LazyGirl

Virus scan

Safe to use

76 comments

1. LazyGirl
    LazyGirl
    • premium
    • 436 kudos
    The hotkey functionality requires SkyUILib or the popup won't show. You may already have it if you're using converted Oldrim mods since many have it bundled.
  2. Deejus
    Deejus
    • premium
    • 4 kudos
    I really love this  mod, and the quality of life it offers!

For my purposes it will allow me to make my enchanting gear more uniform which I am stoked about.

I do have one question, is there a way to change the name of an item in your inventory or in a chest, or would need to drop it first in order to change the name of it?

Thanks!
  3. Tythemis
    Tythemis
    • premium
    • 5 kudos
    Since its a test version, about the VR version, I seem to be getting the regular version or something, the hotkey is automatically escape, but the more pressing issue is that its not activating VR keyboard when i press any of my buttons when the selector is on the name.  I'm not an exprienced modder but on VR keyboards page, it says:
    For Modders:
    To open the keyboard, use the Papyrus code:
    > string text = VRKeyboard.GetKeyboardInput()

Is that there? because the mod works in about every way but it doesn't trigger the keyboard for me.  Good luck with modding, your work rocks.
    1. LazyGirl
      LazyGirl
      • premium
      • 436 kudos
      Yes it should be there but there might be something more I missed. Since I don't have a headset to test with it's a very much blind change. The source files are included in the release if you want to try poking around and see if you can get it working.
    2. DualDaggers
      DualDaggers
      • 0 kudos
      Hi I had a question I was hoping you might be able to help me with. This is unrelated to Skyrim updates.

My question is, I somehow caused the renamer to automatically change the name of black soul gems whenever I capture enemy souls in them. I was in the process of renaming the black soul gems of the vampires in volkihar and I must have did something to cause the game to change the name from "Black Soul Gem Filled" to "Black Soul Gem Hestla". Any idea how I can change the name back to default without me having to rename every single black soul gem I capture?
  4. DualDaggers
    DualDaggers
    • 0 kudos
    This works awesome, thank you. I just got into modding skyrim and unfortunately they updated the game out of the blue. I just picked up skyrim again since the PS3 era so now I'm running it offline until everything is updated. Thank you for the mod.
  5. sterlingkerman117
    sterlingkerman117
    • premium
    • 0 kudos
    Everything in terms of persistent naming of weapons seems to be working great, but I am having an issue with weapon plaques. For some reason, any weapon I name using this mod will not align correctly on weapon plaques (as in they are way off center, towards the right).

I've tested spawning in weapons, placing them on the plaques (seeing they are fine), and then taking them off and renaming them, and then placing them on the plaques again. Freshly spawned in weapons will place correctly, directly in the center. As soon as I give the weapon a name, however, it will place off center.

It's happening to every type of vanilla weapon (I haven't really tested with modded weapons), both one handed and two handed weapons.
  6. Rock136
    Rock136
    • 2 kudos
    Works so far without issue for me on AE 1.6.659.
    I've given names to gear pieces. Change is persistent; enchanting, tempering - all good.
    I think maybe if there are problems with renaming that means you are renaming things that are not designed to be renamed in any way in the first place. That is, Skyrim itself can't handle it.
    Great mod.
  7. Captainradish
    Captainradish
    • premium
    • 13 kudos
    I'm having an issue where capital letters don't seem to actually apply correctly. I just named my horse Sweetroll but it comes up in game as sweetRoll. It's not a *terribly* big deal but I would love to correct it.
  8. BlazeStryker
    BlazeStryker
    • premium
    • 45 kudos
    does SkyUILib even work in AE? I can just see madly laughing game deviants of the Bathysphere trying to hunt it down.
    1. nintai83
      nintai83
      • supporter
      • 57 kudos
      There are no .DLL files so that mod should be just fine with the latest version of SSE. Most copies of SSE that are heavily modded already the SkyUILib installed. You can confirm the script and the interface files are in your game:

Scripts\UILIB_1.pex
      Interface\exported\uilib\UILIB_1_notificationarea.swf
      Interface\uilib\buttonArt.swf
      Interface\uilib\UILIB_1_ListMenu.swf
      Interface\uilib\UILIB_1_TextInputMenu.swf

I was surprised to see I have them installed when I checked and confirmed their location and function.
  9. paiser
    paiser
    • 0 kudos
    Doesn't working, NPC's revert back to their default name after quiting the desktop and restarting the game. Also My dream of playing skyrim AE with rename feature without the deadly blank name bug has once more crushed. 
  10. MiyaEevee
    MiyaEevee
    • 0 kudos
    Hello, is it possible for even bigger naming storage? I want to make my equipment with my name plus enchanted name on it, 512 is a lot but with my naming methods it seems a little bit limited.
    Thanks a lot :)
    1. LazyGirl
      LazyGirl
      • premium
      • 436 kudos
      Yes but ideally an expansion should scrap the current per-save-only system entirely and use external files instead making it possible to export and import renaming data. Would also make it possible to use the renaming information externally in other programs.
  11. TenkatsuQ
    TenkatsuQ
    • 0 kudos
    Can you advise me? If I install this mod, and rename a Potion created by my character, will all subsequent potions of the same type but with different properties (over time, the character improves his alchemy skills, and potions with the same name have stronger stats) will also be renamed? Or will I have to manually rename each new potion? For some reason, I just have suspicions that these potions are something unstable, and therefore the translation may fail, but I would like to know for sure. At the moment, I simply translated "Skyrim.esm" itself with the help of xTranslator and found there only a prefix to my own potions "Potion -" and "Poison -" replacing them with options without hyphens. But the rest of the names of potions and poisons, generated and substituted by the game after the prefix, remained vanilla. I intalled the mod to use potions over time, and the properties of all potions became acceptable, the names of ordinary potions I translated in the style of "Potion of Health Restoration III" where "III" I based on the strength of these potions. And I would like to make sure that crafted potions are also named like my translated ones.
    1. CaffeineGremlin
      CaffeineGremlin
      • 0 kudos
      damn bro that's craaaazy