Last updated at 11:42, 21 Oct 2015 Uploaded at 1:19, 25 Feb 2012
This mod changes some mechanics related to general spell casting, as well as perks and spells in all schools of magic, making them scale with level and also more balanced. The goal is to give the player more options and variation to choose from, encouraging the use of all available spells instead of just sticking to the obvious best choices.
Most spells scale directly from player level and skills, so they'll automatically benefit from uncapper mods that boost skill levels above 100. It's in fact recommended to have skills above level 100 when your character reaches level 50, to keep things well balanced at high levels.
- Destruction: Tries to make low level spells more usable end-game and higher level spells really powerful, yet expensive.
- Restoration: Tries to give much more variation to confront undead, instead of just turning them.
- Illusion: Tries to make mind influences more interesting and work on undead sooner, but also allows targets to resist their effects.
- Conjuration: Tries to balance minions in relation to each other, meaning that twin Dremora Lords are not the obvious choice anymore.
- Alteration: Tries to make buffs last longer by default, allowing a less boring rebuffing process.
Just copy/rewrite the following ESP and BSA files to your Skyrim/Data folder.
- EmpoweredMagic.esp: (Required) Contains all changes to general spell casting and magic schools.
- EmpoweredMagic.bsa: (Required) Contains scripts necessary for some animations and features to work correctly.
- EmpoweredMagic_Dawnguard.esp: (Dawnguard users only) Contains compatibility changes to Dawnguard.
- EmpoweredMagic_Dragonborn.esp: (Dragonborn users only) Contains compatibility changes to Dragonborn.
Just delete EmpoweredMagic.esp and EmpoweredMagic.bsa, as well as the DLC files, from your Skyrim/Data folder.
NOTE: It's always a good idea to wait for all temporary effects (summons, armor spells, etc) to fade before installing/removing/updating any mod.
This should work nicely with any mod that add new spells to the game, probably making those spells scale too. On the other hand, there can be issues with mods that change existing spells or perks in magic schools, since they'll possibly replace the changes made here, and vice versa.
- This mod changes perks, so look for a mod that allows you to reset perks after installing and before uninstalling.
- This mod increases spell power and costs, so to keep a good balance never go anything below -50% spell cost reduction from item enchantments.
- Uncapped mods that allow skill levels above 100 are recommended for characters above level 50.
Categorized Favorites Menu:
To make the renamed spells here to show up correctly on CFM, just edit your "favoritesmenu.cfg" on Data/Interface and add the text below.
- "Unstable Reanimation, Lesser Reanimation, Reanimation, Greater Reanimation, Haunt" (this goes under Conjuration section)
- "Halt Undead, Constrain Undead, Sunburst" (this goes under Restoration section)
These general changes apply to all schools of magic.
- Magicka regen in combat = 50% (from 33%).
- Dual cast power = 2.3 (from 2.2).
- Dual cast cost = 2.5 (from 2.8).
- All master spells have a casting time of 2s (from 3s).
- Magic skills do not decrease spell costs anymore, but will scale magnitude instead.
- Staves scale the same way as spells and can be further boosted when the caster already knows that spell.
- Most unique staves now cast improved versions of existing spells.
- Each master level perk now also gives the character the ability to spontaneously trigger some powerful effect around him from time to time.
Now the damage of Destruction spells will scale according to your skill level. Fortify Destruction potions still increase damage further.
- Novice Destruction: Now also triggers the skill level scaling for Destruction.
- Impact: Now only causes stagger sometimes when dual casting. Novice spells are also affected. Stronger spells have a higher chance to trigger and will knock back instead of just staggering.
- First Blood (ex Rune Master): Allows sneak attacks with runes and single target bolt spells for 1.5x damage.
- Augments: Each of these perks has an additional rank, with increasing magnitude boosts. When maxed they will give +50% damage to the associated element, at the expense of 35% more magicka. Augments also give some protection to the associated element, but vulnerability to the other ones. This protection and vulnerability are applied directly over the magnitude of incoming spells, thus stacking with resistances.
