Last updated at 15:15, 5 Jun 2017 Uploaded at 16:40, 28 Oct 2016
This mod adds weather-dependent visual effects and NPC AI enhancements. All features related to the visual effects apply to all actors unless otherwise stated.
- Drips (2): Water drips from body parts during rain and after swimming.
- Soggy Feet: A light splash sound effect and splash particles play from each footstep when it's raining and after swimming. Does not work on creatures.
- Rain Blind: Rain drops will blind you periodically while looking up.
- Breaths: Breathe out visible moisture from the nose and mouth in frigid regions (snowy/coastal) and less visible moisture in the tundra/marsh regions at night. Breaths from the nose appear in steady intervals while breaths from the mouth become visible while talking (NPCs only), running, sprinting or fighting. Creatures currently supported: giants, horses, dogs, huskies, wolves, bears, (Vale) sabrecats, falmer, werewolves/bears, trolls, dragons, cows, hagravens, lurkers, boars and rieklings. Breaths will not appear if the actor is a vampire.
- Snowy: Snow will accumulate on hair and armor during snow fall (must be enabled in the menu). This effect will also appear over the whole body after swimming in a cold region.
- Strong Winds: If caught in a blizzard (weather classification: snowy and wind speed > 0.5) you and all nearby NPCs will receive a 15% reduction in movement speed if out in the open. Wind sound volume has also been increased during a blizzard and in mountainous regions.
- Blizzard Blind: Disabled by default for the player. Snow will blind you periodically during a blizzard. Keep your face down or move under a shelter to avoid. NPCs are blinded making it more difficult for them to detect targets.
- Rain: Civilian NPCs will return to their homes once it starts raining. Adults will walk briskly. Children will run. Argonians, beggars and working class NPCs will remain outdoors.
- Blizzard: Most civilian NPCs will walk briskly to their homes when a blizzard starts.
- If an NPC doesn't live nearby, he/she will go to an inn.
- Leveled Lists: Hoods, cloaks, face covers, and goggles can be added to leveled lists so that they can be found at merchants or inside NPC homes (equip the Options: Wet and Cold power and shout to configure).
- Cold: All NPCs except beggars and followers may equip gloves and face covers in cold regions. The equip chance of the face covers depends on the time of day, weather conditions and if the NPC is a traveler. Due to their incredible resistance to the cold, Nords are more likely to equip their Cold Gear at night.
- Ash/Survival: All NPCs except followers may equip backpacks while traveling outside of settlements. They will also equip face covers and will sometimes equip goggles during ash storms on Solstheim.
- If using Frostfall 2.0+, the player's drip effects from Wet and Cold will be automatically disabled.
- If using Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul, the Go Home feature will be automatically disabled.
- Everything in this mod is applied dynamically so it should work with any NPC in any location (DLC, new lands, new villages, etc) except the cold features. While the cold features are also applied dynamically, mods or DLCs with new regions or creatures may need to be supported manually.
Manual: See the manual installation document in the archive.
Mod Managers: Download the files and add to your respective programs.
Bethesda.net: Add to your library and enjoy.
This mod automatically refreshes itself with each revision. When updating (manual or mod managers), simply uninstall the previous version and install the updated version.
When uninstalling, make a save in an interior location with no effects playing and then remove all installed files. Make sure WetandCold.esp and .bsa are no longer present in your Data folder.