install SKSE. http://skse.silverlock.org/ ?Don’t forget to install the scripts of “Data folder” of SKSE !
Install with NMM:
- Download from "Download with manager" button on nexus.
- Press the "Activates the selected Mod" button.
- Select if you need options.
- Overwrite the existing files if you are asked, say "Yes to all".
Install with Wrye Bash:
- Run Wrye Bash.
- Select the mod in the Installers tab of Wrye Bash and then drag and drop EnchancedChacterEdit.7z.
- Choose copy or move, when you are asked.
- Right-clicked and then select the Wizard.
- Select options if you need.
- Check the "Apply these selections" and "Install this package" and then press the finish at the end.
- Extract the downloaded archive to a temporary location.
- Then move it to the Skyrim "Data" folder.
- The folder would be located at: <Steam install folder>SteamsteamappscommonskyrimData
- Activate the EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp and CharacterMakingExtender.esp in your mod launcher by checking its box.
- Please select option if you need.
In regard to optional files.
Full Package : All features are available.
No Additional Race : YgNord is not added.
Incompatible Package : It cannot be used the other features e.g. adds eyebrows, alternatively it does not conflict with mod which edit race record (such as SkyRe Race).
Skeletons : Required to use the neck and waist sliders. Please select skeleton mod which you use.
If none on this list, modify skeleton yourself. I explain in the Q & A "How to modify skeleton for applying neck and waist slider".
No Cheeks fix : Disable modify to rounded cheeks for human female.
No Vampire Cheek : No sunken cheeks when player is vampire.
Slider 2x : It can be twice wider sliders.
Slider 2x and Step 2x : It can be twice wider and detailed sliders.
How to Upgrade
Upgrade from 0.83- to 1.0:
If you will overwrite of "Racial Compatibility" or "Racial Compatibility for dawnguard":
The following pex files will not be used anymore, please check file size and delete it if match.
*** IF THE FILE SIZE IS DIFFERENT, IT IS PROBABLY USED BY OTHER MOD. DO NOT DELETE IT. ***
- Data/Scripts/CompanionsHouseKeepingScript.pex: If file size is 28,504 bytes, please delete it.
- Data/Scripts/PlayerVampireQuestScript.pex: If the file size of is 12,622 bytes, please delete it.
- Data/Scripts/PlayerWerewolfChangeScript.pex: If the file size of is 12,475 bytes, please delete it.
If you switch from ECE0.8x, face does not collapse except eye/nose/mouth parts. Recovers by re-selecting the parts.
How to Use
- Showracemenu in console command window.
- Make your character, as usual, as Vanilla.
- If you finished, name your character, and choose a slot for saving it.
- You can call the character data you made a while ago, by choosing the slot of “slot load slider”.
- You make sure use YgNord before uninstallation. Change to another race.
- Deactivates this mod with any mod manager.
- Deletes this mod with any mod manager
- You make sure DataSKSEPluginsCharacterMakingExtender_plugin.dll . if it exists, delete it.
- You make sure use custom skeleton mod(e.g. XPMS, BBP, Realistic Ragdoll Force...). Reinstall that mod.
When you run into trouble, please show a message or dataSKSEpluginsCharacterMakingExtender.log.
Q. It does not work.
A. Make sure to install SKSE.
It might be overwritten when SKYRIM update or by some mods.
Let’s install SKSE, of course its “Data folder” too, again!
Q. Additional sliders do not appear.
A. Make sure to install DataSKSEPluginsCharacterMakingExtender_plugin.dll.
Q. Additional sliders does not work .
A. Make sure to activate the EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp and CharacterMakingExtender.esp in your mod launcher by checking its box.
Q. It does not work, I take a message "Cannot call Papyrus script event" in log. What do it?
A. First, make sure to activate CharacterMakingExtender.esp. Next, type below command in console.
Q. Skyrim crash on startup.
A. Does not match the version of SKSE plug-in and TESV.exe.
Or you did wrong installation. Please update TESV.exe or retry to install.
Q. Use ECE with racemenu, but some feature does not work..
A. Basically, racemenu features take priority. Therefore, some ECE feature does not work.
ECE's preset and slot do not work. Nose slider of racemenu part does not work, but nose slider of ECE part works fine.
Q. Skyrim crash on showracemenu or appear error dialog "target cache has not found.please retry.system is too heavy?".
A. Confirm whether there is an incompatible mod, or not.
Do showracemenu in a small building (Breezehome, Honeyside), never in the open space.
Or use the ShowRaceMenu PreCacheKiller.
Q. Neck down and waist sliders do not appear.
A. It requires the skeleton that supports this feature.
- If you use the skeleton in options.
Use the installer when you choose Skeletons.
YgNord and other additional race Skeleton separated.
