- img 3 loading...
- img 4 loading...
- img 5 loading...
- img 6 loading...
- img 7 loading...
- img 8 loading...
- img 9 loading...
- img 10 loading...
- img 11 loading...
- img 12 loading...
- img 13 loading...
- img 14 loading...
- img 15 loading...
- img 16 loading...
- img 17 loading...
- img 18 loading...
- img 19 loading...
- img 20 loading...
- img 21 loading...
- img 22 loading...
- img 23 loading...
- img 24 loading...
- img 25 loading...
- img 26 loading...
- img 27 loading...
- img 28 loading...
- img 29 loading...
- img 30 loading...
Last updated at 8:52, 31 Aug 2014 Uploaded at 15:42, 18 Jul 2012
- READ THE README AT LEAST ONCE! THIS MOD IS FAIRLY SIMPLE IN USE AND MANY OF ITS ABILITIES ARE AUTOMATIC SO THE LEARNING CURVE IS SMALL BUT IT IS VERY SPECIFIC AND YOU CAN TWEAK A LOT OF OPTIONS;
- READ THE RECOMMENDED MODS SECTION OR YOU MAY MISS A LOT OF FUN;
- BEAR IN MIND THAT YOU CAN ADD OR REMOVE ALL LESSER POWERS AND USE ALMOST ALL CONTENT NO MATTER WHAT RACE YOU ARE CURRENTLY PLAYING!
- BE ADVISED! THIS MOD CONTAINS MANY SCRIPTS AND CAN POTENTIALLY AFFECT YOUR GPU! NEVERTHELESS YOU SHOULD TRY IT OUT. I HAVE PUT A LOT OF EFFORT TO OPTIMIZE THE CODE. ALSO REMEMBER THAT THIS MOD IS MODULAR AND YOU CAN TURN OFF OR NOT USE ANY OF ITS COMPONENTS. IN CASE OF ANY SLOW DOWNS YOU SHOULD IN FIRST PLACE TWEAK INI FILES TO GIVE PAPYRUS MORE RAM AND IF NOT ENOUGH TURN OFF SOME ABILITIES;
- THIS MOD IS A WORK IN PROGRESS. I SUGGEST TO CHECK OUT THIS PAGE EVERY WEEK OR TWO FOR UPDATES;
- MODDERS CAN CHOOSE TO ENABLE THEIR ACTORS TO BE REGISTERED IN THE MINION SYSTEM (SEE MINION SYSTEM SECTION OF THE README FOR DETAILS).;
- MODDERS CAN CHOOSE TO ADD TO THEIR ACTORS THE ABILITY TO SMELL THE PLAYER. IN ORDER TO DO SO THE ACTOR MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING VANILLA KEYWORDS: LinkCustom06, LinkCustom08, LinkCustom10.
This mod is a continuation of Nature of the beast mod. This mod adds several sophisticated and original biological abilities and is best for werewolf players. It should also suit players that play as other beast races (vampires, argonians, khajiits). In addition it allows to transform into monstrous lizard or werebear. The purpose of the mod is to give the player the feeling he/she is really playing as a beast and even to command a horde of other beasts, to empower the player and to let him/her experience the Skyrim as never before. Dont let the above fool you. You can add any lesser power no matter what race you are playing.
In practice you can gain:
- an automatic and immersive night eye that gradually turns on and off night eye effect depending on the amount of light on the player,
- a realistic smell that depends on the strength and direction of wind and allows you to track targets from significant distance while providing you with many informations about them. Be advise though, you can be smelled as well even while not having the smell lesser powers,
- adrenaline surge that makes you faster (2 versions: turbo or slow-motion), stronger, increases jump height and reduces fall damage at the cost of stamina,
- 6th sense that warns you when you are about to get hit either in melee, by spell or arrow and can trigger the above adrenaline surge if you choose so (if you choose slow-motion version of adrenaline surge you have a good chance to dodge the attack),
- realistic heat vision that takes into account events like death, swimming and rain/snow (not under roof - roof detection!) and gradually turns on or off visual effects on nearby targets (when swimming the change is instant),
- lesser power allowing you to transform into alpha werewolf and back at will,
- chance to live as an alpha werewolf indefinatelly, to eat, drink and sleep in this form,
- chance to amass a wolf/werewolf pack consisting of wolves and werewolves you meet while being in alpha werewolf form and command the pack by issuing simple commands like wait, follow me, wait there and forward,
- chance to live as a Green Bane (giant monstrous yet stealthy lizard) indefinatelly, to eat, drink and sleep in this form, the lizard has its own unique abilties like camouflage (partial invisibility) and poisoned claws,
- chance to live as a mighty Werebear indefinatelly, to eat, drink and sleep in this form,
- chance to climb trees/buildings in the beast form,
- chance to meet a green bane and learn the true meaning of terror.