- Disintegrate, Intense Flames, Deep Freeze: Now have a chance to occur in every hit, yet stronger enemies may have to be weakened first. Stronger spells have a higher chance to trigger. Disintegrate deals a very large amount of damage when triggered, but not necessarily an instant kill. Intense Flames applies a debuff that causes targets to take more damage for a short time. Deep Freeze really freezes targets in place instead of paralyzing them.
- Master Destruction: Now also gives the passive power to periodically strike nearby foes with elemental blasts.
- Runes: Now correctly benefit from augment perks (vanilla issue). Also have a longer range by default and cause stagger, but have a longer casting time as well. Players can have up to 3 runes simultaneously by default.
- Cloaks: Now deal 5 damage (from 8) and last 30 seconds (from 60), but cause nearby enemies to become more vulnerable to the cloak element and also give protection against the opposed element (the opposed of shock is shock itself). Skill scaling and dual casting increase the range of the effect. These are automatically dispelled when sneaking.
- Walls: Now cost less magicka and will sometimes stagger enemies crossing the hazard.
- Incinerate, Icy Spear, Thunderbolt: Now deal 65 base damage (from 60) and can knock back when dual casting with Impact. Also are the best triggers for Intense Flames, Deep Freeze and Disintegrate.
- Lightning Storm: Now can cause stagger while channeling and triggers Disintegrate very often.
- Blizzard: Now deals 15 base damage (from 20) per second. Also, the caster becomes ethereal for the spell duration or until executing another action. No longer varies in damage according to the caster's frost resistance (vanilla issue).
- Fire Storm: Enemies closer to the caster will take up to triple damage and be severely knocked back. The cost is now the same as Blizzard.
Now the healing, protection, damage and level cap of Restoration spells will scale according to your skill level. Fortify Restoration potions increase the damage and healing of some spells, as well as the duration of other ones.
- Novice Restoration: Now also triggers the skill level scaling for Restoration.
- Necromage: Now halves all incoming healing, in exchange for 15% damage reduction and 15% less spell costs.
- Avoid Death: Changed to apply a protective shield on the subject of healing spells while they are at low health, halving all damage taken while the shield is up. Dual casting doubles the effect, decreasing incoming damage to one-quarter.
- Radiance (ex Regeneration): Increases healing power and sunlight damage by 25%, at the expense of 15% more magicka.
- Feedback (ex Ward Absorb): Allows wards to retaliate after absorbing enough energy from spells. Timing the ward highly increases retaliation damage. Dual casting allows stronger retaliations.
- Master Restoration: Now also gives the passive power to periodically spawn healing surges on yourself or nearby allies.
- Heals: All healing spells cast on others now also can harm undead. Heal Other base magnitude decreased to 50 (from 75). Close Wounds now heal over time instead of being instantaneous. Grand Healing now only affects nearby targets for half the amount.
- Wards: Now have a very small channeling cost, but transfer part of all incoming spell damage to magicka as a mana shield. Stronger wards have a higher transfer ratio.
- Repel Undead (ex Turn Lesser Undead): Target weaker undead is severely knocked back and damaged by the impact.
- Turn Undead (ex Repel Lesser Undead): Undead in area flee for a few seconds. Level cap scales now, and the turn duration is much shorter.
- Halt Undead (ex Turn Undead): Target undead is immobilized for several seconds, or until damaged. Stronger targets may have to be weakened first.
- Constrain Undead (ex Turn Greater Undead): Undead in area are immobilized for a few seconds and take damage over time while being held.
- Sunburst (ex Repel Undead): A burst of sunlight that blinds everyone around the caster. Also deals 55 points of damage to undead, and will instantly destroy vampires that fail to resist.
- Circle of Potection: Now causes damage to undead inside the ring, repels weaker ones, and also heals allies inside.
- Guardian Circle: Now a much stronger version of Circle of Protection that instantly destroys undead that fail to resist.
- Bane of the Undead: Now deals 80 damage to undead, set them on fire while they flee, and will also instantly destroy targets that fail to resist.
Now the level cap and rally bonuses of Illusion spells will scale according to your skill level. Fortify Illusion potions decrease the chance of spells being resisted.
- Novice Illusion: Now also triggers the skill level scaling for Illusion.
- Quiet Casting: Now only makes spells silent while sneaking and undetected.