Please copy and paste it from the options.
- How to modify skeleton for applying neck and waist sliders.
- Open the skeleton that you want to edit in NifSkope.
- Unchecked the Auto Sanitize before Save.
- Follow the hierarchy of BlockList. skeleton female.nif -> NPC -> NPC Root -> NPC COM -> NPC Spine -> NPC Spine1 -> NPC Spine2 -> NPC Neck -> NPC Head
- Click Select Node-> Attach Parent Node-> NiNode right while selecting NPC Head.
- Click the icon of the Value of Name Txt where in the Block Details.
- Enter "CME HeadPos" in the input field.
- Hold Ctrl + Down key, until set a maximum number of nodes on the Block List. (maximum number of node: about 268)
- Repeat steps 3-7 for CME Spine1, CME Spine 2. (NPC -> NPC Root -> NPC COM -> NPC Spine -> NPC Spine1 -> NPC Spine2)
- Save file at the end.
Q. I want to apply these additional sliders to the additional race I use.
Most additional race mod can go with these new sliders automatically.
Create a new ini file from the text in datameshesCharacterMakingExtender.
Type the following.
EDID = YgNordRace, ygNordRaceVampire
SliderIni = commonTriRacesHumanRaces_Slider.ini
Preset = YgNordPreset1.slot
EDID has to fit exactly with (EditorID appropriate tribal Race-> open in TES5Edit or CK) name of Editor ID.
? Some additional races is not supported, which have their own morph.
Copy and paste textures from unsupported race folder to YgNord folder.
I recommend you to use YgNord. It’s easier way.
Q. I want to apply face data made by ECE sliders to NPC.
You can import face morph to NPC.
? Body sliders, hair and colors cannot be applied.
- First, make face you want to transport in showracemenu. The last face you make is saved in NoseType32.
- Load Skyrim.esm in CK, and save/create esp. Example Lydia.esp.
- Check and make the esp “active file”, load with “CharacterMaikingExtender.esp”. In addition, load hair esp/esm if you use.
- Select the actor you want to change, click the Reset All button and then select NoseType32 in the Character Gen tab.
- Edit the hair and makeup in Chargen Parts tab. Click the OK after editing.
- Output the actor selected to mesh with Ctrl + F4. Save it, temporarily.
- If you don't need CharacterMakingExtender.esp as master file, push the Ctrl + Delete deregistrate master in File->Data window->Parent Masters, and then load and save. That’s all.
-If you want to apply changed neck-length and head size to NPC.
If you don’t do this routine, don’t change the neck-length and head size. The position of hair will not accord with head. Be aware that head equipments won’t be in accord with head even when doing this task. Because of changing the size of mesh. If you want them to use head equipment of correct position, make a new race for it and specify its customized Skeleton.
- When you want to apply the length of the neck / head size, change LipType to the 33. You will find the hair is incorrect in the Preview.
- Fixing this later by Nifskope, output the actor you selected to mesh with Ctrl + F4.
- In NifSkope, open the NPC face data which is located below: MeshesactorscharacterFaceGenDataFaceGeom Sorting files by date is easy way to find.
- Choose "Hair ~" of NiTriShape, write the value, which is twice the length of the neck (Don’t forget to write a memo of it) to Z of Translation, + 1 to the size of the head to Scale.
- Right-click, Transform-> Apply the NiTriShape, and then ignore the warning click "Try anyway".
- Hair ~ made ??to all, please save. It will be displayed correctly.
Q. What is name slider?
For Japanese language user. It is necessary to enter a name in Japanese.
Q. How to change the maximum value of the slider.
A. For people want to break through the limit even if there is risk of a collapse of face. If you want to double slider, you should select the "More sliderMax x2" in installer. Compatible with slots already saved because the difference is only the maximum value of the slider changes; however if you load an “above the limit” slot on environment that does not have doubled maximum value, it will be fixed to the maximum value of “normal limit”. Be careful when you want to publish/distribute.
If you set it manually, to .ini (any) in the meshesCharacterMakingExtender the maximum value is multiplied by [number] if you write "[number] SliderScale =".
Known issues / bugs
Player will re-ride the horse when you load the save on the state of riding a horse. It prevents your character from blowing away (wrath of Havok bug).
Player will be forced third-person view when you load the save state on first-person view. It is in order to fix bug of incorrect scale.
BFG - Better FaceGen
SG Female Textures and More
Vampire Face Less Sunken Cheeks Please use Option - No Vampire Cheeks.
Ethereal Elven Overhaul
Incompatible mod has its own tri files and morphs.
Race Menu 1.5+ - But, not use some features.
ECE's slot save.
Change FOV and Camera direction.
Nose slider(please use nose slider in the right end category) .