In addition this mod is for players that do quests with followers/hirelings/follower dogs or summoned creatures either vanilla or from other mods no matter what race you are currently playing, since it allows the player to issue to them simple commands like wait, follow me, wait there and forward or to attack a specific actor. You can also divide them into squads and command them separately and even give commands to specific minion. The commands are issued via shout button or custom buttons so hands can be occupied with something else. It also means that you can issue the commands while in werewolf form or on horseback. The mod contains a rais dead slave spell and other raise/summon spells that allows you to raise/summon dead and command them via the Minion system and if they are NPC to give them new armor/weapons/items and to order them to do almost everything. These extended options also apply to followers.
Remember you dont have to use all content of the mod. You can always turn off or remove some components that for some reason doesnt suit you.
I) Content of the mod:
1) Night eye lesser power tweaks:
Demo of dynamic night eye:
Demo of smell&passive smell:
Demo of smell detection of player by other actors:
3) Adrenaline surge:
Demo of adrenaline surge:
4) 6th sense:
Demo of 6th sense:
5) Heat (predator) sense:
Demo of heat (predator) sense - death event:
Demo of heat (predator) sense - rain event with roof detection:
Demo of heat (predator) sense - swimming event:
6) Green bane form:
Demo of Green bane+ camouflage&poisoned claws:
7) Werebear form:
Demo of Werebear:
8) Alpha werewolf form:
Demo of Alpha werewolf + commanding wolf pack:
Demo of climbing a tree:
Demo of climbing a building:
Demo of eating while climbing:
10) Minion system:
Demo of Minion system:
Another demo of Minion system, commanding a horse follower:
Be advised. The above videos are old. There are PLENTY new options and commands available for advanced minions. Check other videos about minion system in the video section.
11) Undead pack:
Demo of raise dead slave spell:
You can configure the mod by using Nature of the beast Settings Ring in your inventory. The ring is automatically added to your inventory. You can even add or remove abilities.
2) Dawnguard DLC
3) Dragonborn DLC
If you dont have the DLCs know that ver. 2.21 doesnt require any DLC and ver. 2.31 doesnt require Dragonborn DLC (it requires only Dawnguard DLC).
III) Recommended mods:
1) DYNAVSION - Dynamic Depth of Field by Gopher and MyGoodEye;
2) Immersive HUD - iHUD by Gopher;
3) Real Effect Candle by Yuril ;
4) Realistic Lighting With Customization by Pluto - 747823 - Leviathan1753 - Sydney666 ;
5) Subliminal Traps by Mr Dave ;
6) SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators by EtaYorius ;
7) IMPs More Complex Needs - full compatibility, but only Steam Workshop version! (see above);
8) Frostfall by Chesko - the mod is now fully compatible with mine. In other words my Alpha werewolf and Green bane will be recognised as beasts with all benefits (they are much more resistant to frost);
9) Amazing Follower Tweaks - you can identify followers as werewolves if turned using this mod and you can also command them using my minion system;
10) PsiKotics Necromancy Mod - provides you with multiple undead minions and you can command them using my minion system - just remember if you summon a skeleton while having 25 minions one of your minion will be unregistered from minion system so the new minion can be registered in the system;
11) Brawl Bug Plugin or Brawl Bugs Patch - Plugins - Modder Resource - to avoid brawl bug, see Bugs/Issues section below;
12) Dwemer Artificer mod - it allows you to construct and then deploy/upgrade different dwemer automaton and command them with my Minion system;
13) Horsemen - Mounted Combat Enhancement + UFO - if you want to command mounted followers (now this is something absolutely special);
14) Hunting in Skyrim - for better hunting experience;
15) Realistic Needs and Diseases - full compatibility;
16) Heart of the Beast - Werewolf Sound and Texture Overhaul - the best sound/graphical overhaul for Alpha werewolf/Green Bane;
17) Bestial Hunger - Werewolf Bloodlust - this mod causes some serious detrimental consequances when you dont feed as a werewolf for a long time;
18) Tales of Lycanthropy - Werewolf Overhaul - forcefull transformations based on moon faze, disease and more, check out compatibility patch;
19) Moonlight Tales - Werewolf and Werebear Overhaul - a successor of Tales of Lycanthropy, forcefull transformations based on moon phase, disease, werewolf/werebear encounters, custom skins and a bonus: WHEN COMBINED WITH NOTB2 YOU CAN COMMAND UP TO 25 WEREWOLVES THAT TRANSFORM WITH YOU AND ACCESS THEIR INVENTORY, check out compatibility patch;
20) Armored Skeletons and The Walking Dead or Skyrim Immersive Creatures - both by lifestorock if you want to use my summon skeleton spells;
21) Necromancy-- Undead FX by WDog367 - if you want to use vanilla raise dead spells and see decaying zombies.
