Last updated at 13:33, 6 Jul 2014 Uploaded at 10:32, 22 Feb 2013
- Carried forward changes from Wet and Cold 1.41.
- Fixed an issue where the Watery Eyes effect was not working properly.
Required: Skyrim 220.127.116.11.8+
Required: Wet and Cold 1.20+
Optional: SKSE 1.6.5+
SKSE is only required for the equipment features and configuration of this addon through the MCM.
- Any mods that modify Solstheim's weathers should probably be placed after this esp.
- If using Get Snowy, my dusty shader may get overridden by the snow shader during ash storms.
An unofficial, official addon for Wet and Cold, which extends cold effects support to Solstheim and adds various ash related effects. To force an ash storm use console command 'fw XX032336' where XX is the load order number of Dragonborn.esm (most likely 04 if you have all DLCs). Install, update, troubleshooting, etc. instructions are identical to the Wet and Cold mod.
Wet and Cold:
Wet and Cold now recognizes the cold regions of Solstheim. The northern half of Solstheim is considered cold 24/7. The southern half becomes cold at night.
Three types of ash fall weathers have been added to Solstheim. They are more likely to occur in Raven Rock while ash storms are more likely to occur outside of Raven Rock due to the walls that were built to minimize the effects of ash storms.
Ash Gear: [SKSE]
All NPCs will equip face covers and will sometimes equip goggles during ash storms if their slots are free.
Dust accumulation effects play over the entire body during ash storms. The effect is removed over the course of 60 seconds of being indoors/storm ending or if you get wet through rain or swimming. Getting wet from rain to remove the effect relies on either my drip effect or rain blindness enabled.
Watery Eyes: [SKSE]
Your eyes will water during ash storms unless you keep your face down. Equipping goggles from this mod will make you immune to this effect as well as the blindness effects from the core mod. Requires SKSE only because I imagine it'd be annoying without access to goggles. This feature is disabled by default.
- Options for this addon will automatically appear in Wet and Cold's MCM upon installation. Due to time, addons will not be configurable via any other method.
- You may disable Ash Gear for a particular follower by crafting him/her an 'Ashen Snowberry' at a cooking pot with 1 snowberry.
- The face covers use slot 42 (circlet slot) and the goggles use slot 56.
- I detect ash storms through a worldspace check (Solstheim), an IsSnowing weather type, wind speed >= 0.07 AND a warm region check determined by Wet and Cold.
- If a piece of armor has the dummy keyword 'WerewolfCeremony', it will be considered eye protection.
- You have my permission to translate and add this file as an optional file under the existing translated Wet and Cold mod if uploaded to the Nexus. If uploaded to a non-English site, do as you wish.
- Text errors in MCM can be corrected here for future releases.
- Loading this plugin in the CK without esmifying WetandCold.esp first will result in a permanently broken plugin. Easiest method is to use a program like Wrye Bash. Right click WetandCold.esp, click 'Esmify Self', then load up WetandCold - Ashes.esp in the CK. After you are finished, right click WetandCold.esp and choose 'Espify Self' to remove the master flag. Loading it in a 3rd party program should be fine although I haven't tested it yet.
Sundracon for the face covers in 1.02 and below: Sundracons Mask of Maru.
volvaga0 for the goggles and 1.03+ face covers: Dwemer Goggles and Scouter, Chitin Goggles, Face Masks of Skyrim.
SparrowPrince for the minor modifications to Sundracon's face covers.