- img 3 loading...
- img 4 loading...
- img 5 loading...
- img 6 loading...
- img 7 loading...
- img 8 loading...
- img 9 loading...
- img 10 loading...
- img 11 loading...
- img 12 loading...
- img 13 loading...
- img 14 loading...
- img 15 loading...
- img 16 loading...
- img 17 loading...
- img 18 loading...
- img 19 loading...
- img 20 loading...
- img 21 loading...
- img 22 loading...
- img 23 loading...
- img 24 loading...
- img 25 loading...
- img 26 loading...
- img 27 loading...
- img 28 loading...
- img 29 loading...
- img 30 loading...
- img 31 loading...
- img 32 loading...
- img 33 loading...
- img 34 loading...
- img 35 loading...
- img 36 loading...
- img 37 loading...
Last updated at 15:51, 14 Aug 2015 Uploaded at 19:57, 19 Apr 2012
This mod is not an expansion of any other mod.
Please see Installation notes below regarding Installing, Uninstalling or Updating
Also please be sure to read through ALL Change Notes
Better Fast Travel adds many more Carriages all around Tamriel at most of the small settlements/towns allowing you to use a more immersive (and possibly expensive) way to travel around Tamriel without using the Fast Travel option. It has pricing based on the distance to your destination that is fully customizable in the MCM menu. This also adds several Ships/Boats around the northern coast along with Ivarstead and Riften, all of which can be toggled on/off in the MCM menu.
This mod comes with support for both Vanilla and Hearthfires. The Hearthfires version adds the three player built houses to the Carriages once the locations have been discovered and also adds a few more locations to the Hearthfires carriages once you've unlocked them.
- 27x Carriages all around Tamriel (using both Hearthfires and Dawnguard DLCs)
- 8x Ship/Boat transport options around the northern coast (and Ivarstead/Riften)
- 'Dynamic' pricing based on distance to your destination
- Disable Fast Travel on Map Screen
- Travel while over encumbered
- Toggle Carriage/Boat locations on/off via the MCM menu.
- Toggle Carriage/Boat destinations on/off via the MCM menu
- Toggle map markers to show you location of Carriages/Ships on map screen
The video above shows some of the features found in v3.70. a few more have been added since recording this video as you now have the ability to toggle Locations and Destinations separately. I have sadly disabled* the feature Charge for Followers as it proved too difficult to support for custom followers that didn't use the vanilla follower system (or any follower system really).
- Darkwater Crossing
- Dayspring Canyon (only available with the Dawnguard DLC)
- Dragon Bridge
- Halfmoon Mill
- Heartwood Mill
- Heljarchen Hall (only available with the Hearthfires version and if location has been discovered)
- Lakeview Manor (only available with the Hearthfires version and if location has been discovered)
- Old Hroldan
- Shor's Stone
- Windstad Manor (only available with the Hearthfires version and if location has been discovered)
- Icewater Jetty (only available with the Dawnguard DLC)
1. If upgrading from a previous version, make sure you have completely removed any previous versions of this mod (see Uninstall below)
2. Install SKSE (not required for this mod, but is required for SkyUI, MCM and the ability to use the advanced features of BFT)
3. Install SkyUI and optionally SkyUI-Away if you want the vanilla UI system - for installation of SkyUI-Away see Gophers video
4. Download the latest version of Better Fast Travel, if you have the Hearthfires DLC, download the Hearthfires edition, otherwise get the Vanilla version. Note that if you're using the Unofficial Skyrim Patches make sure Better Fast Travel is after them in your load order (if you're using BOSS or LOOT this should be done for you already) otherwise there is a chance this mod will not work correctly.
5a. For the BSA version place the BSA and ESP in your Skyrim directory 'SteamSteamAppscommonSkyrimData' then activate the ESP under 'Data Files' in the Skyrim launcher.
5b. For the Loose version place the 'Data' folder from the zip file into the Skyrim directory 'SteamSteamAppscommonSkyrim' and overwrite anything if prompted, then activate the ESP under 'Data Files' in the Skyrim launcher.
5c. For the NMM installation, open the archive in NMM and activate the mod.
