Ambershore

Virus scan

Safe to use

Tags for this mod

50 comments

1. Ambershore
    Ambershore
    • 17 kudos
    So, what have I been working on, recently?

* Adding an elevated central building, tax collector/grannary/whatevermodderwouldlikeittobe. Initially inspired by some historical medieval buildings, from Britain I think, like this:* Adding an elevated central building, tax collector/grannary/whatevermodderwouldlikeittobe. Initially inspired by some historical medieval buildings, from Britain I think, like this:* Adding an elevated central building, tax collector/grannary/whatevermodderwouldlikeittobe. Initially inspired by some historical medieval buildings, from Britain I think, like this:

Spoiler:  
    Show
    md9es59.jpg

But I've done my best to give it a more Nord/Whiterun style, and hopefully make it more intersting looking. Here's a 90% done version of my WIP:
    Spoiler:  
    Show
    tzWcmdO.jpg

and from a belowish angle:
    Spoiler:  
    Show
    VUnxoxP.jpg
    And yep, this did take some time, more than the waterstair gate, but I've now fine tuned my workflow to fit the engine's peculiarities, so I'm starting to get my cruise speed.

* I also progressed in doing a bit more impressive looking waterstair gate option (the promised second one), well, its tower at least, with a rebuilt top. I want to finalize a beta (exported) version first, but I'll post some pics in a week or so I think.

* Reorganizing and expanding the modders ressource file. Some of you may have notice that it's overdue for a update, and was kinda forgotten in the last one.

* I do have the beginning of... something different for the main access to the marketplace, coming from Whiterun main entrance (just before where Sigurd chops wood). With an arch and some partially ruined wall, and pushing back Pelagia's bank wall. This will obviously implies a bit more deviation from vanilla Whiterun, and as such I'll have to adjust the navmesh, but in a manner as careful and mods compatible as possible (let's be positive!), as with most of my work, I'd dare say. To give credit where it's due, I got the idea from another modder's work: Chris' Whiterun Overhaul, in particular, this pic shows the concept pretty well.

* I'll show here, sometime soon, greyboxing concept(s) of the new Banneredmare inn, and hopefully get feedback to help me decide which one I'll pick for a definitive modeling.

* Lastly, I've been working with a couple of other modders, modeling new meshes or variations for them, so some of my other moddest assets may sneak in their own upcoming updates :wink:

- Amber.
  2. bientje
    bientje
    • premium
    • 146 kudos
    Works in SE but needs to be optimised with CAO, otherwise there will be colour glitches.
  3. ixianda
    ixianda
    • supporter
    • 0 kudos
    Oh my god I was looking for new meshes for those totems forever. THANK YOU Amber!
  4. deathdealer289
    deathdealer289
    • supporter
    • 1 kudos
    These all look fantastic. Thank you for all your work!
    Are there any plans to release the other new meshes you've posted pictures of? They look great and I'd love to have the waterstair gate with the stairs.
  5. petrino
    petrino
    • premium
    • 4 kudos
    ive been looking for a fix for the wall next to the market for ages. was considering doing it myself. awesome!
    1. Ambershore
      Ambershore
      • 17 kudos
      Thank you, petrino.
      the new gate is almost done, just a few decals to tweak. Here's a vanilla vs new mesh comparison:

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZxnjxdlZwmnPmj25tt/giphy.gif
      (anim gif, so give it a couple of sec to load fully)

It will be in the next update, along with a few corrections (you guys are used to it, now) of some of the previously released stuff. And a changelog.
    2. afzal108
      afzal108
      • supporter
      • 6 kudos
      URL=https://media.giphy.com/media/ZxnjxdlZwmnPmj25tt/giphy.gif

Or!

My, my it looks good tho! :o Just make sure you add more images for new lookin' gateway.
    3. Ambershore
      Ambershore
      • 17 kudos
      @afzal108,
      Eh, thank you for correctly editing my links, pal. Kudos given!
    4. afzal108
      afzal108
      • supporter
      • 6 kudos
      Boiii :o I'll kudos-back to you
    5. petrino
      petrino
      • premium
      • 4 kudos
      since you seem to have stopped at the gate. i wish you would do a tutorial on how you did it so i could do some stuff myself. im having trouble getting models back into nif format using blender.
  6. starszeus
    starszeus
    • supporter
    • 3 kudos
    Hi,

thank you for work
    Great meshes
    Could you combine the following 2 meshes to get the big circle
    AmberWRmarketCOVERED + AmberWRmarketNEWWell
    Thank
  7. Ray84
    Ray84
    • 185 kudos
    First of all, I want to thank you for this great meshes, a great work. Especially your wrwalltotem.nif are a real feast for the eyes.

