Last updated at 16:43, 22 Nov 2015 Uploaded at 7:41, 3 Jul 2014
~ WELCOME TO NYHUS AND THE CYRODIIL BORDER ~
~ Travel south, cross the border and see new places. ~
~The Border Gate ~
You want to know what's behind the border of Skyrim? Tired of hanging around in Riverwood and Whiterun? Then this might be the mod for you!
You want more? Jknjb made an AS-LAL Extension to start a new life in Nyhus, Pryai village and near a Talos shrine (ex Talos Safe Haven mod)!
~ Huge chunk of landscaped Land behind the Skyrim Border ~
~ Three new Towns + one settlement, fully functioning with NPC's ~
~Three Quests, Two dungeons ~
~ A Draugr follower, a Wolf follower + Two new Spell Books ~
~ A House for the Player in Tel Eyrith, Morrowind ~
~ AS-LAL Extension to start a new life here (by Jknjb) ~
~ Much More ~
This mod is offering you an area southeast of the Riften Hold, behind the Skyrim border, touching the bordering lands of Cyrodiil and Morrowind. Plus this mod gives you a small island with a small town south of Solstheim. Expect strong enemies.
DLC Dragonborn is required to play this version. You also have to unlock the Skyrimborders.
HOW TO GO TO NYHUS AND THE BORDER CYRODIIL - MORROWIND:
Nyhus is located in Cyrodiil, south of the Rift, Skyrim. A town taken by Nordic warriors.
There are few ways to travel to Nyhus; the easiest way is when you travel from Riften to the border of Morrowind. Pass the bridge and - before the border - take the path on your right. Just follow the signs and you will enter an abandoned gate which guards the border Skyrim / Cyrodiil. When you enter the gate, you'll discover dead bodies; one of these bodies contains a diary which informs you about Nyhus and it's environment.
~ Nyhus, just across the border in Cyrodiil. Claimed by Nordic warriors, loyal to Ulfric Stormcloak. Or are they just adventurers? ~
Nyhus ('New House') is a small village in Cyrodiil, guarded by, mainly, hardened Nordish warriors under leadership of Folkvar. There is an Inn where you can drink Riften Blood (you can brew this beer yourself) and Forester, the strongest beers in Skyrim, there is a blacksmith, farmer, some NPC's and a shrine of Mara.
It is a dangerous environment. When you reach Nyhus, you'll be on a quest. You'll see the colonists struggling with an army of Thalmor Elves - they will attack you too. And a little up north in the mountains, an Ogre Fort is located - yes there are Ogres ! I made Ogres by making Orcs larger, giving them a grey/blue skin and make them look more primitive.
Not only the Thalmor and Ogres, also a group of vampires under Mordor's leadership is a real threat to Nyhus. These vampires claimed a small village, ruined the houses, digested the people living there and draining the lifeforce of trees around them. They noticed the adventurers in Nyhus and decided they will be their next victims.
You can enter a dungeon and fight vampires, headless zombies, black spitters and skeletonguardians, fight some bandits, ghosts and zombiewolves in the forest and in the badlands, or travel to the Dunmer PRYAI VILLAGE, take the boat to Tel Mithryn (Solstheim) and claim your abandoned playerhouse on an island in a small Telvanni town, TEL EYRITH.
When you are tired of your Skyrim-life, you can decide to jump from Dive Rock, after you drank some Riften Blood (worth to try this out!).
West of Nyhus, there is a mountainlocked place, in the bordering Cyrodiil mountains, south of Riften. This place has a Talos Shrine with crazy Talos worshippers, a cave as an home, a wolf (and some NPC's) as your follower, a small quest and an one way ticket to Sovngarde. This is TALOS SAFE HAVEN. Because it's located south of Riften, with a lower latitude, it feels/looks warmer than the southern holds of Skyrim. It is not part of any province.
~Talos Safe Haven, a mountainlocked place for Talos worshippers, could be you. ~
Last but not least: you can travel from Tel Mithryn to Morrowind (the continent) by uploading this mod! All you have to do is use your rowboat from your playershouse on a Island south of Tel Mithryn.
AS-LAL EXTENSION FOR NYHUS, PRYAI VILLAGE & TALOS SAFE HAVEN
This additional mod, made by Jknjb , which is also downloadable from this site, gives you the opportunity to start your character in one of these three locations!
Your character will spawn at the map marker in Nyhus (watch out for the Thalmor!), or the map marker in Pryai, depending on what you select. You will start with a basic suit of iron armor, a set of steel weapons, a woodcutter's axe and a pickaxe, a set of clothes, 10 lockpicks, 10 restore health potions and 500 gold.
To play this mod, you need the Alternate Start-Live Another Life from Arthmoor .
Alternate Start-Live Another Life
THIS MOD CONTAINS:
- An abandoned gate with a diary about Nyhus.
- Nyhus village with 2 quests, 1 new spellbook, NPC's, and a shrine
- A Dunmer Pryai Village with guards, prison, harbour, shops and inn
- New creatures plus a Draugr follower.
- A ship from Pryai Village to Tel Mithryn.Tel Mithryn has an harbour and shop.
- A small town on an island south of Tel Mithryn, called Tel Eyrith, with a player's home with chest, your own rowboat (to Blacklight, Morrowind!).
- Brewing your own beer: Riften Blood.
- A Talos Shrine south of Riften Hold, NPC's, a small quest and new spellbook, plus a cave with player's chest, suitable for a Dragonborn who doesn't need too much luxery and a wolf as follower.
- Another Talos Shrine with a friendly dragon with a One way ticket to Sovngarde
- Dive Rock (Oblivion) with a fort and a pelgrim (looks not exactly the same as the one in Oblivion, but it is very high and I think this is a nice Rock to Dive from)
- Dead Village with a few new creatures and it's dungeon
- Border with Morrowind and the Wastelands, with bandits, zombiewolves, undead, traders and an old fort with dungeon.
- tes5edited and navmeshed
- Terrible voiceacting and stupid jokes.
~Pryai Village, Morrowind, not far from the Skyrim border ~
There could be some grammar mistakes; I am sorry. I am Dutch, not English.
Don't drink and dive & may Talos guide you;
YOU WANT MORE? THERE IS MORE....:
If you like this mod, you might like:
Haafstad and the border of High Rock
Folkstead and the Border of Hammerfell
Both mods are built behind the borders of Skyrim.
PS.: I want to thank:
- keithinhanoi for merging Talos safe Haven and Nyhus!
- jknjb for making the AS-LAL Extension! And of course this couldn't have happened without Arthmoor, who made the Alternate Start-Live, thank you for your permission!
- Astakos for learning me how to use the tes5edit in a right way, haha.
- Sophia-, Tomoko and Sebastiaan Leenen for doing some voicerecording.
- Thank you all people, for giving me useable feedback. I really appreciate this.
- Team of the mod Shadow of Morrowind for the permission to connect Nyhus with that huge mod of yours!
- Bethesda for the fantastic game and Jeremy Soule for the beautiful music.
~Player home in Tel Eyrith, an island south of Solstheim ~