- img 3 loading...
- img 4 loading...
- img 5 loading...
- img 6 loading...
- img 7 loading...
- img 8 loading...
- img 9 loading...
- img 10 loading...
- img 11 loading...
- img 12 loading...
- img 13 loading...
- img 14 loading...
- img 15 loading...
- img 16 loading...
- img 17 loading...
- img 18 loading...
- img 19 loading...
- img 20 loading...
- img 21 loading...
- img 22 loading...
- img 23 loading...
Last updated at 12:54, 4 Oct 2014 Uploaded at 8:12, 1 May 2013
Thanks to Brodual Skyrim Mod Spotlight for the video.
Werewolves have always been a great addition to the adventures of every Dragonborn in the world of Skyrim. However, there was still a lot of elements that could have been improved. This mod aims at making being a werewolf a much more immersive, atmospheric and fun experience. It offers some new and interesting content with a considerable amount of customization, allowing you to choose what you would like to see (and hear) in your game and thus create your own story. Welcome to Moonlight Tales.
Werebeast Skin System
Moonlight Tales provides a wide selection of the best werewolf skin and eye textures from the greatest Skyrim modders, granting you access to over 200 unique werebeast models. This innovative system allows you to immediately modify your werewolf or werebear appearance by simply accessing the MCM menu and choosing the desired texture.
Werebears introduced in the Dragonborn DLC are now finally available for you as a playable race. Their Brotherhood Howl has also been modified appropriately to summon bear/ snow bear/ werebear spirits. You can become a werebear by contracting the Sanies Ursius disease from wild werebears, or by drinking a Werebear Blood Potion or by using the MCM Debug Menu.
Werewolves of Skyrim are powerful beings and yet, it seems strange that by default they can only transform once a day. Obtaining the Ring of Hircine grants additional transformations but it is not very comfortable having to equip it and select its spell every time. In Moonlight Tales, Beast Form is no longer a once-a-day spell. After returning to your human form, the power gets a cooldown of 60 seconds after which it can be used again. The cooldown rate can be customized in the MCM.
Ring of Hircine
As far as the ring itself is concerned, its purpose and power have also been modified. Originally, one of the game characters was looking for this magical ring in order to restrain his beast side as the artifact was said to allow werewolves "control their transformation". However, I don't think that allowing you to transform more often exactly fits that description... With Moonlight Tales, once the Ring of Hircine is obtained, it will truly allow you to control the beast within you by unlocking different transformation-related settings in the MCM. Additionally, if you are not a werewolf, the ring will allow you to transform into one once a day. If you're a vampire, this will effectively allow you to become a vampire-werewolf hybrid. Also, it is no longer necessary to equip the ring for its power to appear. Having it in your possession is enough.
Skyrim offers picturesque views of the night sky and is faithful to details such as moon phases. Unfortunately they have never been fully utilized in the vanilla game, which is a shame especially if you’re a werewolf. In Moonlight Tales, your life as a werewolf or werebear is deeply bound to the stages of the moon. If you have the Ring of Hircine, both the transformation chance for each phase and even the approximate time of the metamorphosis can be customized in the MCM. Those of you who know the Tales of Lycantrophy mod will surely remember screen messages, warning the player about the imminent transformation. Those screen notifications were replaced by a less subtle but more interesting type of warning. I am not going to spoil this feature for you so you will have to discover it yourself.
Sharing the Beastblood
Werebeasts are now able to truly spread their lycanthropic gift. By attacking NPCs there is a chance of infecting them with Sanies Lupinus (werewolf virus) or Sanies Ursius (werebear virus) disease. The infection itself is indicated by a subtle glow around the attacked character. Either of the diseases takes three days to fully develop, after which the NPC becomes a werebeast capable of spreading the virus. Of course the same rules apply to your character. Also, the NPCs turned by the player will share the skin he/she had the moment the transmission occurred. An alternative method is using Werewolf and Werebear Blood Potions found on some werebeast corpses. Note that essential and protected NPCs are immune to the disease. It is highly recommended that you don't simply wait through the days of the disease and, instead, fully experience the time your inner animal awakens as the night falls and the hunter's moon rises.