1. Load your game and open MCM
2. Go to Better Fast Travel and click the button 'Uninstall BFT'
3. Close MCM
4. You will get a notification on the top left of your screen that BFT is uninstalling, wait 30 or so seconds for another notification it's been Uninstalled
5. Save your game
6a. For the BSA version delete these files
'/Skyrim/Data/BFT Ships and Carriages.esp'
'/Skyrim/Data/BFT Ships and Carriages.bsa'
6b. For the Loose version, to quickly delete all the Loose files associated with BFT, copy the file 'Uninstall_BetterFastTravel.bat' in the Optional folder to your '/Steam/Steam/Apps/common/Skyrim/' directory (where SkyrimLauncher.exe and TESV.exe are located) then run it, it will delete only the files associated with this mod. If you want to double check, open the bat file in notepad. Alternatively you can delete the files manually, refer to the zip file for file names/locations.
7. Launch your save game from step 5 and Save your game again with the mod deactivated.
8. If you're upgrading to a new version, install and activate the new version, then launch your game using the Save from Step 7, this will provide a clean start and any additional features added to the MCM menu (Disable Fast Travel for example) will work as intended.
1. Floating markers won't always appear above Carriage Drivers or Ship Captains heads, not sure what the problem is but it sometimes doesn't like having both Miscellaneous quests Ship Locations and Carriage Locations activated at the same time so try activating just the one you need, alternatively try toggling the quests under Miscellaneous or toggling the MCM option for Map Markers. This function was primarily meant to show you the location on the Map Screen and this works without issue.
2. If you're using an ENB and toggle locations on/off while standing in front of them you may get some weird artifacts as they appear/disappear, this is normal.
3. If you toggle 'Disable Fast Travel' in MCM then immediately try fast travelling on the map screen you may notice it isn't working properly, this is because you haven't given the game or papyrus enough time to recognise the change, when you toggle this give it to the count of 5 (only need to do this when you toggle it on) and it should then work without issue unless some other mod is interfering.
4. You can't toggle the Locations or Destinations for Whiterun, Solitude, Markarth, Riften, Windhelm, Lakeview Manor, Windstad Manor or Heljarchen Hall. This is intended as I don't want you to disable them, remove BFT then blame me your game is broken, if you find a way to do this it's completely your fault as it isn't a supported feature.
5. The Charge For Followers option is no longer showing in MCM, this is due to the number of follower mods out there and them doing their own thing in regards to tracking (or not tracking) how many followers are with you etc, it's a black hole in terms on compatibility. Adding a slider/multiplier in MCM defeats the purpose as you can adjust pricing anyway, a dialogue option might work but again due to dialogue not being all that dynamic I can only support up to 'x' number yet people would likely have 'y' number and so it wouldn't work for them. I'm not going to support or semi support a feature if I can't get it to work how I originally intended. In saying that though the option is still part of v3.76 as it is something I will personally use as it took me quite a while to get working and works perfectly with Vanilla and 3DNPC followers, if you'd like to use it as well and understand completely that it isn't a supported feature then in the game console type set bftgimmealltoggles to 42 and open MCM. This in turn will also let you toggle the vanilla carriage locations and destinations (they won't be greyed out) which I might add again isn't a supported feature either, if you post anything regarding these in the comments I will just delete them, you've been warned. Now with that out of the way if you'd like other follower mods to use this feature too you'll either need to manually adjust the global variable PlayerFollowerCount yourself or get the mod creator of the follower to add it to their mod (ideally they should be doing this anyway), this feature works fine with anything that modifies the vanilla follower system including UFO, EFF and AFT
Become Jarl of Ivarstead
Expanded Towns and Cities (you must use the BFT Patch provided in the ETaC patches)
==Search and ask in the comments==
Bugs may appear but none can be specified.
- Removed file SKI_PlayerLoadAlias.pex from the package to stop people pointing it out, it's part of SkyUI/MCM and ideally shouldn't be included. It's not the end of the world if it's there but to save me what little sanity I have left it's gone. For more information see here
- Removed feature 'Charge for Followers', while this was a nice idea it proved far too much hassle with all the follower mods out there doing their own thing. Again this is to save what little sanity I have left.
