Last updated at 13:06, 3 Jul 2013 Uploaded at 21:01, 3 Apr 2012
A picturesque and fully equipped lore-friendly player home near Whiterun. This lodge should be fitting setting for a prosperous adventurer - like the player, serving as a comfortable reststop between adventures. I've tried to keep the layout easy enough and the amount of clutter and containers sensible and tried to fit the house seamlessly into the world, not looking out of place. The main building includes the kitchen/living room on top floor and a basement with the weapon/armor/equipment storage and an adjacent underground crafting room. The roomy sidewing includes the sleeping quarters, library and enchanting/alchemy space. There's also a true nordic sauna cabin (complete with a hot tub) and a garden. Automatic item sorter scripts makes storing ingredients and other items into containers easy as a child's play. They can also be turned on and off individually, if you do not want to use them.
One particularly hilarious review of the mod:
Another recent review, thanks!
Location & Key to the house:
By the road between Riverwood and Whiterun. You really can't miss it. It's where the road loops near the waterfalls. The key can be found from the chest outside the house.
Activator for the different housing configurations is found just over the key chest (look for a book). It's outside on the top floor, left from the kitchen entrance.
(None of these are actual requirements, but I couldn't live without them.)
- Unlimited Bookshelves (Lets you store lot's and lot's more books, notes, scrolls, skulls etc. in your shelves.)
- Spouses Can Live Everywhere (Let's you set the Lodge as the home of your Spouse.)
- Ultimate Follower Overhaul "UFO (Enables you to have more than one follower and you can leave them wandering around the house.)
- Vanilla Mannequin Script Fix (Now INCLUDED in the Riverside Lodge BSA file, even if you didn't have it already.)
- Plenty of storage space (all SAFE and non-respawning, including the outside barrels).
- Fully equipped enchanting and alchemy labs.
- Crafting room with Forge, Workbench, Grindstone, Smelter and Tanning Rack.
- Kitchen with cooking pot and containers for food.
- Working weapon racks and plaques.
- Mannequins in a small display area (if you choose any armory option).
- Wood chopping behind the house (for those who need the wood for crafting mods).
- Library with plenty of shelves for books (very useful with the "Unlimited Bookshelves" mod).
- Player bed with "Well rested" perk (or Lovers Comfort if married).
- Small stable for the horse.
- A nordic sauna with a hot tub and a shower.
- A lovely garden with a spectacular view to Whiterun.
- Automatic Item Storage scripts.
- A lever in the basement closet to switch on/off individual auto sorters.
- Outside torches with Automatic Light Switch. (They will burn only at night.)
- Customizable basement with different configurations, either with more mannequins or none.
- Fully navmeshed indoors and exteriors.
- Now compatible with Rayek's End.
- No matter the way you install the mod, just make sure the .esp and .bsa files are in your data folder and that the mod file is activated.
- Just make sure you're outside the cells affected and all your stuff that you want to keep are relocated from the house before you uninstall the mod. Either uninstall with NMM or delete the .esp file.
UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS FOR 1.3.0:
Whatever version you use at the moment, just make sure you remove all the important items from the mannequins, plaques, containers and shelves inside the lower level of the main building, before updating to this version (side wing, kitchen and smithing area are not changed). It is also safer to make a save outside the house before updating.
=== KNOWN ISSUES & FAQ ==============================
- If you have issues with mannequins, you can also try deleting the .bsa of my mod and installing my loose scripts instead. Then you can delete the Data/Scripts/MannequinActivatorSCRIPT.pex or replace it with an alternate version.
- If you have any other problems, first thing you might want to try is to move this mod as last in the load order (bottom of the list). And make sure you have the LATEST version of Skyrim installed! Certain older versions could crash the game with any house mods. This mod only adds stuff in the game. Nothing is changed, except the few exterior landscape cells where the house is built. The scripts are mostly unique to this mod, not overwriting anything. And for most people they work flawlessly. There are no more dirty edits except some deleted navmeshes, but they are non-critical and shouldn't cause CTD's.
- The problems with racks is usually mutual to all racks in Skyrim. Some weapons have such a bad bounding/activator boxes that they work like shit with racks. They can block the access to racks next to them. The orc axes and most of the bows are a good example of this. Or they just place their own activator somewhere that you cannot reach (so you can't remove the weapon). I use the racks only for swords and staffs, which seem to work just fine.
- Some conflicts with other mods have been reported, but I'll usually try to fix all the reported issues, if there's anything I can do about it. If you report any conflicts, bugs or CTD's, please give me as detailed description as possible, not just "this m0d is br0ke, fix it naw!". Usually any CTD's are caused by some conflicting mods, old Skyrim version or some other custom changes to the particular setup. Also changing any ugrid values in Skyrim .ini files can cause CTD's with custom house mods. Most mods that has been built on the same spot or is located too close will conflict, including Dovahkiin Retreat and Ranger Ridge.
- Small updates to help NPC's stay a little less in the smithing area.
- Maybe some other tiny tweaks.
- Cleaned up dirty edits to improve compatibility. (Still some non-critical deleted navmeshes are left.)
- Moved the door marker for sauna to prevent NPC clipping.
- Something else I might have forgotten.
- Fixed the weapon plaques behind optional mannequins (got broke in 1.3.0).
- Lighting optimization and changes (better performance).
- Navmesh improvements, especially around the office desk.
- Integrated the vanilla mannequin script fix (statue version) into the BSA.
(Loose script versions should override if you have any installed.)
- Merged all separate versions into one.
- The house options can now be chosen with an activator (above the key chest).
- Created an easier pathway from the stables to front yard.
- Fixed some small bugs (like a floating torch behind the house).
- Moved the bridge and landmasses so that Rayek's End should be compatible.
- Load order: First Rayek's End, then Riverside Lodge.
- Minor lighting updates and small changes & additions here and there.
- Tried to enable the regrowing garden plants (will take some time).
- Removed the locks from containers inside the house.
Credits and thanks:
- Cuchullain and JaKhajay for the unequip-script for the sauna.
- bludgeon for the idea of sword ferns growing in pots inside the house (from Sentinel Falls).
- Jadak, Eldiabs and others who have been working with similar mods that I could use as an inspiration.
- Special thanks and credits for Eldiabs, for making the awesome 'Modders Resource-Weapon Racks-Bookshelves-Plaques-Mannequins' mod. All the bookshelves, mannequins and weapon plaques and racks in my mod are copied from this VERY useful modders resource. (Not required for my mod to work.)
- Thanks to Jorundr, Wingstorm, NodTuGud, Zaeren and others who have lately been really helpful giving feedback about the mod.