Last updated at 1:47, 20 Jul 2017 Uploaded at 1:07, 10 Mar 2014
Thanks for the Honor!
UPDATE: 10-4-2017, moreHUD SE is now available as alpha here: moreHUD SE
Thanks Brodual!. This video covers version 2.1.1
These video are for older versions of moreHUD. Thank you to those that have created these videos!
This mod adds HUD information that Skyrim has been severely lacking.
This mod display information about an object that the player is targeting.
I always found it annoying that in order to get more information about the object I had to:
- Pick up the item
- Open the Inventory
- Find the item in the inventory
- Look at the stats
Now I can target an object such as a weapon, piece of armor, or an ingredient and see information about the object.
In addition, I can see what my carry weight is so I no longer have to guess to find out later that I am carrying too much.
The follow Items have been added to the HUD:
- Carry Weight and Max Carry Weight (Only when targeting something that can be picked up or harvested)
- Player's Gold (Only when targeting something that can be picked up or harvested)
- Current Weapon Damage and Difference (Only when targeting a weapon)
- Current Armor Rating and Difference (Only when targeting armor)
- Known Ingredient Effects (Only when targeting ingredients or flora)
- The number of the targeted items that the player already has in his/her inventory (Only when targeting something that can be picked up or harvested and when the item exists in the inventory)
- An icon for books already read
- Enchantments for weapons and armor
- Effects for other spell items such as scrolls, spell tomes, and staves
- Armor weight class
- Skill book skill prior to reading (Disabled by default in the MCM menu)
This mod is simple in concept, but I have spent a lot of time working on it. I originally tried creating this mod from papyrus but found that the papyrus scripting was way too slow to handle the hud targeting. So I had to create a SKSE plugin to accomplish my goals, so thanks a lot SKSE team!
The papyrus scripting is very light. Most of the code implementation is in the SKSE plugin and the SWF HUD file that is included with this mod. The papyrus scripting is only used for hotkey events and for passing parameters to the widgets. There are no OnUpdate events.
1. This Mod Requires SKSE Version 1.6.16 or Greater found here.
2. This Mod Requires SkyUI Version 4.1 or Greater found here (for MCM only).
It is recommended that you download and install with Nexus Mod Manager.
If you want to install manually, install the following files to these locations:
- Install AHZmoreHUD.bsa and AHZmoreHUD.esp into the "<Skyrim Folder>/Data" folder
- Install The SKSE plugin AHZmoreHUDPlugin.dll into the "<Skyrim Folder>/Data/SKSE/Plugins" folder
To remove, go to the moreHUD MCM menu, and choose 'Uninstall' then exit the MCM menu. Then save your game and remove the mod.
1. Less Intrusive HUD is not able to position these widgets, but moreHUD gives the options to move the widgets in the MCM menu.
This mod should be compatible with most everything else that does not modify the HUD since there are no leveled list and very few papyrus scripting, etc.
I have even taken the extra time to be compatible with Harvest Overhaul found here.
If you do find any incompatibilities please let me know.
1. Sometimes the total armor rating does not match the vanilla's armor rating found in the inventory menu by 1. I suspect there is a rounding issues with the vanilla's display value. The value that this mod displays DOES equal to the total armor rating for all the equipped armor, so who knows.
2. There appears to be a bug in the vanilla game that calculates bow damage as (bow damage + bolt damage) when there are bolts equipped (DG). Obviously, this is not correct and this mod's calculation does not do that an therefore will not match the vanilla's
3. Also, when targeting a bow, and the player has a crossbow equipped, the vanilla game calculates the weapon difference using the following formula (targeted bow damage + (equipped bolt damage (* 2?)) - (equipped crossbow damage + equipped bolt damage). So this mod does not do that either
4. The weight for unharvested ingredients is not displayed because I have not found a reliable way of predicting how many ingredients the flora or tree will yield when using leveled lists (Harvest Overhaul). I may look into this later.
- The SKSE Team
- The SkyUI Team
- Those that help with finding bugs!
- And of course, Bethesda!