Stardew Valley

File information

Last updated

Original upload

Created by


Uploaded by


Virus scan

Some manually verified files

About this mod

Lets you work part-time in the Stardrop Saloon as a short-order cook, fulfilling patron food orders for coins, friendship points, and cooking proficiency. You can alternatively set up your own restaurant in any game location.

Permissions and credits
This mod implements simple restaurant gameplay in Stardew Valley, once you become friends with Gus, the bartender at the Stardrop Saloon.

At the end of Gus' five heart event, he will mention that they could use another chef. From then on, you can go to the saloon any time and access the new stove. 

When patrons enter the saloon, they will randomly express their meal requests in speech bubbles over their heads. The bubble contains an image of the dish they want. By default there is a 70% chance they will request something they love, and a 30% chance they will request something they like.

If you hold down the mod key (default Left Alt), it will show a speech bubble with the name of the dish instead of the image.

By default, the cooking menu automagically contains all the ingredients needed to make whatever orders are currently being requested.

When you deliver a dish to a patron, you will by default receive 40 friendship points for loved dishes and 20 friendship points for liked dishes, the price of the dish in coins, and knowledge that the patron likes or loves that dish. They will also say one of three random reactions to the dish.

By default, patrons will request a maximum of two dishes per day.

This mod does not change NPC schedules; you can only serve people who come to the saloon of their own free will.

Lots of things are customizable in the mod via GMCM or the config.json file.

Custom Reaction Strings

You can add custom reaction strings to NPC dialogue dictionaries using Content Patcher. Keys are:


You can add multiple strings to be chosen at random by adding -2, -3, etc. keys.

Custom Saloon Maps

You can prevent the mod from automatically patching the saloon map in the config.

To set a buildings tile as a stove, add a tile location to KitchenTiles in the config, e.g.:

"KitchenTiles": [{"X":5, "Y":5}],

You can also create a custom map patch and add the tile property "kitchen" to the tile on the Buildings layer.

Custom Restaurant Locations

You can also designate another location to be a restaurant, giving access to cooking and causing NPCs to express desired dishes, by adding the location name to the config list RestaurantLocations. You will have to modify the map properties yourself if you want to add kitchen tiles.


Thank you to everyone for your translations! You can send me translations in a private message or on Discord.


You can customize this mod by editing the config file or using Generic Mod Config Menu.


Requires SMAPI.

Implements a Generic Mod Config Menu interface to change config settings in-game.

Compatible with Mod Updater for automatic updates.

Code is at

If you want to complain or ask for help or help me test my mods, you can visit my Discord server.

A list of all my mods for Stardew Valley is available at