Last updated at 13:02, 19 Nov 2016 Uploaded at 17:53, 23 Mar 2016
my Craftable Ammo allows you to craft and breakdown (almost) all ammo types on the new standalone workbench "Ammo Pressbench".
Ammo Pressbench comes with edited textures and meshes, and you can put it in any of your settlements like any other workbench.
There are seven tabs in the Pressbench menu: Ballistic Ammo, Ballistic Ammo Breakdown, Energy Ammo, Energy Ammo Breakdown, Explosives, Explosives Breakdown and Other.
All craftable and breakdown-able(?) ammo types are limited by perks (Gun Nut, Science and Demolition Expert, Blacksmith), whilst some ammunition is only available for crafting/breaking down if player has the crafting schematics for it or if player has finished certain quest:
- Cannonball: Player has to finish USS Constitution quest
- Mini Nuke, Railway Spike, Cryo Cell, Nuke Mine, Nuke Grenade: Player has to find crafting schematics (+perk restrictions)
- Vertibird Signal Grenade: Player has to finish "Show No Mercy"
Alien blaster ammo, Fusion Core and Flares are not craftable for lore and other reasons.
There are three versions of mod:
- 25x ammo rounds per crafted recipe (100 rounds for 5mm and Flamer fuel, 5 Mini Nukes) - Recommended version (most balanced)
- 50x ammo rounds per crafted recipe (200 rounds for 5mm and Flamer fuel, 10 Mini Nukes)
- 100x ammo rounds per crafted recipe (300 rounds for 5mm and Flamer fuel, 20 Mini Nukes)
Full list of craftable ammo types, crating components, breakdown components, requirements: click for google spreadsheet
There is also no perk (and other) restrictions version of the mod, which is the same like normal mod, but with no perk restrictions. Who guessed?
*Resource requirements and amounts of ammo you get are same as in perk restricted version.
This mod also allows player to breakdown the ammo. There are new misc. junk items added for each type of ammo (.308, Fusion Cell... etc.).
Amount of ammo required to craft the ammunition junk items is same as in the version you've installed (25x, 50x, 100x).
Example: (you've installed 50x Ammo version) 50x 10mm ammo = 1 10mm Breakdown Scrap.
When you craft Breakdown Scrap items, they'll appear under the junk tab in your pipboy and they are as any other junk.
Each ammo breakdown scrap item has different components, depending on what type of ammo is broken down.
Perk requirements for breaking down the ammo are rank 1 of the perks required to craft the ammo.
Breaking down Mini Nukes, Cryo Cells and Railway Spikes is also limited by finding their crafting schematics.
Notice: you don't have to find schematics if you're using No Restriction version, because there are no schematics in NPR version.
As much as the 50x and 100x versions are making game "easier", they also makes breaking down the ammo harder.
Because you need 50 or 100 ammo rounds to scrap it and you still get the same amount of scrap from the breakdown as the 25x version, so basically -
more ammo = less scrap. So that's another reason why 25x version is most balanced and recommended to use.
Go to files tab, choose the version of the mod you want to use (perk restriction/no perk restriction), download it with NMM, activate it and choose the option you want (25, 50, 100) in the fomod installer.
In Optional Files you will find Valdacil's Item Sorting patch. Install it only if you're using Valdacil's Item Sorting.
Updating the mod
Deactivate previous version, remove it from your mod list and follow Installation step.
Deactivate it in NMM and remove it from your mod list.
- initial release
- Added fomod installer
- Added Gun Nut 1 perk requirement for 5mm, 10mm and .38 ammo
- Added no restriction version (separate file with fomod)
- Moved all ammo recipes in newly added "AMMO" tab.
- 5mm and Flamer fuel - added few required resources (5mm only) and changed the amount of ammo you get per crafted recipe (100x, 200x, 300x)
- Added standalone ammo crafting workbench aka. Ammo Pressbench
- Changed the amount of Mini Nukes you get per crafted recipe
- Minor balance changes
- Changed the Pressbench mesh and added more stuff on it
- Added breakdown recipes for each craftable ammo type
- Added crafting schematics for Mini Nuke, Cryo Cell, Railway Spike
- Changed the required perks for crafting mini nuke (Nuclear Physicist 2 instead of Science perk)
- Minor balance changes
- Fixed ammo breakdown item components
- Added weight and value to breakdown items for each type of ammo
- Added Ammo Pressbench in few interiors (Prydwen, Goodneighbor, Railroad HQ)
- Added recipe for Vertibird Signal Grenade
- Minor balance change
- Fixes and balance changes
- Added recipe for Nuke Mine and Nuke Grenade with placed schematics
- Balanced ammo scrap components
- Minor bug fixes
- Far Harbor compatibility (new type of ammo)
- Potential rebalance changes
- Potential suggestions
*Feel free to give me some feedback on what do you think about the mod, what would you like to be added/changed, etc.
*If you find this mod useful at any point, please endorse it, it really means a lot.
*Thanks to everyone who already downloaded and endorsed the mod, Papa bless you.
*Thanks to Elianora for tutorial: (click here for video)
Tools used: FO4Edit, NifSkope, Photoshop, BAE, Material Editor, Outfit Studio
My other mods: