View as plain text

Name: Quartermaster sells Unlimited Ammo
Version beta
Date: 2019-02-09
File under: Hit me with your Sureshot.
Author: theskymoves

=================

What and why:

Had a request to make Sureshot Bolts always available from a merchant and early in the game... got carried away and made this instead.

I opted to use the Circle Tower quartermaster as The Merchant, since he doesn't become inaccessible and his stock already contains projectile ammo. (There's another version that uses the Spoiled Princess innkeeper, for folks who don't want to enter Kinloch Hold for some reason. That version is silly, though.)

There are four (count em! 4!!!!!) different options. INSTALL ONLY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING!!!!

'tsm_qm_sureshot' adds an unlimited quantity of Sureshot Bolts to the Quartermaster's stock, but does not alter anything else.

'tsm_qm_bolts' adds unlimited stock of Sureshot, Knockback, and Ice bolts, and makes his original limited offerings of Explosive and Fire bolts unlimited as well.

'tsm_qm_arrows' adds unlimited stock of Ice, Elf-Flight, Arrow of Filth, and Andraste's arrows, and makes his original limited offering of Fire arrows unlimited as well. It does not edit or add any bolts, though.

'tsm_qm_ammo' adds unlimited stock of all base game bolts and arrows.

And again, only one option should be installed.

=================

Notes & stuff:

Yep. It's a cheat mod. Is anyone making you use it?

Will be incompatible with anything else that directly edits 'cir200sr_quartermaster.utm', but should be compatible with any mod that makes scripted edits to his inventory.

Both the Quartermaster and the Innkeeper versions can be used at the same time.

Goes in the manual override folder, and should be installed before entering the relevant area. (It might work if Lake Calenhad Docks has been entered, but it definitely won't work if the circle Tower has been accessed.

As it is inevitable that the question of why I did not 'properly' add the items to the vendor's stock, via a script, will be raised, permit me to preemptively address that issue: I no longer have the Dragon Age toolset installed.

The 'all ammo' version was tested ever so briefly in game; I did not test the other files. Therefore this should be regarded as a 'beta' release.

=================

Version History:
2018-09-14 - Alpha release
2019-02-09 - Beta (adds in the Andraste's Arrows that should have been in the first version but weren't. Don't know what happened but it should be fixed now.)

=================

kinlochhold.tumblr.com

=================
Credits:

Bioware, for creating Dragon Age: Origins
InsanitySorrow, for the ReadMe Generator, on which this file is based.

=================

Tools Used:

pyGff
TlkEdit2
Dragon Age ReadMe Generator

=================

Permissions:

Please do not re-host this file without my explicit permission.