1) Unpack the content of skyrim directory inside your skyrim directory
1) download it via NMM.
1) Turn off all my lesser powers/abilities/spells
2) Choose stop mod option in maintenance section of the ring menu (beware the befriended wolves/werewolves)
3) Wait at least 6 hours of in-game time
4) Make a save
5) Exit the game
1) Uninstall old version;
2) Make a save (clean save);
3) Install new version.
1) Uninstall old version;
2) Install new version;
3) Choose the reset mod option in maintenance section of the ring menu.
VII) Future plans:
1) Polymorph to flock of birds or bats;
2) Another beast form - this time a flying one (sophisticated with collision detection and taking into account gravity and direction and force of wind);
3) Enhanced hearing
4) Telepathic abilities applied even without eye contact, like control (make a target your puppet), charm to follow you, enrage, pacify, frighten, perhaps blind;
5) Telekinesis of actors including throwing in different directions choking, reflective barrier.
1) Bethesda - for Skyrim;
2) Alexander Blade - for Script Dragon - Keep up the good work (and updates!);
3) Outlandstalker - for help with cloak mechanism;
4) kaekaelyn - for help with the FoxRace problem in vanilla Skyrim;
5) MofoMojo - for help with the FoxRace problem in vanilla Skyrim and in optimalization of code;
6) J3X - for the inspirational mod: Summon Skeletal Horde and for the invisible platform from his mod Flyable broomstick ;
7) tonycubed2 - for help with sleep in beast form;
8) spwnd - for help in making Moonlight Tales - Werewolf and Werebear Overhaul more compatible with this mod;
9) Chesko - for help with making this mod compatible with his, in future versions of his mod you will be able to wander frozen wastlands as my alpha werewolf. For now you can smell fire that is detected by his mod while using my smell;
10) Imp of the Perverse - for the inspirational mod: IMPs More Complex Needs;
11) Dheuster - for his cooperation to make this mod able to detect werewolves created by his mod: Amazing Follower Tweaks and for his help in applying my minion system to followers/hirlings/dog followers and for his camp script;
12) Verteiron - for his help with optimalization of minion commands code and with detection of rain;
13) PsiSoldier for testing and cooperation regarding compatibility with his mod - PsiKotics Necromancy Mod;
14) mitchalek - author of Convinient Horses mod, we werent able to make the two mods compatible, but his help in improving my mod was invaluable;
15) Asuke01 - for continous support of the mod and for the images;
16) rongphale - for his mod: Horsemen - Mounted Combat Enhancement, you are my hero;
17) lifestorock and Grohiik - for the graphical resources (the Green Bane) - this allowed me to take my mod to higher level;
18) heilghast - for help with poisoned claws;
19) fcara1 - for tips regarding compatibility with Requiem;
20) WDog367 and PROMETHEUS for the resources from Necromancy-- Undead FX (decay effect);
21) Ogerboss - for cooperation regarding compatibility with Requiem;
22) Laurient - for MCM menu..
IX) Legal issues:
1) This mod is provided as is;
2) Notwithstanding the above any constructive criticism or suggestion will be appreciated;
3) I do not take any responsibility for any errors caused by this mod (although I tried to test it as much as I can), use it at your own risk;
4) You may use any part of this mod in whatever way you wish (I have even provided you with the source files). Just give me credit and post a link to this page.