- Moved Carriage in Ivarstead to just outside town (across the bridge), this is to help support the mod Become Jarl of Ivarstead
- Added Ivarstead to Ship Transport (this is off by default).
- Added Helgen to Carriages (this is off by default).
- Added options in MCM to now toggle Locations and Destinations separately. Locations are the places you will find a Carriage/Ship NPC and Destinations are the places that show in Dialogue (and can visit) when talking to a Carriage/Ship NPC.
- Due to the above new features I've had to create/change some spawn points (XMarkers) at the Carriage/Ship locations, this shouldn't effect anything at all, you'll just appear in a slightly different place.
- Added support for Interesting NPCs (3DNPC) (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8429/) with the Charge for Followers option. At the moment this option supports ONLY Vanilla and 3DNPC, any other follower mod will most likely not work.
- Changed the 'Follower Count' option in MCM to now be 'Party Count'.
- Some big clean up to scripting as how I had done certain things wasn't all that efficient and I wasn't all that happy with it.
- Fixed a deleted navmesh issue, not sure how that happened as they weren't any navmeshes I went near.
- More clean up of the ESP
- Moved Carriage in Dawnstar so it's now compatible with mod Dawnstar Fortified
- Removed script ShipTransportCaptains as it appeared to be causing issues for some people, I wasn't able to replicate it myself but have been able to use AI Packages to cover what the script was doing.
- Adjusted Disable Fast Travel on the Map screen, should work a little better, no guarantees though as other mods use the same method and may interfere.
- Added several more locations for Ship Transport including Northwatch (travelling from not just to), Winterhold, Morthal and Riften.
- Added ability to enable/disable locations/npcs via the MCM menu, some locations cannot be toggled however, these include Whiterun, Solitude, Markarth, Riften, Windhelm, Lakeview Manor, Windstad Manor and Heljarchen Hall as they are the default/vanilla Carriages and I don't want to be held responsible if you disable them, uninstall BFT and can't get them back again.
- General clean up of ESP removing redundant things that weren't used.
- General clean up of scripts.
- Customised Better Fast Travel NPCs (faces, clothing etc) and created AI Packages for Ship Crew so they don't just stand around all the time.
- Added function to now be charged for your party rather than just yourself making trips more expensive and adding a bit more immersion.
- Added 'Uninstall BFT' option in MCM, while not required it's highly recommended as it shuts down all quests associated with BFT and resets settings back to default.
- Fixed an issue with Carriage dialogue when you had less gold than required for a trip.
- Added an option in the MCM menu to disable fast travel on the Map screen, this will only effect the games default map screen, if you have a mod that adjusts the functionality of the map, this may not work, it should work with all mods that adjust the look of the map (A Quality World Map) and should work with any mod that adds additional map markers.
- Facegen data generated for ship crew
- Dayspring Canyon now only an option if you have Dawnguard installed with Hearthfire carriages
- When using the Ships and going to either Dawnstar or Solitude, if you have a horse it will no longer appear right next to you and sometimes block your movement. In Dawnstar it'll be on the shore line near where you spawn, in Solitude it'll be at the top of the stairs when leaving the dock.
- The three Ship NPCs, Morg (Solitude), Dalan (Windhelm) and Guthrum (Dawnstar) will now prefer to sit down on a chair on their respective ships rather than wonder around, they may still wonder around but it will be much less likely.
- Added Icewater Jetty (near Northwatch Keep) to Ship transport but will only be available if Dawnguard is installed
- On ships once you select your destination you must now sit somewhere on the ship for travel to commence, this can be turned off in the MCM menu so travel happens as soon as you select a destination.
- Changed how the 'No weight limit' option works to try and make it compatible with other mods. (no guarantees this will work)
- Removed some debug notifications/messages that were left behind
- Added a 'Vanilla' only version that strips out all the Hearthfires support.
- Mod overhaul and update
- Added MCM options
- Customizable prices through MCM menu
- Updated to Heartfire version
- More carriages
- First update.
You must contact me and obtain my permission before re-packaging any part of this mod.
Thanks to Sp0rk ! He made the Overhaul !
Thanks to SkyUI Team !
Thanks to Baron Of Hell