Last updated at 6:47, 21 Aug 2017 Uploaded at 1:23, 25 Jan 2016
Author: MadCat221 (MadCat221 at gmail dot com)
First release: January 24, 2016
The Dawnguard. Skyrim's last best hope against the Volkihar Clan menace. They have a variety of specialized tools of the trade. However, this arsenal seems... incomplete. They have a Crossbow, a War Axe, a War Hammer, and a small collection of Sun Damage spells.
This mod aims to expand their arsenal. The melee weapon set is now complete, the Sun Damage spell is now nearly as complete as the main line Destruction spells, and the arsenal is now doled out to the named Dawnguard members as well.
* Dawnguard blade weapons. These were made from scratch. A dagger, arming sword, and greatsword, each at Dwarven tier base damage like the two original Dawnguard melee weapons. They all have the Dawnguard emblem on the hilt, and Arkay's braided knot on the pommel.
* Dawnguard Battle Axe and Battle Hammer. There is now a 2H axe, and in place of a mace is now a 1H hammer. When all you have is a Dawnguard Battlehammer, every vampire looks like a nail. These weapons have been interspersed to a few weapon racks in the fort.
** For a War Axe that isn't absurdly thick on the cutting edge, check out my other mod, Skyrim Weapon De-LARP-ification Project: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16072/?
* Dawnguard melee weapon special damage has been improved. Instead of a measly +5 damage against only vampires that is easily outdone with plain Silver weapons, it now behaves like Silver weapons (with +20 damage against a wider variety of unnaturals). Against vampires in particular, it has more stagger power (except daggers which never had stagger power to begin with) and inflicts a bleed effect.
* Dawnguard weapons are now craftable, and have "Elite" versions available as well, boosted up to Glass-tier. These can only be forged at the Dawnguard smithy. Compatibility version with Ars Metallica is available.
* Sun damage spells are fleshed out and added to Florentius's and Sorine's inventory. In addition to the original Sun Fire, Vampire's Bane, and Stendarr's Aura, there are now the following:
** Sun Ray: The piddly little Novice concentration/spray spell.
** Meridian Rune: Granted by Meridia, the Daedric Prince of Light, this proximity explosive rune burns undead but nothing else. Hey, the Dawnguard takes whatever help it can with the Vamprie menace.
** Holy Ground: The hazard spray spell. Bless the ground so that beings profaned by undeath walk upon it and are harmed.
** Gaze of Arkay: The big daddy master spell. Unleash a torrent of sun damage in a manner not unlike Lightning Storm. Affected targets will flee in terror at the divinely blessed onslaught when hit. It'll be available at the same time as Expert-level Restoration spells.
* Existing sun damage sound effects have been adjusted to be more appropriate.
* Several Dawnguard members have been uprated:
** Isran should now sport proper heavy armor, and his warhammer has been replaced with a new Greatsword.
** Sorine should now start with a Dwarven (standard) Crossbow and some steel bolts.
** Gunmar should now have a Dawnguard Battlehammer once he joins up.
** Florentius will now have robes that don't clip with his armored boots/gauntlets when you first encounter him, and will now sport a one-hand sword once he gets equipped with Dawnguard gear.
** Many other less prominent members have had armament switcheroos as well.
** Ideally, these will work with a New Game. However, I have made a retroactive script that should effect these changes as well. Much of the aspects on the NPCs in question that I altered may be baked in data in the save.
* Dawnguard armor only now requires the body, gauntlets, and boots to gain the Dawnguard vampire-resistive set bonus.
Unpack the ESP module and BSA archive into your Skyrim/Data folder and activate. If you use the latest version of Ars Metallica, it is strongly suggested to use the compatibility patch, have Dawnguard Arsenal load after Ars Metallica, and the patch load after both.
v 1.1 (Jan 25, 2016):
* A method to have sun damage spell impacts create light has been devised. All light spells will now have a actual (brief) light flash at the point of impact in addition to the existing impact mesh.
* Gaze of Arkay has been rebalanced to be more in-line with existing Destruction damage/magicka ratios (IE: roughly 50-60% the base cost for the same base damage)
* Gaze of Arkay had to have its visual effects reconfigured to remove an un-circumventable bug where it would cause aggro despite causing no actual damage to the naturally living. As a result, there can be no more explosions at impact point. Please report back on visuals: Too bright?
* Sun Ray's projectile light has been toned down.
* A few USLEEP fixes have been carried over into override forms. No dependency requirements added.
v 1.1.1 (Jan 29, 2016)
* Adjusted sound output modes for sunfire explosion sound effects (copied to new Sound Descriptor records)
* Added an extra socket piece to the pommel/grip joints on the blades.
* Adjusted lights on some of the "fake hazard lights" for the projectile impacts.
* Removed an unwanted fire particle system from the Holy Ground hazard nif that I thought I already removed.
* Gunmar's inventory now updated to include a DG weapon or two, as well as one guaranteed silver ingot every restock.
* New texture set devised to differentiate the Standard and Elite blade weapons. The original textures are now the Elites, while a new darker spottier texture is the standard.
v 1.1.2 (Feb 9, 2016)
* Gave Gaze of Arkay a Turn Undead effect for 10 seconds to help with crowd control since Master spells root the caster in place. Removed cast wind-up on Gaze of Arkay.
* Cleaned up the module of several abandoned-in-place form records for ideas that didn't pan out for assorted reasons.
* Refined the specular map for the standard non-Elite blade weapons.
* Altered the texture grayscale map used on the Meridian Rune.
v 1.1.3 (Mar 20, 2016)
* Reduced Gaze of Arkay Turn Undead effect to 5 seconds for balancing. It's still long enough to keep them away for crowd control while discharging Gaze of Arkay, but not much beyond that. Want it to last longer? Then just cast His gaze upon them again, it'll re-apply the effect at 5 seconds.
* Corrected some scripts on the weapons so they have the Dawnguard perk add script.
* Boosted the brightness and radius of the Vampire's Bane impact light.
* Fixed the load screen sword art.
* Correctly pathed the Elite bladed weapons to their proper meshes. DSR users may need to re-SkyProc them, but the DSR'd elite blade meshes are already in place and properly tex-pathed.
* Revamped the Elite blade textures to have a mottled metal grain like the standard grade. They're still higher-albedo metals than the standard, just with a better metallic pattern.
* Added a lingering light splotch in the trail of the Gaze of Arkay beam (similar to the lingering trail that Potema's constant-effect lightning bolt).
v 1.1.4 (May 5, 2015)
* Meridian Rune is now affected by Rune Master perk.
* Reworked elite dagger diffuse texture to be more in-line with the other diffuse textures.
v 1.1.5 (May 18, 2016)
* Added an ARMA form to ensure the new and optional Dawnguard female reconformed armor sleeveless light variant does not cause crashiness because of an engine bug. If you don't use that optional addon, this will not do much of anything.
v 1.1.6 (July 24, 2016)
Fixed a shader flag error in the material properties for the dagger blood edges that prevented them from appearing. DSR users may or may not need to regenerate; I do not know how that works or if you can just plop in overwriter assets for it.
v 1.1.7 (August 20, 2017)
Complied with recent fixes by USLEEP v3.0.10 pertaining to Beleval. Cleared out extraneous Tamriel worldspace data. BSA is identical to previous version.
Leather texture by Tsabo6 (Alexander Nanitchkov): http://www.deviantart.com/art/Leather-texture-82368154
Metal texture by Nobiax: http://nobiax.deviantart.com/art/Commission-Medieval-textures-406572548
Ars Metallica by Arthmoor, compatibility patch made with permission: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16084/?