For all those who want to use the meshes in the SE, I proceeded:
    Download file manually
    Unpack the file
    Drag Nif Optimizer Tool (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4089) into the folder and let it run.
    Remove Nif Optimizer from the folder and re-pack it into an archive.
    Load re-packed archive with manager to the SE.
    Benefit.
    Come back here and leave an endorsement here for Ambershore.
  8. mavmanzero
    mavmanzero
    • premium
    • 4 kudos
    These are Awesome! Thank You very much. This needs more attention from users. I can't wait to see your new work come to fruition.
  9. Ambershore
    Ambershore
    • 17 kudos

In response to post #58685966. #58688191, #58719751, #58849891 are all replies on the same post.

Waiting for an SE port ^.^

I've used your meshes pretty much since they came out, and made the switch to SE just a couple days ago and hoped they were/would be ported as they're fantastic.

Thank you, HookerHeels, I'm glad that you like my modest, if time consuming, work

The SE port is coming, no worries. I'm just back from a long and hot summer partly away from modding. If you can't wait though, taking a look at EvilEyedKyo really great mod, EEKS Beautiful Whiterun might sate your appetite in the meantime, since he already converted and embellished my meshes (with permissions) to great effect in his own work (as you can see from the fith image page of his mod page)

I'm currently finishing the interior mesh and cell for the elevated granary.
    here's a preview pic:

I'm also finishing the larger model, outside AND inside (this time) for the more impressive/less damaged waterstair gate version. Diverting a bit more from the vanilla model. No loading screen, and direct access to the walls (revamped a bit, with machicolations and crenelations).
    1. HookerHeels
      HookerHeels
      • premium
      • 3 kudos
      Those look interesting!
      In the meantime, I figured out it was super simple to convert the meshes to SSE, so I did them myself lol
    2. HookerHeels
      HookerHeels
      • premium
      • 3 kudos
      Still working on the models by any chance? I love your meshes and would love to see them in my Whiterun. The gatehouse is just amazing.
  10. SkyrimFantom
    SkyrimFantom
    • supporter
    • 169 kudos
    Hi again,

do you have an idea why the edge of the well is so dark ? Happens with all your Well versions.

https://imgur.com/kw5VyrX

It's not the texture, it's normal with Vanilla.

https://imgur.com/o37Btpm
    1. Ambershore
      Ambershore
      • 17 kudos
      Hi,

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's my vertex colors, as I suspected and planned to adjust. Vertex information at the mesh/nif level. With an ENB that accentuate contrast and saturation (compared to vanilla) that's even worse than I feared. I was just about to upload an update (market stands, redone) but I've made a correction to this one, covered version, I'll recheck and probably adjust the other variation tonight as it probably need it too. It should correct this, and a few other places of the mesh where it was also a bit too dark. Also I took the liberty to adjust the vertex colors of the tiled roof - I hope I didn't orverdo things in the other direction (too bright), so please don't hesitate to report any other oddities or even things not to your tastes and I'll adjust it again quickly.

Give me a couple of min to upload this... ;)

2. SkyrimFantom
      SkyrimFantom
      • supporter
      • 169 kudos
      WELL, I still had issues. I'm on SSE. I removed the vertex color completely. And now it looks fine. Thank you for the nice mesh and good work. :)

https://imgur.com/DRjGabF
    3. Ambershore
      Ambershore
      • 17 kudos
      Oh, it was on SSE. Well, I'll port the models to SSE once everything as matured a bit more. It's starting to, so not too long now.
    4. HookerHeels
      HookerHeels
      • premium
      • 3 kudos
      Waiting for an SE port ^.^
      I've used your meshes pretty much since they came out, and made the switch to SE just a couple days ago and hoped they were/would be ported as they're fantastic.
  11. voajus
    voajus
    • 1 kudos
    Is this a modders resource?
    1. Ambershore
      Ambershore
      • 17 kudos
      yes and no.
      It's a modular mod, where you pick and install what you want, as per the description, but there is also a modder ressources file, AmberWorkshop1.3.7z, which I'll update soon to add the newest meshes.

I'll add a FOMOD version, kindly provided to me by Homercide, in the very next update, that should also help make things potentially less confusing.
      - Amber.
    2. voajus
      voajus
      • 1 kudos
      Thank you for the reply