Last updated at 5:31, 7 Aug 2016 Uploaded at 20:44, 28 May 2014
- Modify how the bolt quiver equips so that it remains attached to the body rather than suspended in mid-air.
- Rename the bolts so that they will be grouped together in the inventory.
- Provide colored feathering to differentiate the various bolt types.
- Provide in-game selection of quiver body slot for maximum compatibility.
- Provide separate configuration for player and followers.
Explosive Bolts Visualized by MadCat221
This mod is highly recommended. While I provide a basic recolor MadCat221 has done a wonderful job in making each bolt truly unique. If planning to use Explosive Visualized Bolts please see the articles available above or read the info files found within the patch downloads to ensure proper compatibility.
Please see the Installation Information.txt file located in each download package for specific instructions. Identical information will be provided in the "Readme" tab above.
Uninstalling and continuing your game is not supported.
To remove simply delete the files you added or uninstall with your mod manager.
HOW IT WORKS
The original bolt quiver has had its position in relation to the body adjusted so that it "appears" inside the actor body. This keeps the bolt 3D available for the 1st person loading and firing animations. A new armor version of the bolt quiver is scripted to equip/unequip as bolts are equipped/unequipped. UDGP fixes for the AMMO forms have also been included.
MCM MENU AND CONSOLE COMMANDS
With the MCM:
- You are able to choose which body slot you wish to have the visual quiver take up for the player or the follower
- You are able to choose which position you wish to have the visual quiver take up for the player or the follower
- you are able to choose when the quiver unequips, with ammo or with crossbow.
I do not support or recommend using the console. Use of the console is at your own risk.
- set abimBQ_BoltSlot to XX <==> XX is the bolt slot number you wish to use. Valid options: 44,45,46,47,48,49,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,60
- set abimBQ_Position to Y <==> Y is your choice of position. Valid options: 0 = Back, 1 = Left Hip
- set abimBQ_UnequipQuiverStyle to Z <==> Z is your choice of method. Valid options: 0 = with ammo, 1 = with crossbow
- set abimBQ_FBoltSlot to XX <==> XX is the bolt slot number you wish to use. Valid options: 44,45,46,47,48,49,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,60
- set abimBQ_FPosition to Y <==> Y is your choice of position. Valid options: 0 = Back, 1 = Left Hip
- StopQuest abimBQ_BoltQuiverEquipQuest
- StartQuest abimBQ_BoltQuiverEquipQuest
This mod works properly with only two skeletons:
- The one in this mod
- XPMSE 3.0+
- Not compatible with any mod that changes the bolt meshes or skeleton meshes
- Any custom bolts that use their own meshes and textures will function alongside this mod and not be affected by this mod in any way.
- Texture replacers will work for the non-explosive steel and dwarven bolts
- Closer Quivers and Longer Arrows may be used provided the bolt options are not.
- Arrow Bolts & Tweaks: any changes that affect the AMMO forms will need to be edited. See the information on the ABT page in regards to Explosive Bolts Visualized.
- Mods that add or increase followers: these may or may not work. For them to work the follower(s) need to be in either the CurrentHirelingFaction or CurrentFollowerFaction. Up to 25 followers can be handled.
- Positioning of the visual quivers were done to fit with the Dawnguard Light Armor. Males were wearing stock. Females were wearing Exeter's UNP version. Spacing will vary with other body types or armors.
- XPMSE 3.0+ has a style option for the bolt quivers that supports this mod. If the default style option does not work for you, try the one provided by XPMSE 3.0+
- Sometimes when quickloading or loading due to death the visible quiver may not always be in the correct spot. Usually only the animation bolt is correct with the rest somewhere else.
- Sometimes when switching from one bolt type to another, the hidden quiver pokes out the character.
- Both of the above issues are related to how the game engine attaches the quivers to the skeleton. If a lot of processing is going on, it can do it incorrectly. First unequip the crossbow and re-equip. If that does not work, re-enter the MCM menu and exit the menu.
Unfortunately due to the nature of this mod, making custom bolts from other mods compatible requires editing the NIF files. I will, therefore, only consider doing such requests provided the original mod author of the custom bolt(s) will allow it.
If you would like to translate the mod into your language, feel free. If you do, please share the translation file with me and I will gladly update the mod to include it. The only text string not within the translation file is the mod name. I humbly request that the mod name not be translated.
- Bethesda for both Skyrim and the Creation Kit
- All assets in the base mod are created by me or are modified Bethesda assets
- Aesthetic Bolt Quiver Fix by Inkeri -- used the meshes as a guide to making my own edits
- XP32 Maximum Skeleton by XP32 -- used the skeleton meshes as a guide to making my own edits for the left hip quivers node
This mod is "open source". You may learn from it. You may adapt it for your own personal game. For all other modifications please ask permission.
The 90 day and 2 week clause:
-- If you have asked for permission and have not heard back after two weeks have passed AND my last Nexus forum access was greater than 90 days, permission is granted.
PERMISSIONS AND CREDITS REGARDING PATCHES, TRANSLATIONS AND OTHER DERIVATIVES
Specific permissions and credits are outlined for each within the info file accompanied with the download. Please respect the permission statements of the originating mods when seeking to work with any of their assets.
URLS with brief description are listed here:
Explosive Bolts Visualized by MadCat221 -- allowed modification of meshes for compatibility
Faction Crossbow by Deserter X, uploaded by nsk13 -- Texture sets were linked to for the armor variant of the quiver provided by the patch file: ABQ_FC_Patch.esp