Last updated at 14:43, 7 Oct 2014 Uploaded at 23:07, 25 Jan 2014
Welcome to the third installment of my city overhaul series. Like my other overhauls, Dawn of Riften doesn't simply add trees and clutter. Rather, it revamps the feel of the city into something far more living and lore-friendly. Everything that you see in this mod is meticulously hand-placed for the best visuals and functionality.
Videos by Brodual, Hodilton, and misalen respectively.
- Purchase goods from the two new merchants
- Almost no buildings are untouched for a truly immersive feel
- Rats scurry around all parts of the city (watch your toes!)
- Hanging rags, twisting stairs, and a "glorified" ratway entrance await you in the canals
- Brand-Shei sells Morrowind goods (and his stall shows it)
- Lore-friendly letters throughout the city (including an Oblivion easter egg!)
- Actually use a smelter
- New models and textures throughout the city
- And so much more! The pictures don't even do it justice!
Mod has been cleaned with TES5Edit.
Lastly, the entire mod is script-free meaning that you can try it out risk-free, as the lack of scripts makes uninstalling much safer.
Q: Are there any requirements? What happened to the no DLC version?
A: Dragonborn DLC is required. At this time, I do not have the time to support two versions of the mod, as such only the DLC version will be available in the near future. The original non DLC version will remain available as a download until I can update it.
Q: What are the differences between the versions?
A: The DLC version uses assets from Dragonborn around Brand-Shei's stand, and allows him to sell Solstheim items. It also has some minor Dragonborn clutter in other parts of the city. The non-DLC version uses alternative decorations.
A: If you would like to make a translation, please contact me for permission. Current translations are linked by the country flags on the top of the page.
- Nernie's City & Thief Packs
- Mods that change interior Honeyside
- Knotted Nook
- Sexy Riften
- Better Riften
- Fine Goods from Morrowind, Morrowind Imports, & similar (already included in this mod)
- Riften Thief Edition
- Long Lost Smelters of Skyrim
A hundred thank yous to...
Nernie, for her rags and signs
InsanitySorrow, for his lanterns and washing stuffs
Stroti and Tamira, for their treebench resource
Nikh/Akis for letting me use his stair design from Better Riften
Hissssa for the models and textures for the rats
This mod would not be possible without your support. :D