TheMagician16

Virus scan

Safe to use

Tags for this mod

45 comments

1. temporalpoporal
    temporalpoporal
    • 5 kudos
    Just looking into this mod and its quite interesting. I need it as mod author for providing actions for player to perform non-combat. But this could be applied to combat and used as quick follower command etc. Yet I did not find anything related to combat or crosshair refs in the docs or examples.

So here is feed for thought.

- As non-combat and combat mods are way different give player / mod author abilitity to define wheel that is only visible in combat.
    - There are also other type of states like on mount that could have its own wheel. Also there are adult mods etc that have state for having sex.
    - Just thinking that if you use bow. Basically most other combat context actions become vain.
    - If you implement this it would be nice if there could be some icons for combat, non-combat etc states.

I use "swiftly order squad" which as many other mods add their own wheel menu. Which eats keys. So it would be nice to have eveything under this.

-- I post the same message under the LE page --
  2. silentjoshua
    silentjoshua
    • supporter
    • 0 kudos

In response to post #79920978. #79929378, #80067258 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler:  
    Show

silentjoshua wrote: Hey there, any chance of getting the source script? I'd like to use this plugin, but since I smashed my mods the ID's don't match up with your script. I would be very grateful.

silentjoshua wrote: Actually nevermind. I recreated this plugin from the original skyrim mod so there's no issue even if formID's are compacted. Also without the light master issue.

The problems I was having were having to reassign the CHHorse_Whistle and CHHorse_Call commands every time I loaded a new game.

It was a good learning experience for me.

GeraltofRivia14 wrote: hello, I'm new to mod-editing using SSEdit, would you mind to explain how you managed to make these two mods; Convenient horse (Whistle & Horse Call) and EasyWheel work together? I'm having the similar problem when using this patch; had to reassign everytime I loaded a new game

please reply i beg you

Honestly I'm amazed that what I did ended up working, so I'm not sure how to explain it =) I sent you a PM.
    1. Nice PM... but what is with all the other Players with this Issue (me) :)
  3. beewyka819
    beewyka819
    • premium
    • 1 kudos
    I'm fairly confident that even though the plugin is FLAGGED as an ESL, the file extension should still be .esp, else they cannot be moved around the load order. Only mods that should EVER have the .esl extension are CC mods (I initially learned this from the Lexy LOTD and Northern Experience people, and other guides I've looked at before also instruct you to rename any .esl extensions to .esp if encountered). From what I can tell, using the .esl extension here doesn't actually do anything more than an ESL flagged .esp. The only thing it achieves is breaking load orders.
  4. GeraltofRivia14
    GeraltofRivia14
    • 0 kudos
    For those who are experiencing the Horse Call or Whistle are not functioning when loading saved game/exit then load game etc., here's what you need to do:
    1. Change the file manually from .esl to .esp (if using Vortex, simply right click on the mod and click "Open in File Manager", the .esl file will be there
    2. Go to plugins (if Vortex), then change manually the .esp type from 'light' to "marked as not light".

Boom, works like a charm
    1. cox2enzyme
      cox2enzyme
      • premium
      • 2 kudos
      Is this is safe to do mid-game? I don't want to screw up my save.
  5. omniquad
    omniquad
    • 2 kudos
    Hey, not sure why but the Horse Call and Whistle doesn't seem to work any more and I haven't changed anything or updated any other mod thatcould possible affect it (I think). Any help
    1. TheMagician16
      TheMagician16
      • supporter
      • 34 kudos
      I need more details to go on than that..
      Your mods, configuration, when, where and so on.

Provide as many details as possible and then I might be able to help =)
    2. omniquad
      omniquad
      • 2 kudos
      Well the only horse mod I use is Convenient Horse, Your Easy Wheel with the MCM addon, The list of addons is way to long to post here since I've merged quite a few (not related to horses in any way - mostly weapons, armors, etc.) I use Nether's Follower Framework with it's Horse option disabled as per rec.
    3. TheMagician16
      TheMagician16
      • supporter
      • 34 kudos
      The only times I've seen horse whistle and call don't work is because of change in the plugin where those spells come from.

For example, if your Convenient Horses has different FormID than standard, my mod wont work. This can happen if you've turned the Conveninent Horses mod into an .esl or compacted its formID's.
    4. omniquad
      omniquad
      • 2 kudos
      Well, the convenient horses patch is not an ESL, but the MCM addon is. Could that be the problem?
    5. TheMagician16
      TheMagician16
      • supporter
      • 34 kudos
      Im not sure i follow.

My mod is an .esl

My mod requires that the Convient Horses main mod FormID's are default and not changed.

Did you .eslify the Convenient Horses mod or any mod that is relevant to my mod?
      Do you have SKSE64?

