Last updated at 1:55, 11 Aug 2017 Uploaded at 23:58, 9 Aug 2017
Featuring original music!
The cathedral is located to the east of Castle Volkihar. To get inside, you need to find a key. Try looking around areas where civilized vampires live (or looking at the pictures for a hint to one of three locations where the key might be found). If you get stuck, check Articles for a walkthrough.
- An estimated 1-hour-long lore-friendly dungeon.
- New weapons and spells to mess around with.
- New altar blessing for vampire characters, and a new way to become a vampire.
- New food and cooking recipe for vampire characters. Pour a bottle of Blood Beer at the brewery or try your hand at making Head Cheese!
- New things to read.
- A dragon!
- Easter eggs!
This mod might become or be incompatible with mods that change the landscape of the areas where Red Flame takes place. Errors such as floating grass, landscapes with incorrect textures and height, and missing or duplicated static meshes may occur. Be particularly careful of mods that affect areas to the east of Castle Volkihar.
The default male Vampire Lord mesh is used. Mods that change the appearance of the model might have unintended effects.
I highly recommend downloading an ENB shader as this mod centers around colors and darkness and, for this reason, I do not recommend a mod that removes interior fog. I feel that disabling fog or pushing it farther back can change or completely remove how the mod author wished the mise-en-scène of the level to be. Sometimes fog tells a story! The ENB I use is a tweaked version of SKYRIM ENHANCED SHADERS NLA - ENB and I have built Red Flame around it. My only tweaks include simpler shadows and reflections as well as reflections for exteriors and interiors. I personally believe it to be the best ENB on the market.
The mods below are ones that I have personally endorsed. You may also wish to download my books mod as this will increase the number of books (located at the bottom of the page) in the cathedral's library considerably.
- Realistic Water Two.
- Skyrim Misc Patches Collection - SMPC.
- Unofficial Dawnguard.
- Watercolor for ENB and Realistic Water Two.
- There's a bug that happens sometimes when opening the book On Deirge Cathedral. Just exit out of the book or pick it up to continue.
- The LOD on the cathedral is not perfect. Some static meshes may disappear and reappear radically.
- The NavMesh bug. If you do not have Skyrim version 184.108.40.206.6 or above, the infamous NavMesh bug will rear its ugly head. There is no fix for this aside from a version update or tediously reloading the game every few cell transitions.
- Ambushes may not work correctly in that enemies will stand outside their hiding place.
- Ximares for the music.
- InsanitySorrow for Insanitys Celtic Katana.
- wrig675 for Bellyaches New Dragon Species and Ohdaviing Replacer.
- lazyskeever for Windows Resource Pack.