ShowRaceMenu Precache Killer - Prevent crash in showracemenu.
Mfg Console - Fixed mfg(modify character facial animation) command in Skyrim 1.9.
Face Light - Adds lighting spell "Facelight" make face look beautiful.
Female Facial Animation - Improved female facial animations.
You are not allowed to upload this file to other sites under any circumstances.
You are not allowed to convert this file to work on other games under any circumstances.
You must get permission from me before you are allowed to modify my files to improve it.
You feel free to use face data, slot and ini file from make this mod. No need to contact me.
But you distribute tri files, because of avoid conflicting this mod. No Need to include tri file in face mod or follower mod.
tktk - Administrator. Adds color and parts.
RAN46 - Author of RANs CharGen Morph. Adds parts.
kapaer - Author of CharacterMakingExtender. Adds slider.
Himika - Racial Compatibility - compatibility with other mods improved
Expired - Creating a Playable Race - The right way(Racial Compatibility.esm)
SKSE team - SKSE
SkyUI team - creating Unofficial UI SDK
CherryHotaling - CHSBHC - BBP - Nude and Jiggly Mod http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4888
xp32 - XP32 Maximum Skeleton -XPMS http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26800
dDefinder - Realistic Ragdolls and Force http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/601
2012.03.15 0.30b - Nexus release.
2012.03.17 0.40b - Showracemenu bug fixed. YgNord face texture bug fixed. Preset replaced first with second.
2012.03.17 0.41b - Markarth SilverBloodInn name changed from Japanese to English.
2012.04.18 0.42b - RANs CharGen Morph 0.41a included.
2012.04.03 0.50b - YgNord body separated. 15 hair color added. 6 mole, 1 frekles added.
2012.04.06 0.52b - RANs CharGen Morph 0.42a included. Deviation of the ygnord's hands and feet fixed.
2012.04.13 0.55b - RANs CharGen Morph 0.43a included. Orc/elf parts(nose21-30,eye6-8/22-28) in human race deleted. NoseType33 added.
2012.04.18 0.60b - RANs CharGen Morph 0.45a included. NoseType33, NoseType2 fixed. YgNord's eyebrow morph added. LipType32,LipType33 added.
2012.04.22 0.65b - EyesType32,33 added. EyesType2,3 fixed. Pretty Face 1.5 included. YgNord and Breton Cheeks fixed.
2012.04.27 0.70 - NoseType36,37,38 LipType34 added. NoseType33,8 fixed.
2012.05.01 0.71 - NoseType39 added. NoseType38 fixed.
2012.05.21 0.72 - Dark Brotherhood quest bug fixed. LipType2 fixed. Chin of nord shorted. Nose down exceeded.
2012.05.27 0.75 - EyesType34 added. Lacrimal caruncle fixed. Black dots under the lips fixed(LipType2,9,10,15). DeleteEyeTiltPatcher bug fixed.
2012.06.07 0.76?- EyesType35 added. 12 tint Colors added. DeleteEyeTiltPatcher bug fixed.
2012.06.13 0.80?- EyesType36 added. RANs CharGen Morph 0.46a included. Mount combat bug fixed.
2012.06.13 0.81?- RANs CharGen Morph 0.47a included. Jaw depth on nose wide replaced. Preset changed.
2012.07.06 0.83?- RANs CharGen Morph 0.49a(2 lips and 3 nose added) included.
2013.01.27 0.85?- Racial Compatibility improved included. Dawnguard quest bug fixed. Nord cheeks fixed. Scars bug fixed.
2013 03.21 1.00 - This mod overhauled. slider, zoom and light added.
2013 03.23 1.01 - "Cannot call Papyrus script event." bug fixed, maybe.
2013 03.25 1.02 - Racial Compatibility improved 1.6a included.Conflicting script messages with vampirequest and companionhousekeeping bug fixed.
2013 03.26 1.03 - Fixed an included "Racial Compatibility improved 1.6a" mistake. "Alternate Start" or "new game start" do not appear slider bug fixed.
2013 03.27 1.04 - More zoom stage added. "Cannot call Papyrus script event." when use Alternate Start bug fixed.
2013 03.31 1.05 - Occasionally version error message when first boot the new game or load game bug fixed. - CTD when starting from save in state werewolf bug fixed.
2013 09.25 1.1 - Expression slider added. Ygnord male face texture added. No cheeks fix option files added. Femalize slider added. Color slider shown RGB display. Color of the face does not change in the mole and freckles. Dirty edit cleaned.
2013 10.10 1.2 - Vertex edit added. Undo/Redo panel added. Wrong position of hair color slider in Khajiit fixed. Irremovable tooth of Orc bug fixed. FOV and camera direction can be changed.
2013 10.11 1.2 - BAIN wizard bug fixed without version change.