- Arcane Control (ex Animage): Allows Illusion spells to work on Undead, Daedra and Automatons.
- Incantation (ex Kindred Mage): Illusion spells work on stronger targets and are harder to resist.
- Blood Lust (ex Hypnotic Gaze): Enemies affected by frenzy-like illusions will gain health over time. At the end of the effect, any accumulated health is then removed and transferred to the caster.
- Dream Feeder (ex Aspect of Terror): Enemies affected by calm-like illusions will transfer magicka to the caster over time.
- Nightmare (ex Rage): Enemies affected by fear-like illusions will lose health over time and can eventually die in terror.
- Master of the Mind: Influences last 50% longer, which also increases the interval between resist checks on affected targets.
- Master Illusion: Now also gives the passive power to periodically assault the mind of nearby foes to stun, disarm, or even kill them.
- Fear, Frenzy, Calm: Targets affected by these spells now can try to resist the effect when the spell is cast, and also every several seconds afterwards. This means that a landed spell can last for its entire duration or just some seconds, depending on the level of the target and the Illusion skill of the caster. Success chances can highly increase by dual casting, being a vampire, or drinking skill potions.
- Rally: Base health and stamina bonuses increased to 50 (from 25).
- Call to Arms: Base health and stamina bonuses increased to 75 (from 25).
- Clairvoyance: Now has decreased cost.
- Invisibility: Now is a channeling spell.
- Muffle: Now lasts 5 minutes (from 3 mins), but gives just partial noise reduction instead of completely removing it.
Now the level cap for reanimations, banish and command, as well as the damage of bound weapons, scale according to your skill level. Conjurations scale according to the character level. Fortify Conjuration potions increase the duration of most spells and the magnitude of a few others.
- Novice Conjuration: Now also triggers the skill level scaling for Conjuration.
- Mystic Binding: Now doubles the duration and allows bound weapons to deal more damage according to the percent magicka the caster has available.
- Soul Stealer: Now also completely removes the cost of bound weapons.
- Summoner: Now has three ranks. Rank 1 doubles the range of summons and reanimations. Rank 2 allows the caster to have a second Flame Atronach summoned simultaneously. Rank 3 allows a third Flame Atronach, and also a second Frost Atronach.
- Atromancy: Now has three ranks. Rank 1 softens the upkeep of conjured daedra. Rank 2 gives atronachs an armor bonus when near their master. Rank 3 allows the player to cast Flames, Frostbite or Sparks to energize atronachs, healing them and applying an elemental cloak.
- Necromancy: Also has three ranks. Rank 1 softens the upkeep of reanimations. Rank 2 allows triple unstable undead simultaneously. Rank 3 allows the player to cast Healing Hands on reanimated undead to decompose them into bursts of energy that recover magicka and damage nearby living enemies.
- Dark Influence (ex Dark Souls): Reanimations work on stronger bodies.
- Transfusion (ex Twin Souls): Minions will regenerate health and also can sometimes transfer health to the caster when needed. Level requirement to buy this perk decreased to 90 (from 100).
- Master Conjuration: Now also gives the passive power to periodically heal nearby minions, and harm hostile ones.
- Conjurations, Reanimations: Most now have a base duration of 5 minutes (from 60 seconds), but will hinder spell casting while active by reserving some portion of magicka. Stronger reanimations will not disintegrate the body anymore. Also, summons do not fail if the caster has magic absorption, and are not dispelled when casting Destruction cloaks (vanilla issues).
- Soul Trap: Now also apply a small damage over time. All trap effects will now trap souls inside correct sized gems, fixing vanilla issues related to inventory stacking and gem dropping. Existing "bugged" filled gems in inventory should eventually be filled correctly with new souls trapped.
- Bound Weapons: Now have a base duration of 5 minutes (from 2 minutes) and scale with skill level. At lower levels they are equivalent to steel, and at top level they can reach daedric.
- Conjure Familiar: Now lasts 1 day and is bound to the caster. The familiar will gain special abilities according to specific perks the caster acquires from each school of magic. It will also grow stronger the longer it stays summoned, and is one of the very few summons that do not require upkeep.
