Last updated at 2:27, 18 May 2014 Uploaded at 7:28, 1 Mar 2013
Dragonborn DLC Required
Heart Breaker - A Killmove Mod gives you the ability to go all Temple of Doom on your enemies just before they die. If your enemy is injured enough to fall to one knee (i.e. Bleed Out), you will be able to press your activation button (Default "E") to rip out his/her Heart. A Heart, based on the race of your enemy, will then be added to your inventory. Any Hearts that match the Heart you ripped out will be removed from the NPC's inventory. (e.g. If you rip out the Heart of a Daedra, then you will no longer find a Daedra Heart on the corpse.)
- If you were in first person view when you activated the killmove, you will be returned to that view when the killmove has completed.
- Since hearts shown in the player's hand are equipped as armors using biped object 60, a small scripting change was needed to ensure anything that was already equipped to biped object 60 will be re-equipped at the end of the killmove.
- New once a day Spell Power that enables you to force an enemy into the BleedingOut state with a single hit, allowing you to perform the killmove.
- New Magic Arm option that comes with 4 different visual effects that are applied to your arm when you activate the Spell Power or perform the killmove.
- New Disarm toggle causes enemies to drop their weapons at the beginning of the killmove.
- Messages about killing essential NPCs and hearts being added can now be in 1st person, 3rd person, or turned off.
- Hearts in your character's hand will now visually match the hearts added to your inventory for Daedra, Briar, and Heart Stones.
- All vampire hearts will now turn to dust in your hands and Vampire Dust will be added to your inventory instead.
- Heart toggles have been removed and replaced with a Menu Option.
- Explosive Heart Breaker toggle has been removed and replaced with a percentage slider, 0% is now off.
- Satchel left by Special Essential NPCs has been renamed to "Blood Soaked Satchel" and has blood soaked textures to match.
- Satchel left by Special Essential NPCs will no longer sometimes flag all items in it as stolen.
- If the killmove animation happens to fail as described in #3 of Things You Should Know, you will no longer receive a heart.
- Support has been added for General Falx Carius. If you perform the killmove on him, you will see the Heart Stone removed from his chest and added to your inventory.
- Heart Breaker is now fully compatible with the original quest from which this mod is derived. The original killmove for the NPC will be properly played regardless of any of your settings in the MCM. I have also corrected a visual bug with the killmove on the NPC where the Heart Stone was removed before you actually pulled it out.
- Support mentioned for the two NPCs was achieved without actually editing either of the NPCs themselves.
Things You Should Know
1. The Heart Ripping animation is from the Dragonborn DLC; this mod uses that animation, which is why it is required. Apparently, FNIS now supports paired animations. Possible Dragonbornless, FNIS required version in the future? Maybe, maybe not.
2. If an NPC is too close to a wall, or has weird positioning relative to you, it is possible that the animation will play, but you will rip the Heart out of thin air. This is also a problem with normal killmoves and there's nothing I can do about it.
3. There is a rare issue that happens when you activate the killmove where the camera forces you into third person, no animation plays, the NPC doesn't die, and you wind up with the heart added to your inventory. Like #2, this usually happens because of weird positioning. If you reposition yourself and try again, it should work properly.
4. When you kill Normal NPCs or Normal Essential NPCs with Explosive Heart Breaker enabled, you will be able to loot a gore pile for their items. Special Essential NPCs explode slightly faster, even with Explosive Heart Breaker disabled, and leave behind a blood soaked satchel filled with their gear.
5. The new Spell Power adds a magic effect to enemies and forces them into the BleedingOut animation, however, the animation may get interrupted, if that happens you can still activate the kill move on the NPC since the activation is based on the NPC having the magic effect, not actually being in the animation.
6. Punching an NPC when you have the Spell Power applied will do nothing, you must use a weapon.
7. SkyUI and SKSE are required for the MCM to work; however, Heart Breaker will still work for you even if you aren't using them. To toggle features On/Off, use the following console commands:
Set HB_ModActive to # (Default: 1)
Set HB_EssentialKills to # (Default: 0)
Set HB_DialogueMenu to # (Default: 1)
Set HB_Hearts to # (Default:3)(Off: 0, Vanilla: 1, Custom: 2, All On: 3)
Set HB_ShieldRemove to # (Default: 1)
Set HB_ExplosivePercent to # (Default: 0)(0-100)
Set HB_Disarm to # (Default: 1)
Set HB_FirstPersonMSG to # (Default: 1)(Off: 0, Third: 1, First: 2)
Set HB_MagicArmVar to # (Default: 0)(Off: 0, Light Glow: 1, Light Glow 2: 2, Heavy Glow: 3, Heavy Glow 2: 4)
0 is Off and 1 is On.
NOTE: In order to add the Spell Power, you must type help "Heart Breaker" into the console, get the ID, and add it by typing Player.AddSpell ######## into the console, replacing the # with the ID you got using the previous command.
- The Dance of Death - A Killmove Mod by DaedalusAI.
- Better Vampires by Brehanin. If you are using force feeding, turn on Dialogue Menus.
- Any mod that makes you use the activate button on NPCs that are down on one knee (i.e. Bleeding Out). Dialogue Menus are on by default to possibly make some things compatible, much like with Better Vampires.
- Custom animation mods that edit behavior files may cause the issue described in #3 of the Things You Should Know section to happen every time you try and execute the killmove.
Use Mod Organizer, Nexus Mod Manager, or extract the .7z file and place the Meshes folder, Scripts folder, Sound folder, and the HeartBreaker.esp into your SkyrimData folder. Enable the HeartBreaker.esp in the Skyrim Launcher under the Data Files section. You should overwrite all files when updating.
1. Deactivate the mod in the MCM.
2. Save your game. (Normal, not quick or auto.)
3. Remove the following:
- HeartBreaker Folder
- HeartBreaker Folder
4. Load save from Step 2.
Stop here if uninstalling, if not...continue.
5. Save again. (Normal, not quick or auto.)
6. Install the new version you downloaded.
7. Load save from Step 5.
Black Mage Armor
Heart Breaker - A Killmove Mod Steam Workshop Version
Mods Used In Screenshots/Video
Town Guards Armor Retexture by Gulch
Friendly Guard Helmets by FurArmor
Lost Longswords by MrBrownstone
Enhanced Blood Textures by dDefinder
Improved Combat Sounds by judgefredd
Bandolier - Bags and Pouches by Dragten
Demon Hunter Armor by Jojjo and GraceDarkling and zzjay
Main Font Replacement - Fertigo Pro by Valistar