Last updated at 5:48, 22 Sep 2015 Uploaded at 17:58, 29 Nov 2012
Copyright 2015 isoku. This item is not authorized for posting on Steam, except under the Steam account named isoku.
This mod gains additional features depending on other mods you have installed.
Optional: SKSE 1.6.5+
SKSE is only needed for the Gear functionality to work and configuration of this mod through SkyUI's MCM.
Optional: SkyUI 3.0+
Features from this mod can be configured through SkyUI's MCM.
Optional: Wet and Cold - Ashes
An addon for Wet and Cold, which extends cold effects support to Solstheim and adds various ash related effects. Included in the main archive.
Optional: Campfire - Complete Camping System
Additional backpacks may be equipped by travelling NPCs as part of Survival Gear. [SKSE]
Optional: iNeed - Food Water and Sleep
Food spoilage and snow melting rates are reduced in the cold. Travelling NPCs may be equipped with waterskins as part of Survival Gear, which allows for purchasing of (expensive) refills.
Optional: Winter Is Coming - Cloaks
If any of the main plugins are installed, additional fur cloaks may be equipped by NPCs as part of Cold Gear. Armored NPCs may also wear armored fur hoods. [SKSE]
Optional: Cloaks of Skyrim
If any of the main plugins are installed, additional hide/linen cloaks may be equipped by NPCs as part of Rain Gear. [SKSE]
This mod adds weather-dependent visual effects and NPC AI enhancements. All features related to the visual effects apply to all actors unless otherwise stated. Some features require SKSE to function.
- Drips (2): Water drips from body parts during rain and after swimming.
- Soggy Feet: A light splash sound effect and splash particles play from each footstep when it's raining and after swimming. Does not work on creatures.
- Rain Blind: Rain drops will blind you periodically while looking up.
- Breaths: Breathe out visible moisture from the nose and mouth in frigid regions (snowy/coastal) and less visible moisture in the tundra/marsh regions at night. Breaths from the nose appear in steady intervals while breaths from the mouth become visible while talking (NPCs only), running, sprinting or fighting. Creatures currently supported: giants, horses, dogs, huskies, wolves, bears, (Vale) sabrecats, falmer, werewolves/bears, trolls, dragons, cows, hagravens, lurkers, boars and rieklings. Breaths will not appear if the actor is a vampire.
- Snowy: Snow will accumulate on hair and armor during snow fall. This effect will also appear over the whole body after swimming in a cold region.
- Strong Winds: If caught in a blizzard (weather classification: snowy and wind speed > 0.5) you and all nearby NPCs will receive a 15% reduction in movement speed if out in the open. Wind sound volume has also been increased during a blizzard and in mountainous regions.
- Blizzard Blind: Disabled by default for the player. Snow will blind you periodically during a blizzard. Keep your face down or move under a shelter to avoid. NPCs are blinded making it more difficult for them to detect targets.
- Rain: Civilian NPCs will return to their homes once it starts raining. Adults will walk briskly. Children will run. Argonians, beggars and working class NPCs will remain outdoors.
- Blizzard: Most civilian NPCs will walk briskly to their homes when a blizzard starts.
- If an NPC doesn't live nearby, he/she will go to an inn.
- Rain: All NPCs except Argonians and beggars may equip hoods and cloaks during rain if their slots are free.
- Cold: All NPCs except beggars may equip fur hoods, cloaks and gloves in cold regions if their slots are free. If Wet and Cold - Ashes is installed, they may also equip face covers. Equip chance of face covers depends on the time of day, weather conditions and if the NPC is a traveler. Due to their incredible resistance to the cold, Nords are more likely to equip their Cold Gear at night.
- Survival: All NPCs except followers may equip backpacks while traveling outside of villages and cities if their slots are free. Leather knapsacks will auto-adjust to fur cloaks to prevent clipping upon unequipping/equipping.
- Equipment specifically from Wet and Cold can only be found on NPCs. If SKSE and SkyUI are installed, you can add equipment to merchant leveled lists through the MCM.
- If using Immersive Citizens, the Go Home feature from Wet and Cold will be automatically disabled.
- If using Frostfall 2.0+, the player's drip effects from Wet and Cold will be automatically disabled.
- If using Get Snowy, the snowy effects from Wet and Cold will be automatically disabled.
- If using Convenient Horses, your followers' horses will not drip water or have any breaths unless you use console command "setghost 0" on each of them.
- Everything in this mod is applied dynamically so it should work with any NPC in any location (DLC, new lands, new villages, etc) except the cold features. While the cold features are also applied dynamically, mods or DLCs with new regions or creatures may need to be supported manually.
- Cold effects support for Dawnguard, Dragonborn (requires Wet and Cold - Ashes) and Wyrmstooth creatures and locations.
Manual: See the manual installation document in the archive.
Mod Managers: Download the files and add to your respective programs.
Steam Workshop: Hit the subscribe button.
This mod automatically refreshes itself with each revision. When updating (manual or mod managers), simply uninstall the previous version and install the updated version.
When uninstalling, make a save in an interior location with no effects playing and then remove all installed files. Make sure WetandCold.esp and .bsa are no longer present in your Data folder.