Last updated at 23:29, 20 Aug 2014 Uploaded at 1:24, 4 Jul 2014
If you're any good at creating SKSE plugins, please contact me. While PapyrusUtil is still available, at a site I cannot name, I would very much like to integrate the free cam functions into the mod itself, rather than depending on another requirement. I have tried to create an SKSE plugin myself, to no avail. Multiple times. Kudos to those of you who have the skill to make them, because I surely do not.
Review of Version 3.0 by dwellufool
PapyrusUtil 2.6+ (an SKSE plugin)
Since PapyrusUtil has currently been set to hidden by the author, you should know that you may play SHOT without PapyrusUtil, but the free cam functions will not work. However, all of the many other functions will still be available.
Screenshot Hotkeys (A.K.A. SHOT) is a mod designed to make taking good quality screenshots easier and faster. Through an MCM, courtesy of SkyUI, it allows you to assign hotkeys to many useful functions, pick and choose which functions you want, and configure these functions. Once you’re done setting everything up (which only takes a minute or two), you can prepare and take a beautiful screenshot in no time.
A full list of Screenshot Hotkeys features:
- A toggle HUD hotkey
- A set weather hotkey
- 7 possible weathers to set
- A set time hotkey
- Customizable time to set
- A free cam hotkey
- Customizable free cam speed
- Customizable free cam freezability
- Ability to disable/enable individual hotkeys
- Ability to keymap each hotkey
- A Mod Configuration Menu
Some pictures taken using Screenshot Hotkeys.
Taken using free cam (with freeze), set time, set weather, and toggle HUD.
Taken using free cam (with freeze), toggle HUD, and set weather.
Taken using free cam (with freeze), and toggle HUD.
Mod Manager Installation
1. Download Screenshot Hotkeys with your manager.
2. Double click Screenshot Hotkeys in your manager.
3. Play and enjoy.
1. Download Screenshot Hotkeys manually.
2. Extract the .zip archive to your Skyrim/Data folder.
3. Check the box next to SHOT.esp under Data Files in the Skyrim Launcher.
Mod Manager Uninstallation
1. Double click Screenshot Hotkeys in your mod manager.
2. Play without the joy of SHOT.
1. Delete all the files associated with SHOT:
- SHOT.esp (under Skyrim/Data)
- SHOTControlScript.pex (under Skyrim/Data/Scripts)
- SHOTControlScript.psc (under Skyrim/Data/Scripts/Source)
- SHOTReadMe.txt (under Skyrim/Data - optional to delete)
2. Play without the beauty of Screenshot Hotkeys...
Q: I have two MCMs for Screenshot Hotkeys?
A: Refer to the bright red text at the top of this page. If you ignored it, this is likely why you have duplicate MCMs. You may have also ignored the warning when you installed Screenshot Hotkeys. If that's the case, then uninstall the current version, uninstall the prior version of Screenshot Hotkeys (older than 3.0), and then reinstall the newest version.
Q: PapyrusUtil is hidden. What do I do?
A: PapyrusUtil can no longer be downloaded on the Nexus, possibly because the original author was banned, but I'm not sure, so don't take my word on that. I tried to create an SKSE plugin to remove the requirement, but I wasn't able to do it and managed to mess up my computer a bit too. If you're any good at SKSE plugins, contact me if you're interested in helping. But until then, unless you managed to download PapyrusUtil before or at a site I cannot name, then you cannot use any of the free cam functions. However, all of the other features can be used.
Q: The free cam sends me out in space... [And other free cam issues]
Sadly, I don’t think this is an issue I can resolve. When using the free cam console command in vanilla Skyrim, I’ve encountered the same issue, so I think it’s something to do with the game itself and not an issue I can fix. But, I will look into it.
Now that version 3.1 is out, I've achieved most of the goals I started out with for this mod. Still, I intend to add more features. For now, this is a list of my priorities:
- Add TCL command.
- Separate the TFC functions between non-Freeze and Freeze - two different hotkeys.
- Look into a zoom function.
- Take suggestions from you guys
- Stamp out any bugs I find, if possible
- Work on my WIP mod
- If I can find someone who can help, then remove the PapyrusUtil requirement.
My Other Mods
Thanks to IsharaMeradin for help with figuring out some scripting.
Thanks to Mofakin for the Hotkey Mod, which inspired me to make this mod.
Thanks to meh123 for making PapyrusUtil.