Also, you need to actually havr the powers from CH in your powers list for my mods functions to work.
    6. omniquad
      omniquad
      • 2 kudos
      I use CH out of the box. no changes. I do have SKSE, and activating the powers normally produces the required effect, just not through the wheel
    7. TheMagician16
      TheMagician16
      • supporter
      • 34 kudos
      Try rearranging the whistle/call in the wheel from the MCM.

Also, is it correct that the whistle and call from the wheel suddenly stopped working, when it worked before?
    8. omniquad
      omniquad
      • 2 kudos
      I'll try the shuffle, but yes. it used to work fine

Edit: As soon as I opened the MCM I noticed that the two powers in question suddenly had $ in front of them. I've now reinstalled the CH Wheel MCM to see if that fixes it.

Yup. That fixed it.
    9. TheMagician16
      TheMagician16
      • supporter
      • 34 kudos
      So now the mod works?

That probably means either the script or the plugin was missing
    10. EliasT
      EliasT
      • supporter
      • 0 kudos
      Yo, just started a fresh playthrough and noticed this issue too. To fix it, one has to go to the MCM, go into Configuration, go out, and it works. However, this isn't specific to your patch; Wearable Lanterns patch for example has the same issue, as does NFF. Guess the base mod just isn't that great at handling addon patches or something.
    11. F0xyshor
      F0xyshor
      • 0 kudos
      I can confirm that this problem still persist even now.
  6. silentjoshua
    silentjoshua
    • supporter
    • 0 kudos
    Hey there, any chance of getting the source script? I'd like to use this plugin, but since I smashed my mods the ID's don't match up with your script. I would be very grateful.
    1. silentjoshua
      silentjoshua
      • supporter
      • 0 kudos
      Actually nevermind. I recreated this plugin from the original skyrim mod so there's no issue even if formID's are compacted. Also without the light master issue.

The problems I was having were having to reassign the CHHorse_Whistle and CHHorse_Call commands every time I loaded a new game.

It was a good learning experience for me.
    2. GeraltofRivia14
      GeraltofRivia14
      • 0 kudos
      hello, I'm new to mod-editing using SSEdit, would you mind to explain how you managed to make these two mods; Convenient horse (Whistle & Horse Call) and EasyWheel work together? I'm having the similar problem when using this patch; had to reassign everytime I loaded a new game
    3. GeraltofRivia14
      GeraltofRivia14
      • 0 kudos
      please reply i beg you
  7. Gota115
    Gota115
    • premium
    • 12 kudos
    So I'm having a problem with a few of these easy wheel menu addons. For some reason I need to open the MCM in order to make it work after every time I reload a game. If I die, gotta open the MCM, if I load up a save, gotta open the MCM, any ideas on what's causing this?
    1. TangentSky
      TangentSky
      • 0 kudos
      same here, the ones bundled in the easywheel mod works as normal, the plugin ones like wintersun one always lose track
    2. Tosho741
      Tosho741
      • 4 kudos
      I’m getting the same issue. After Loading up a new save, it won’t work unless you change its position in the mcm. Could you please look into this?
  8. Selfishmonkey
    Selfishmonkey
    • premium
    • 15 kudos
    Any chance of getting an esp? I can't add and ESL to an existing load order without borking things up.
    1. TheMagician16
      TheMagician16
      • supporter
      • 34 kudos
      No chance of ESP.
    2. Carboniac
      Carboniac
      • premium
      • 104 kudos
      Any reason why you made it an esl file instead of an esp file flagged as esl?
      Patches and small mods generally shouldn't be made into actual esl files, as these can't be arranged in your load order, but have to load right after master files. An esp file flagged as esl can be loaded anywhere in your load order, but still behaves as esl and doesn't count towards your plugin limit. All the other EasyWheel addons I have downloaded here have also been created as esp flagged as esl files.
    3. ropya
      ropya
      • 46 kudos
      Just change the file type from .esl to .esp.
      It then functions as a ESPFE.
  9. Eman17j
    Eman17j
    • 9 kudos
    Do you think this would work for Oldrim Convenient Horses in SkyrimSE?
    1. TheMagician16
      TheMagician16
      • supporter
      • 34 kudos
      It should but in thar case I recommend you rather just port the same patch as this one which existed for Oldrim instead of using this one as the FormIDs of Convenient Horses might have changed across the Oldrim/ SE versions. From what I saw though earlier, it should work automatically but dont take my word for it.
    2. Eman17j
      Eman17j
      • 9 kudos
      I am actually using the Oldrim version of Convenient Horses just converted it myself so the formIDs should be the same at it was in Oldrim too. Odd though I never saw this mod in Oldrim but anyways I will give it a shot and see what happens.
  10. xxPEPE666xx
    xxPEPE666xx
    • premium
    • 33 kudos
    Thx very much for that, I just updated my mod page to send people your way :D
    1. TheMagician16
      TheMagician16
      • supporter
      • 34 kudos
      Thank you - also for porting the original mod :)