Last updated at 3:08, 20 Jan 2015 Uploaded at 10:23, 10 Jan 2014
19th Jan - version 3.2 released. See change log for more info
Data structures framework for Skyrim
JContainers is a modding framework that extends Papyrus by implemented basic data structures. It features:
- Data structures (arrays, dictionaries)
- Import and export data to and from JSON files (for ex. read configs, backup data and etc)
- Path resolving - simplifies access to nested data structures
- Lua (in progress) - The main purpose is to minimize the amount of cumbersome Papyrus code needed to handle data by moving it into Lua scripts
- C++ API - interaction with JC via C++ interface. This mean you can invoke C++ analogue of any Papyrus function JC provides. See developer resources archive for usage example.
Watch project news and updates on GitHub
For manual installation open you Skyrim Data folder, place the scripts, SKSE etc in that folder. When ask to merge folders hit yes.
Mods using this plugin
Swift Potion Reborn - configurable auto-potion system
AH Hotkeys - Skyrim Hotkey Manager
HooKmmerse - auto resolves cross-mod jump-height, skeleton scale value conflicts. Explanation
KeyInput - text input framework
Proper Potion Names - a potion name reveals effects of the potion
Familiar Faces - meet your characters from past play-throughs in-game
Druids Den - Collectors Edition - nature-themed player home for magpies & treasure hunters
JContainers uses semantic versioning scheme - API.FEATURE.PATCH. Essence:
- API version increases when API changes in backward-incompatible way. Note that it's possible to run different plugins with different API versions in parallel. E.g. JC 3.x can be installed alongside with 4.x
- FEATURE version increases when functionality added in a backwards-compatible manner. Mod requiring JC 3.1 will perform well with JC 3.2 and above
- PATCH version increases when tiny bug fixes added.
thanks to Saerileth and Gooser, without your interest that project would be abandoned
thanks to skwerlman, alexdunnfor documentation improvements
verteiron - his Familiar Faces mod makes my framework much more noticeable on the Nexus
thanks to RealAntithesis for sharing interesting ideas
Third party libraries used
skse library - it would be impossible to imagine Skyrim modding without it
boost framework - real treasure for any C++ programmer
jansson - nice JSON parsing library
- You (as mod author) may bundle this plugin. Although it's desirable for shared resources stay really shared.
- It's up to you to report to a user of incompatibility of installed JC API version and the version mod has been compiled for the best user's experience. Valid condition is `JC.APIVersion == hardcodedAPIVersion && JC.featureVersion >= hardcodedFeatureVersion`.
- The files in this plugin are not to be modified under any circumstance as that could cause problems when a load order includes multiple mods that use the plugin and one or more mods have modified the files in this plugin.