Last updated at 1:08, 23 Aug 2014 Uploaded at 1:30, 22 Jun 2013
If you look around on the Nexus, you will find an incredible amount of mods that make changes to Whiterun because, let's be honest, vanilla Whiterun is somewhat lacking. After trying out a number of those other mods, I decided that none of them offered exactly what I wanted. And so this project was born.
Everything that you see in this mod is meticulously hand-placed for the best visuals, functionality, and performance. I designed Whiterun to have the smallest fps impact possible without compromising quality so that more people can enjoy what I have built.
Videos by Brodual and Hodilton respectively.
Dawn of Whiterun is 100% lore-friendly and focuses on making Whiterun the trading capitol of Skyrim that it was meant to be. Plus, it uses DLC resources to pull everything together, and is one of the very first city overhaul mods to pull from the DLCs.
Lastly, the entire mod is script-free meaning that you can try it out risk-free, as the lack of scripts makes uninstalling much safer.
Awesome time lapse by Ozin370.
- 6 new merchants and vendor stalls
- Updated market square
- New livestock
- East Empire Company headquarters and representative
- A TON of immersive clutter
- Whiterun gate details
- Jorrvaskr exterior details
- Bannered Mare patio area
- Shrine of Ysgramor in Wind District
- Details around the Shrine of Talos, Gildergreen, and Dragonsreach
Q: Are there any requirements?
A: This mod requires BOTH Dragonborn and Hearthfire DLCs as well as the Update master that came with your legal copy of Skyrim. No, a non-DLC version will not be made. See my comments post if you have question about this.
Q: Is this mod compatible with the Civil War (specifically Battle for Whiterun)?
A: YES! I was very careful not to make changes to the Civil War aside from removing a few pieces of rubble.
A: If you would like to make a translation, please contact me for permission. Current translations are linked by the country flags on the top of the page.
- Mods that change exterior Whiterun (ie Nernie's and the Outskirts Market)
- Drinking Fountains of Skyrim
- Breezehome Fully Upgradeable
- Immersive Settlements Whiterun (aside from a few very small glitches).
- RLO Major Cities (though it is highly recommended that you disable the RLO objects).
- Trainers Guild for Aspiring Mages and Thieves
- Beautiful Whiterun (a few places overlap and it may cause lag depending on your computer)
- Sexy Whiterun
- Towns and Villages Enhanced (a few clipping issues- might want to clean up in CK)
- Pines of Whiterun
- Perfect Whiterun (might experience minor clipping)
- Whiterun Expansion - Alternative Entrance
- SkyFix - Tidier Warmaidens Workshop HD (load after Dawn of Whiterun)
- SMIM (load after Dawn of Whiterun)
- Mods not listed above that change the city of Whiterun (with the exception of texture mods). I left the interior and exterior of Breezehome untouched, so there should be higher compatibility with Breezehome mods.
- Open Cities
- Better Cities Whiterun
Thank you to everyone who has endorsed and given feedback!
Thanks to Oaristys and Tony67 for their Modders Resource Pack