Last updated at 2:36, 5 May 2016 Uploaded at 15:08, 22 May 2015
Short time before release day I started to work on a tweaking tool.
Initially it was available for friends only, but why not for the community?
W3HC - Witcher 3 - Hunter's Config is a tool for configuring/tweaking Witcher 3. It only changes the values of 11 INI-files and the user.settings-file. So it's only a GUI that makes raw text more readable.
Optional: I add my SweetFX preset for slightly less saturation.
• Configure e.g hidden settings of Witcher 3
• Backup/Restore/Reset your config-files
• Install/Edit/Uninstall SweetFX
Just extract the downloaded ZIP archive and copy the files and folders directly into your The Witcher 3-installation folder
Now there are two versions of W3HC, you only need on of them:
• "Standalone" Application [.exe] - incl. JRE, i.e. No Java installation needed!
• Runnable Java file [.jar] - Requires Java 7 (or higher)
At following paths you will find your backup files:
• INI files: <Witcher 3 installation>\bin\config\base\Backup\
• User settings: C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\The Witcher 3\Backup\
• FRAPS and other overlay apps in combination with SweetFX could cause a crash!
• MSAA never will working for this time...
• Make sure the user.settings-file is NOT set to read-only
• Maybe you have to run W3HC*.exe as Administrator
• You have to run the game at least one time and quit it with the "normal menu way" before using W3HC!
- Hortophyll (Testing)
- CeeJay.dk (SweetFX)
- Crosire (ReShade)
- Splincir (Descriptions/ToolTips)
- 1teacherr1 (Descriptions/ToolTips)
This should only be a temporary solution, because CD Project is going to be release his own tweaking tool/integration,
but until then: Have fun with this one ;-)