Player to NPC, NPC to Player and NPC to NPC infections can all be set in the MCM Menu.
Curing the Beastblood
The blood of the beast is a powerful blessing, but there may still come a time when you want to part with it. The cure in question can be found on some werebeast NPCs in the form of a Werewolf or Werebear Heart. As with every cure it has to be consumed, however, there is a catch. You have to travel to Glemoril Coven, the site of the last remaining Shrine of Hircine and perform a ritual there. Remember, however, that your beast side may not give up that easily so I highly recommend saving your game before eating the heart in case the cure doesn't work the first time. Another (but far less spectacular) way to be cured is by using the MCM Debug Menu.
Despite the fact that most of the known werebeast clans have been wiped out, you can still find companionship on your journeys by turning your followers into hunters of your kind. Followers that are not protected can be infected by attacking them in your beast form. If you have a Werewolf or Werebear Blood potion in your inventory, then there will be a dialogue option in which you can ask the follower to drink it. Similarly, if you would like to cure your followers, you need to obtain a Werebeast Heart, travel together to Glenmoril Coven and ask your companion to eat the heart. Other dialogue options that you get are based on transformation behavior. You can ask your follower:
- to transform whenever you do
- to transform by themselves in combat
- not to transform for now
In case you want to modify your current Follower's werebeast skin, it can be achieved by means of the "Reset your skin" dialogue option, which will switch follower's beast skin to the one currently used by the player.
It is now possible to encounter more wild werewolves, as well as werebears all around Skyrim and Solstheim. If you share their blood they will be non-hostile to you. In other words, if you are a werewolf, other werewolves will not attack you. Instead, they will wander and explore the world around them. Similarly to the player character, NPC Beast Form will also last for a limited amount of time, after which they will revert to their human self and get a cooldown. They level with the player and are also capable of performing knockbacks, using howls to summon allies and cannot be scared away with the Howl of Fear. They are also dynamically spawned with random skin textures chosen from the ones available in the new Skin System. Please note that werewolves and werebears are enemies and will thus attack each other. In order to avoid cluttering game memory, NPC werebeasts will be removed from the game once they roam too far from the player. Frequency of the events, minimum required level, knockback protection etc. can all be changed in the MCM.
Since Skyrim is now a far more dangerous place, it is possible for the werebeast player to be tracked by experienced armed hunters of various skills and races. Those elite hunters from factions like Silver Hand and Vigilants of Stendarr will level with the player and are immune to the effects of Howl of Fear. Frequency of Hunter events, minimum required level etc. can all be changed in the MCM.
Personally that's my favourite part of this mod. Depending on whether you are a newly-infected human or a full-fledged werebeast, you will experience different flavours of equally atmospheric music featuring:
- McAsmod Music - 8 classic songs from McAsmod's Werewolves Morrowind mod playing in random selection when the player roams the land in Beast Form. Ideal theme for a moonlight stroll or an intense hunt.
- Full Moon Music - amazing music theme from INTERNATIONALvids YouTube channel that plays when the player is affected by either Sanies Lupinus or Sanies Ursius disease. It allows you to experience your new power growing within you as your mind becomes one with the surrounding nature.
All of the above songs can be turned on and off in the MCM.
1. Download with Nexus Mod Manager.
2. Install with Nexus Mod Manager.
Installation over the Previous Versions of Moonlight Tales
No special steps required.
Installation over Tales of Lycanthropy
1. Uninstall Tales of Lycanthropy.
2. Launch Skyrim and load your save. Click yes on the pop up that complains for the missing mod.
3. Save your game. The important factor here is that it should not have ToL any more.
4. Exit the game and install Moonlight Tales.
5. Load the save that was created without ToL.
Recommended Mods to use with Moonlight Tales
- Predator Vision
- Heart of the Beast - The fur and eye textures are included in Moonlight Tales, but not the sound files. Go and grab them!
- A Matter of Time - A HUD clock widget by SkyAmigo - Displays the current moon phase, amongst many other useful features.
- Werewolf Mastery by RolandSir - Read the section just bellow for instructions. Works only with MT 2.05!
- Amazing Follower Tweaks by Dheuster - Note that this mod was not updated for a while.
Recommended Perk Mods (Install only one of them at a time.)
Moonlight Tales 2.05 + Werewolf Mastery is compatible!
Read the appropriate section in the description for installation instructions. Thanks to RolandSir for his help and support.
MT + WM Installation Guide
Step 1: Download and install the file 'Moonlight Tales Main 2_05' on this mod page via Nexus Mod Manager.
Step 2: Visit: Werewolf Mastery by RolandSir
Step 3: Download and install the file 'Werewolf_Mastery_v3_0_and_Moonlight_Tales_v2_05_Compatibility_version' via Nexus Mod Manager.
Step 4: Click yes on all overwrite attempts.
Step 5: Inside the Nexus Mod Manager make sure that my ESP file is not loaded!
This is important because the two mods are now merged into WerewolfMastery.esp! This is how it should look like in the Manager:
Step 6: You are now done, enjoy and consider endorsing both mods if you appreciate our project.
Legend of Cain - The Machinima Werewolf Series
A fellow werewolf modder Ns Jones created this epic video series. I recommend it to everyone!
Site on Nexus: Legend of Cain
Ns Jones on Youtube: Link
2014.09.01. Version 2.33 changes:
=> Script / Faction Logic Upgrade:
The option granting alliance with wolves will no longer have any side effects (The Vigilants of Stendarr faction won't incorrectly attack you on sight in human form.). In addition to this, werebears can now be allied to bears by using the same option.
2014.08.17. Version 2.32 changes:
=> Bugfixes: Keybind Function Repair
Changing the keys in MCM no longer crashes the main player werebeast script. This issue was behind the lunar transformation and music related bugs.
If you had the bug, clean save is required.
2014.08.11. Version 2.31 changes:
=> Bugfixes: Aela, Vilkas and Farkas
The dialogue to change their beast form skin textures will now correctly show up.
=> Bugfixes: Friendly Wolves in Human Form
Getting cured from beast blood will now correctly remove the player's friendship to the wolf faction.
2014.08.10. Version 2.3 changes:
=> New Feature / Hotkey: Power Jump
With this new power you can activate a boost that last 4 seconds, allowing you to jump ten times (customisable) as high as you would normally do for the cost of 30% total stamina (one jump per activation). After you perform the jump, it also completely protects you from fall damage for 6 seconds. The hotkey has an alternate use when pressed mid air. In this use, it will only prevent all fall damage for the next 6 seconds. By default it is on the Q key, but you can bind it anywhere you like. Hunt your prey from rooftops, mountain sides and even tree tops if you aim right! Only works in Beast Form, and comes with visual clues (special effects) and sounds.
=> New Feature / Hotkey: Revert Form
- This ability will instantly return you to your humanoid form. It comes with an additional setting called 'Allow Revert on Lunar Transform'. By default Revert Form is on the Left Control, but you can bind this ability to any key you like.
=> New Feature / Option: No Beast Form Cooldown
- Disables the cooldown on your Beast Form ability. NPC werebeasts are not affected by this change, and will continue to use the regular cooldown setting.
=> New Feature / Option: Friendly Wolves in Human Form
- When this setting is enabled, wolves in the wild become friendly towards beast blooded players. If you approach too close to a Vigilants of Stendarr, they may sniff out your secret easier.
=> Bugfixes: Blood Potions, Hearths, Followers
- Fixed the bug, that caused these functions to fail when Amazing Follower Tweaks script files were not installed.
=> Bugfixes: Werewolf Aftermath Re-Equipper by Korodic
- Custom enchanted gear should now correctly apply their effects after the Re-Equipper does it's magic.
2014.08.06. Version 2.25 changes:
- Corrected errors with the level up system. Some skills did not get a level up as intended, and a few got increased twice per feeding. I've tested it (loads of NPCs were harmed during the making of this version ^^), and everything seems to work.