1) Check out for updates of this mod from time to time on Skyrim Nexus site.
1) The ring menu mentioned above may seem to be broken. Few times I have experienced it myself although for me everything works fine now. It always seems to happen only with the last added option in the main menu. This bug is propably caused by wrong update of the mod - see appropriate section above. I hope this helps. If not notify me. This has been fixed in ver. 2.6;
2) Occasionally the smell ability can describe NPC as FOXRACE when its a humanoid. This is a Skyrim glitch not caused by the mod. This problem should be eliminated now, if not please notify me;
3) Sometimes the 6th sense will trigger adrenaline surge even when hostile actor is not attacking you but someone else. This is because it is enough for the actor to spot you to be technically in combat with you. I tried to limit this as much as I can, this will happen only when target can see you and is turned in your more or less exact direction. I dont know how to fix it completely but it should happen very rare. Sometimes 6th sense can trigger adrenaline surge too late for you when hostile actor is using ranged attack and is at medium distance;
4) Some quest stages or fights can require you to cast no spells. This is a problem, because although you cant see this the mod constantly causes the player to cast spells via scripts. This is so called brawl bug. In such case you have 3 options: 1) turn off the mod for appropriate time, 2) turn off for appropriate time all passive abilities (night eye, smell, 6th sense), wind script and detection of player by actors and minion script or 3) download and turn on Brawl Bug Plugin (see Recommended mods section above). Its quite easy now to turn off and on all abilities/scripts of the mod. You can do this in ring menu in maintenance section. Just remember to wait for the first punch. Currently I recommend to download Brawl Bugs Patch - Plugins - Modder Resource;
5) Minion system now covers also undead actors, but raise dead will not follow your commands due to the issues with thier AI. Their AI is hidden somewhere in the Skyrim engine and to my knowledge no one was able to overwrite/disable it so far. Only summoned actors will follow your commands. I have implemented a special scripted raise dead slave spell that can raise dead actors and allows you to command them via the Minion system;
6) If you use SkyUI the game may crash once you open magic menu. This has been fixed in ver. 2.1;
7) Occasionally you can get an eye glitch. Its a Skyrim glitch and not the fault of the mod. It can be removed by typing in "player.addspell 000f71d1" followed by "player.removespell 000f71d1" in the console;
8) In order to leave my beast forms you must hold adrenaline surge button. This way you will access the survival menu. There choose transformation option. From ver. 2.8 ther is altrantive way;
9) Some people have experienced keybind saving problem. I was told that it seems to be effected by the position in the load order and that the position of my mod cannot exceed position 7F Hex (127 Dec). I havent tested it myself since I donot use such amount of mods myself;
10) Some have experienced that the mod is not working (nothing worked and they even didnt have the ring) or that the smell in not working (no name, just brackets). The solution is restart my mod via the ring menu or to deactivate and activate my mod several times in mod manager (first turn it off via the ring menu) or if thats not working change load order. Alternativelly try this: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/963218-how-would-one-go-about-reducing-papyrus-based-lag/ The problem with smell seems to be fixed in ver. 2.6;
11) Dont loot any container while in any of my beast forms. You shouldnt be able to do it in the first place but in case you can dont do it or you will loose that object forever. This mechanism was implemented to avoid exploits concerning feeding. In any beast form you are not supposed to pick anything. All you can in a beast form is to feed on something. From ver. 2.8 you loose only what you can eat;
12) Some ENB mods can prevent nightvision effects from working. This is a problem that effects vanilla nightvision as well as vision effects from mods such as this. If you are using an ENB configuration, you must ensure that UseOriginalPostProcessing" is set to `1 in your enbseries.ini" file;
13) From time to time smell tracking is turned off but the visual effect persists. I dont know why. I tried to fix it but I failed. If something like that happens you should start tracking again and then deactivate the tracking. This should fix it;
14) Wispmother Smoke glitch - it appears very rarely, its a Skyrim glitch, to fix read this: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/768741-wispmother-fx-glitch-fix/?p=6985690.
If you are curious what's on my mind check out my Oblivion mod: Dragorian and Dranaugh Races Reworked.