Last updated at 12:37, 19 Oct 2014 Uploaded at 14:49, 6 Apr 2007
****"Let the People Drink!"****
Date: 19-Oct 2014
Category: Quest/Landscape/New Meshes/New Textures
Recommended: Wrye Bash and BAIN. TES Mod Manager (formerly named Oblivion Mod Manager), OBMM How To & Oblivion Mod FAQ and OMOD Creation.
Authors: Khornate and Qazaaq
German Translation: Scharesoft.de (2.6), Ei der Zeit (2.5)
Russian Translation: AnvilBay
Note: This is only part of the readme, bits and pieces are left out. See the ReadMe for install instruction etc.
"Let the People Drink" breathes life into the very dry Imperial City, it adds multitude of fountains as well as a Great Aqueduct running from Charcoal Cave to the city. This Aqueduct was built by none other than Tiber Septim himself. Discover what Bethesda's Imperial City should have been like; take a drink from the fountains and enjoy the view from the aqueducts, this mod is for you!
As well as including a great aqueduct worthy of the mighty Imperial City, this mod also adds fountains to the Arboretum, Green Emperor Way, Temple, Talos and Arena districts. These fountains do not simply use existing oblivion waterfall meshes, but custom, specifically water meshes. It also adds a quest with FULL VOICE ACTING and a secret treasure which only those witty enough will find.
In total, this mod adds over 30 new and customised meshes and textures. A lot of work has went into this mod and each model has been given the same amount of attention and been finalised to a point which Qazaaq and I thought was perfect.
Starting the mod
There's a quest that needs to be done to unblock the aqueduct and activate the fountains in the Imperial City. You can start the quest by talking to the water worker who resides near the Charcoal Cave waterfalls (at the start of the aqueduct), or by reading one of the poster in the Imperial City. You can find the posters in various districts, next to the district gates like the Gray Fox posters.
Feel free to send me or Qazaaq an email here if you have any questions and/or
issues (replace % with gmail.com):
You can also contact either me or my partners on the Elder Scrolls Forums,
our user names are as follows:
- Khornate (Me)
--The Core Team:
- Khornate (Me)
--The Rest of the Team:
- Zanos - Ideas, Dialogue writing and Book Writing
- Arbiter of Change - Voice Acting
--Special Thanks to:
- Earendur Surion for the initial idea and supporting our progress.
- Ghogiel for helping Qazaaq with some object collision issues.
- Hypno for some CS help.
- ElminsterEU for his awesome tool TES4Edit and for his help with analyzing the pathgrid and landscape conflicts with Glenvar Castle.
- how? for pointing out the errors in the aqueduct book.
- Ismelda Lasombra and Vorians (aka Display name is already in use) for their help with solving the compatibility issues with Better Cities.
- Bethesda for creating Oblivion.
- TESNexus.net for its resources for authors and players.
- lhammonds for the Readme Generator this file was based on.
- The Nifskope team for making alot of this possible.
- The authors of various tutorials on the CS Wiki that were read during the creation of this mod.
- TeamGecko for creating such an amazing tool.
(Forgive me if I forgot someone or something)
You must contact myself or Qazaaq and obtain permission from either of us before re-packaging any part of this mod. If neither of us respond within 4 weeks, feel free to do whatever you like with this mod.