Skyrim Special Edition

3002 comments

1. Chesko
    Chesko
    • supporter
    • 3,928 kudos
    Frostfall 3.3.1 is now available on PC on the Nexus!

The big changes in this release:

- Detailed out-of-the-box compatibility with all equipment in Immersive Armors SE!

- Fixed tons of bugs. Most of the bugs were related to clothing detection. I also fixed the issue where the game would crash to the desktop / Xbox Home screen when selecting Quit to Main Menu.

- Bound cloaks are available once again. This means that all classic Frostfall spells are now available.

- When equipping gear, you'll see the grade of its protection (poor, good, excellent, etc). This will help give some much-needed context to the numbers and help you compare equipment.

- The Inspect Equipment power was added. Using this power, you can configure the protection of nearly any kind of gear, including mod-added equipment. (If you change the position of your armor mods in your load order, you may lose your custom settings, if you've set any. You'll have to set it again in that case.)

- Added a few new tutorials regarding fire, shelter, and equipment protection, as a result of survey feedback.

- The Endurance skill now progresses 25% faster.

- Cloth cloaks now grant a bit more protection.

- Mod authors can now add their own default equipment protection using injected keywords. Just follow this tutorial.

For full patch notes, see this page.

Cheers,

- Chesko
    1. dizzyXcore
      dizzyXcore
      • premium
      • 9 kudos
      This should be a sticky, glad I surfed through the comments to read that Immersive Armors SE is compatible now with Frosftfall 3.3.1! I am bumping this post so others who come here wondering the same easily find it!
    2. Chesko
      Chesko
      • supporter
      • 3,928 kudos
      Great idea; done
  2. tricksonafixed
    tricksonafixed
    • premium
    • 0 kudos
    I installed this along with Campfire, and the necessary patches to get them to work and I stumbled upon an interesting bug. I have a little over a hundred mods installed and active with maybe a few hours into a new game at roughly 32 saves-- and after about two hours after I installed and activated Frostfall my Health Stats started to change,  and ended up at 12000+ HP. I loaded back to an earlier save right around the time when I installed this mod and it was normal-- damage input and output was normal, and I checked multiple times while playing in that save for about half an hour. I entered console command 'player.setav health <#>' and it would change it but I never was able to get it back to the normal early game values. I can't say for sure whether or not it was Frostfall that caused this issue but I tried everything to change it, and I have had no choice but to restart from an earlier save and uninstall this mod. I wasted a few hours and I don't want to risk it happening again-- but of course, I really wanted to have this mod installed for this play through (it's been several years and I have new hardware to mod Skrim with) anyone have any issues similar, or solutions potentially? What am I doing wrong, and/or missing from this equation? 
    1. ramenboi92
      ramenboi92
      • 0 kudos
      I had this issue too I dont know how to fix it and ive read a lot of comments saying the mod is hard to get to play nice so i just disabled it.
  3. chomppig
    chomppig
    • premium
    • 0 kudos
    I have the AE content. Would I need to remove my CC Survival Mode from the data folder for Frostfall to work? Or would simply clicking "No" when Survival mode prompts be good enough to run Frostfall without conflicts?
    1. ninetytwotil
      ninetytwotil
      • premium
      • 3 kudos
      Just clicking no is good enough
  4. Davir0n
    Davir0n
    • 4 kudos
    So uh... its 2024...
    Is this mod works with 1.6 versions?
    Is this mod still works alongside with CC's Survival feature?
    Or should i just move on :(
    1. DoktorNeun
      DoktorNeun
      • 1 kudos
      It will obviously not work with CC Survival Feature (I'll avoid a rant)
      As for if it works still? I am not sure in all honesty, and I hope someone comes to update this beautiful mod. I'd say keep an eye on this mod, someone could come around and revive it
    2. ninetytwotil
      ninetytwotil
      • premium
      • 3 kudos
      I'm on 1.6.640.0 AE
      Works (with the unofficial SSE update)
  5. IVANLEAL
    IVANLEAL
    • 0 kudos
    I solved it by reinstalling PapyrusUtil AE SE, but renaming it to PapyrusUtil AE SE Redundancy, so that the two ''PapyrusUtil AE SE'' were in the same modlist. The first one I left at the beginning of the modlist, where I leave the game's base mods and the second one I placed after Frostfall

1. ActiveNick
      ActiveNick
      • supporter
      • 0 kudos
      Good for you. That does not help for the Bethesda Mods version for PC, since that is a non-SKSE version without any dependencies other than Campfire. It turns out my equipment does have coverage and warmth values, but the "total" cumulative value that gets reported is always zero for both.
    2. deleted78565978
      deleted78565978
      • account closed
      • 0 kudos
      Thank you this worked for me!
    3. JoshMerrick
      JoshMerrick
      • 0 kudos
      Nice! I believe you can also solve this by deletig the papyrusutils dll in campfire so it doesnt override
    4. Survivalist1997
      Survivalist1997
      • 0 kudos
      OH YOU SMEXY MUTHA FUCKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

i have been trying to fix this for damn near a week!!!!