2014.08.06. Version 2.2 changes:
=> New Feature / Option: Feeding Skill Gain
- I've always felt that there should be an option to level up your character by purely playing as a shapeshifting werebeast... and now you can! Select your character's current skill orientation from: Magic, Combat or Stealth, each including 6 skills. (Note, that you can change orientation any time.) You can also set up the percentage based chance (0-100%) per feeding, to increase one out of your six skills (randomly selected) that are in your preferred orientation. Skills that are already maxed out are not rolled for the random selection.
=> Greatly Improved Performance / Alea, Farkas and Vilkas Features Removed
- There is always room for improvement in the area of optimal performance, and I really wanted to get rid of the noticeable delays and lags that rooted in the heavy scripts refreshing in the background. For this reason RegisterForSingleUpdate events have been optimized, and I've cut the part of the mod that modified Alea, Farkas and Vilkas to be functional werewolves from the beginning. It was a feature that I've never used, and it costed huge resources in the background constantly. You can still turn these NPCs into werewolves manually, the only change is that they won't be automatically transformed from the start.
=> Model Update
- The great La Femme Lycana Female Werewolf Body returns with an updated shape (version 2.0) and weight slider support. Thanks to the author MadCat221!
=> Texture Updates
- The Green, Blue, Yellow, Orange and Red eye textures have been updated to the latest version created by their original author NsJones.
- All Moonlight Tales eye textures now also include the 'Orb Fix' improvement from author NsJones.
- The Black, Brown and Grey werewolf fur textures updated with the latest work of their original author NsJones.
- Natural, Timber and White werewolf fur textures now use normal maps from the mod 'More Wolf-Like Werewolf Skin' by author Foxcraft7.
- White werewolf fur texture switched from Bellyache's version to Foxcraft7's more detailed paint.
- Natural werewolf fur texture corrected around the mouth and nose area by myself.
=> New Option: Beast Form / Post Transformation Bleedout
- This option will allow everyone to select whether they want the short 'fall on your knees' animation to play after a werewolf / werebear transformation ends. I found it annoying after seeing it hundreds of times, and decided it's best if it can be turned on and off.
=> New Option: Sound / Lunar Transformation / No Screams, No Bleedout
- Similarly to the setting above, this will get rid of the 'fall to your knees' animation when you have your lunar transformation, resulting in a swifter sequence. All the previous options remain available and unchanged.
2013.05.16. Version 2.05 changes:
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Dawnguard perk Gorging to function incorrectly. No changes to scripts, only the esp was modified.
2013.05.16. Version 2.00 changes:
- The entire mod was rewritten for this release. The buggy formlist system was removed and replaced by stable reference aliases. It's important that you cure your followers before installing the new version.
- Dawnguard and Dragonborn are no longer required!
- When Dawnguard is not installed, the hunter NPCs will use longbows instead of crossbows, vampire lord will no longer be detected, the effect during lunar transformations will be less spectacular. Everything will still work as it should.
- When Dragonborn is not installed, there will be no werebears of any kind in the game. Everything else will go on just fine.
- (ONLY VERSION 2.05) IS NOW COMPATIBLE WITH WEREWOLF MASTERY!
- The mod now includes Werewolf Aftermath Re-Equipper by Korodic. Huge thanks to Korodic for his contribution!
- Now compatible with Amazing Follower Tweaks by Dheuster. You need to infect followers with the option drink werewolf / werebear blood from my mod via the potion system, then everything will work.
Thanks to Dheuster for helping me develop the necessary code.
- Also compatible with RaceCompatibility for Skyrim and Dawnguard by TMPhoenix.
My mod has to be installed after RaceCompatibility and all files need to be overwritten!
Thanks TMPhoenix, for your help!
- Added a bit of extra compatibility for Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival by Chesko.
Your gear will no longer be unequipped during the cinematic transformation sequences.
New menu options:
- Added option to toggle the effect of Aftermath Re-Equipper.
- Added option to toggle the automatic infections of Aela, Farkas and Vilkas. It was necessary for AFT compatibility.
- Added option to toggle that werebeast may only spawn at night.
- Added option to customize how often spawn chances are rolled. (The value is in in-game minutes.)
- Added option to customize the duration of the warning effect. The warning effect is now half as long by default.
(The value is in in-game minutes.)
- The tracking system will now write out the names of the NPCs.
- The NPCs may no longer spawn or hunt you in closed cities and special zones like Sovngarde, Soul Cairn etc...
- There may be no more then 30 werebeasts, 30 diseased npcs, 30 hunters and 30 NPCs in Beast Form at a time. More was showing to cause performance problems.
2013.05.06. Version 1.13 changes:
- The NPC script will now automatically correct the hostile guard faction problem that was present in previous versions.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the player to suffer hostility from guard factions when he/she shouldn't have.
The ESP was unchanged. These changes affect the script files only.
2013.05.06. Version 1.12 changes:
- The La Femme Lycana body option is no longer disabled for male characters. This was necessary to allow it's selection for follower NPCs.
- 'Reset beast form skin.' dialogue will now work on female NPCs as well.
- Made sure that werebeast NPC followers are cleared from guard hostile factions upon turning back to human form.
- Werebear Blood Potion and Werebear Heart options in the Debug menu will now get disabled when werebear content is disabled.
The ESP was unchanged. These changes affect the script files only.
2013.05.04. Version 1.1 changes:
- The ESP of the plugin was cleaned by TES5Edit: 3 Identical To Master Records have been removed.
Thanks to Neovalen for helping me.
- Russian translation is now included for the MCM menu system. Thanks to esey.
- French translation is now included for the MCM menu system. Thanks to Hydroel & Dragoteryx.
2013.05.03. Version 1.09 changes:
- Fixed a few papyrus code issues. They did not have any impact on gameplay but a bit of polish can't hurt.
2013.05.02. Version 1.08 changes:
- Several spelling mistakes fixed in the Spanish translation. Thanks to criswolf09.
- Mage followers that are werewolves or werebears will no longer try to cast spells in Beast Form.
2013.05.02. Version 1.07 changes:
- Screen notification message when the Beast Form cooldown is finished and it's ready to be used again. This thing is super handy!
- Fixed the issue that caused one of my scripts to spam the papyrus log if the player used Moonlight Tales with debug mode enabled.
Thanks to Madd_Mugsy for the report.
- Players using non-English version of the game will no longer have problems with missing localization text.
2013.05.01. Version 1.05 changes:
- Werebeast and hunter NPCs can no longer spawn while the player is adventuring in interior locations.
They were always ment for outdoors only.
- Vampire Lord form now triggers 'Transform whenever I do' followers.
- PlayerWerewolfChangeScript improved with the assistance of RolandSir. All Dawnguard perks will now function as intended. Thank you!
- Hunter Cooldown can now be set to 0 days. It was incorrectly limited at 0.5 days lowest before.
- Spanish translation is now included for the MCM menu system. Thanks to criswolf09.
Brevi - main author, technical support, Howling model; wild ideas and the ability to execute them :)
Al99 - co-author, tester, creator of this description
Maryen, Redwes - testers
MadCat221 - La Femme Lycana, female werewolf model
TheOutlander - unique eye texture models that allowed for odd and blind eyes
NsJones - immersive werewolf skins and glowing eye textures
Bellyache/ wrig675 - realistic werewolf skin textures
Jeremy Hamilton/ artifex0 - natural werewolf skin textures
Foxcraft7 - more wolf-like werewolf skins
TheLys, Intelligentsia - atmospheric music from McAsmod's Werewolves Morrowind mod
INTERNATIONALvids - YouTube team composing the bone-chilling Full Moon music theme
Korodic - Werewolf Aftermath Re-Equipper
KrittaKitty - Alternate Eye Pack textures
English localization - AI99 & Brevi.
Spanish localization - criswolf09. Download at: nexusmods.com/mods/36143
Italian localization - Lucasssvt. Download at: nexusmods.com/mods/36285
To our wives and fiances for bearing with such weirdos. :)