Last updated at 13:35, 27 Apr 2015 Uploaded at 21:01, 3 Apr 2012
Check out also my new player house: Mammoth Manor
A picturesque and fully equipped player home near Whiterun. This lodge should be fitting setting for a prosperous adventurer - like the player, serving as a comfortable reststop between adventures. I've tried to keep the layout easy enough and the amount of clutter and containers sensible and tried to fit the house seamlessly into the world, not looking out of place. The main building includes the kitchen/living room on top floor and a basement with the weapon/armor/equipment storage and an adjacent underground crafting room. The roomy sidewing includes the sleeping quarters, library and enchanting/alchemy space. There's also a true nordic sauna cabin (complete with a hot tub) and a garden. Automatic item sorter scripts makes storing ingredients and other items into containers easy as a child's play. They can also be turned on and off individually, if you do not want to use them.
Location & Key to the house:
By the road between Riverwood and Whiterun. You really can't miss it. It's where the road loops near the waterfalls. The key can be found from the chest outside the house.
Activator for the different housing configurations is found just over the key chest (look for a book). It's outside on the top floor, left from the kitchen entrance.
Recommended mods for Hearthfire version:
- Hearthfire multiple adoptions - Let's you set the Lodge as the home of your spouse and children. Also works great just for the spouse (assigns her/him to the main bed) even if you don't want to adopt any children.
- Custom Family Home - Alternative to Hearthfire multiple adoptions (above). Has been reported to work real great. Allows you to assign also the wife, kids, bard and the housecarl to custom houses.
Other recommended mods:
(None of these are actual requirements, but I couldn't live without them.)
- Unlimited Bookshelves (Lets you store lot's and lot's more books, notes, scrolls, skulls etc. in your shelves.)
- Spouses Can Live Everywhere (Let's you set the Lodge as the home for your Spouse, if not using the HF-related mods above.)
- My Home Is Your Home - This works great for the followers (other than spouse), so that they can live in your house and you can assign them areas where you want them to sleep and work. Works great with the spouse/kid-related mods.
UPDATING FROM EARLIER VERSIONS:
If you have any version at least as new as 1.3.0, you should be safe to just overwrite the old version of the mod. After updating you might need to exit and re-enter the house once or twice so that the scripts update properly before they begin to work.
=== KNOWN ISSUES & FAQ ==============================
- If you have any problems, first thing you might want to try is to move this mod as last in the load order (bottom of the list). And make sure you have the LATEST version of Skyrim installed! Certain older versions could crash the game with any house mods. The scripts are mostly unique to this mod, not overwriting anything. And for most people they work flawlessly.
- The problems with racks is usually mutual to all racks in Skyrim. Some weapons have such a bad bounding/activator boxes that they work like shit with racks. I use the racks only for swords and staffs, which seem to work just fine.
- Mods that has been built on the same spot or is located too close can conflict. There are now so many mods around that are built in this (very popular) area that I'm not going to list them all.
- It has been reported that if the mod is installed during the first quest dialogue with the Jarl and Irileth, it CTD's as soon as the Jarl tells Irileth to send troops to Riverwood immediately. Could be a conflict with another mod.
Version 1.5.1 - Hearthfire version
- Fixed couple small visual glitches
Version 1.5.0 - Hearthfire version
- Made the house compatible with ''Hearthfire multiple adoptions'' mod
- You can choose to have a children's bedroom (with three beds) instead of a follower bedroom
- If you choose to have children bedroom, the lobby closet is turned into a small bedroom for followers
- Butter churn and oven (HF items) added to kitchen
- Mead barrels turned into HF versions (which give mead)
- Main menu improved
- Small visual fixes
Version 1.5.0 - Regular version
- Main menu improved
- Small visual fixes
- Fixed the deleted navmeshes (FINALLY!)
- Some small tweaks
- Changed some location & encounter zone data
(trying to prevent the reported dragon spawning inside)
- Cleaned up with TES5Edit (there were some ITM records left from last updates)
- Couple other small changes
- Just added the alchemy sorter on/off option for potions chest (forgot...)
- Tiny tweaks to main options menu
- Made a script to (finally) redress NPC's when they exit the sauna or hot tub
- Changed the main bed back to NobleBedDouble01 so that other mods should recognize it
- Improved the house options menu, activated from outside book (above key chest)
- Removed the auto item sorter lever from basement closet (now in main options menu)
- Lighting updates
- Tiny landscape tweaks
- Added a chest next to enchanting table
- Added a valuables strongbox next to crafting chests
- Made some lighting changes (was very dark with some common ENB settings)
- Fixed couple visual glitches
- The outdoor chest with the key inside is now adept-level
- Edited landscape to remove grass poking through the wooden walkways
- Added a sorter for the potions chest (just a basic one with "all" option)
- Mannequin activator scripts removed from Riverside Lodge (get them separately)
- Some weapon plaque fixes (the activators are no longer bound to xmarkeractivator)
- Forge should now have the Skyforge properties (keyword added)
- Some changes to the main bed (spousekeyword added)
- Added Stroti's outdoor toilet behind the house
Credits and thanks:
- Manilla Turtle for his Automatic Item Storage that I've modified for my own purposes.
- M3rvin for his Automatic Light Switch script that is used to switch on/off the torches outside.
- Cuchullain and JaKhajay for the unequip-script for the sauna.
- Jadak, Eldiabs and others who have been working with similar mods that I could use as an inspiration.
- Special thanks and credits for Eldiabs, for making the awesome 'Modders Resource-Weapon Racks-Bookshelves-Plaques-Mannequins' mod.
- Stroti for making such a lovely outdoor toilet .
- Thanks to Jorundr, Wingstorm, NodTuGud, Zaeren, Octopuss and others who have been really helpful giving feedback about the mod.