thank you so much, god this just means i have to learn to read..the...damn...posts. you are amazing thank you again MY SUFFERING HAS ENDED as for you JoshMerrick if you see this, i did that as well just in case by putting the DLL into a temp folder (i call my file jail) both of you a real gem 
    5. Kiland
      Kiland
      • premium
      • 0 kudos
      Cheers mate that worked!
  6. rotol
    rotol
    • premium
    • 37 kudos
    Check out my mod Rotols More Icons which adds icons for magic effects from this mod :)
  7. Felurianx
    Felurianx
    • 0 kudos
    I just... I give up.

Not sure what I was expecting with a mod this old.

I tried and I tried, two full days went to this, all the 'fixes' imaginable that are mentioned here throughout the forum and Reddit's suggestions also, but I cannot make this mod work properly.

What this mod needs is a major patch to work properly with the recent versions of Skyrim (and also compatibility with a handful of other mods).

It's a real shame this mod got abandoned. I'm holding out hope Chesko will come back to update it. If not, I hope someone else will make a new mod with features like frostfall. I'm going back to Frostbite as it seems to work properly (Sunhelm gave me problems), but it's just not punishing enough to really get that touch of realism.
    1. GeralcitoDeRivia
      GeralcitoDeRivia
      • 0 kudos
      Same bro, i really do everything but isn't working anymore, it's been 8 years this is dead, and it's a shame :(
  8. duendecat
    duendecat
    • premium
    • 0 kudos
    An absolute waste of time. The cold meter goes up far higher than it would in real life, and if you get even the slightest bit cold it prevents you from running or moving or attacking or any of the things you could very easily do in real life when cold. The total opposite of immersion.
  9. JaWaintor
    JaWaintor
    • 0 kudos
    How to deal with that?
    https://imgur.com/puTwhij
    1. Phillipe4590
      Phillipe4590
      • 0 kudos
      Have you already resolved this problem?
    2. JaWaintor
      JaWaintor
      • 0 kudos
      sadly, no
    3. MichaelMarxxMann
      MichaelMarxxMann
      • premium
      • 3 kudos
      Install the Campfire and Frostfall - Unofficial SSE Update that fixed it for me.
    4. JaWaintor
      JaWaintor
      • 0 kudos
      thats worked! thank you SO much!
    5. Felurianx
      Felurianx
      • 0 kudos
      I know it's late, but how on EARTH did you get Frostfall to work properly at all? It loads in game, but it doesn't record exposure or wetness etc. Basically all it shows is text notifications that it's getting cold etc, but I'm not being 'punished' for it, and the warmth coverage of all clothing is all broken, even though it shows it in the MCM.
  10. Ferayn
    Ferayn
    • supporter
    • 0 kudos
    So, I think I found a bug? This has happened to me three times now.
    Step 1: Place a campfire (don't light it or put any kindling/firewood, etc.)
    Step 2: Select "Place Cooking Pot"
    Step 3: Be confused as to where your Cooking Pot went.
    Step 4: Destroy the Campfire, hoping it will pop back into your inventory. (News flash, it doesn't.)
    1. CaptainPROTEUS
      CaptainPROTEUS
      • 0 kudos
      My condolences on the loss of your cooking pot
    2. Felurianx
      Felurianx
      • 0 kudos
      I know it's late, but bro I'm just shocked you got this mod to work properly at all.
  11. Henioo
    Henioo
    • supporter
    • 0 kudos
    Most armour has 0 cover and 0 warmth. I managed to find one that has 8 warmth. Manually setting the armour's warmth or cover does nothing.

Any idea how to fix it? Is it another mod conflicting, do I need to change load order?
    1. bleeqh
      bleeqh
      • 6 kudos
      Doubt its a conflict, more likely hasn't been patched properly or totally up to date.
      Lots of other people have had similar problems and talked about it here. I had a similar problem at first, but that was years ago sorry so I don't remember all the details.
    2. Henioo
      Henioo
      • supporter
      • 0 kudos
      That's a bummer.
    3. ActiveNick
      ActiveNick
      • supporter
      • 0 kudos
      I have the same issue. I'm using the latest version 3.4.1 from Bethesda mods and all equipment values for warmth and coverage are 0. And before anyone asks, I'm using this version from Bethesda mods because this is for my Steam Deck setup where I cannot use SkyUI and MCM since I'm playing with the built-in controller, not mouse & keyboard.

https://creations.bethesda.net/en/skyrim/details/6093/Frostfall__Hypothermia_Camping_Survival
    4. Switll
      Switll
      • supporter
      • 0 kudos
      +1