- Unstable Reanimation (ex Raise Zombie): Reanimates body as undead, but the effect is unstable and has a chance to fail, which will disintegrate the recipient.
- Lesser Reanimation (ex Reanimate Corpse): Reanimates body as undead, weaker than it was in life with some stat penalties.
- Reanimation (ex Revenant): Reanimates body as undead, exactly as it was in life.
- Greater Reanimation (ex Dread Zombie): Reanimates body as undead, stronger than it was in life with some stat bonuses.
- Haunt (ex Expel Daedra): Calls down spirits to damage the target and hinder their movement for several seconds. If the target dies, the spirits will then search a new target or return to heal the caster.
- Dremora Lord: Now is unstable. It will try to resist the conjuration constantly.
- Dead Thrall: Now slays all nearby living foes that fail to resist, then reanimates nearby bodies for 150 seconds as unstable undead. Friendly targets are not affected.
- Atronach Thralls: Are now much stronger versions of normal atronachs, but last only 150 seconds. They also come with a powerful explosion at the summoning spot. Flame Thrall comes with a fiery explosion that deals damage and sets nearby enemies on fire. Frost Thrall comes with a blast of cold that deals damage and freezes enemies. Storm Thrall comes with a stormy burst that deals damage and throws enemies in the air. Thralls do not have upkeep.
Now the armor rating given by Alteration spells will scale according to your skill level. Fortify Alteration potions still increase duration of some spells.
- Novice Alteration: Now also triggers the skill level scaling for Alteration.
- Mage Armor: Now increases the protection of armor spells by 50% per rank. Also allows a single piece of armor (such as a mask) to be worn in a disabled armorless state, giving no armor rating but keeping all other effects. A piece of armor disabled this way will not spoil effects that require no armor.
- Stability: Instead of increasing duration, it now decreases the cost of spells from all schools by 15%, but only if not wearing armor.
- Atronach: Absorption decreased to 15% (from 30%), but now also gives immunity to stagger effects. Level requirement to buy this perk decreased to 90 (from 100).
- Master Alteration: Now also gives the passive power to periodically purge elemental resistances from nearby foes, such as frost resistance from nords.
- Armors: Now only give full armor rating while not wearing armor, but also adds a chance to stagger attackers. Armored casters will get a lesser version of the effect, with decreased armor rating and lower stagger chance. These spells last 5 minutes by default (from 60 secs) and will scale with level, but some magicka is drained whenever the caster is physically hit in combat. Stronger spells drain more magicka, but give more armor rating and can stagger more often.
- Dragonhide: Now halves physical incoming damage and also increases health regeneration for 90 seconds. Can stack with armor rating and other defenses.
- Lights: Now last 5 minutes (from 60 seconds) and have a larger radius. Candlelight has a warmer glow and is automatically dispelled when the caster starts sneaking. Magelight is not limited anymore to a single light.
- Transmute: Now is a channeling spell that continually transmutes ores, favoring iron to silver, but has a chance to consume soul gems in the process. Special indestructible gems are not accepted. Also, correctly filled gems will be required (the ones bought, found, or trapped with this mod), not the vanilla "bugged" ones (lower priced ones that do not stack, filled using vanilla soul trap).
- Detects, Telekinesis: Now cost much less magicka.
- Equilibrium: Now transfers a percent of maximum health instead of fixed values, and should no longer be affected by difficulty level (vanilla issue).
- Paralyze: Now lasts 5 seconds, and will only work while the target is above 35% health.
- Mass Paralysis: Now lasts 10 seconds, and is also limited to 35% health.
DAWNGUARD CHANGES (ADDITIONAL ESP)
Makes the new offensive spells scale correctly and also add some changes.
- Heals: All undead healing spells now also cause stagger when used against living targets. Heal Undead base magnitude decreased to 50 (from 75).
- Stendarr's Aura: Now deals 5 damage per second (from 10), but causes vulnerability to physical damage.
- Vampire's Bane: Now also deals 50% more damage against vampires.
- Soul Cairn Summons: Now conjure a ritual that will continually spawn undead minions for 95 seconds. Each minion will drain health from the caster when spawned, getting tougher the more health is consumed. The ritual is suspended while sneaking.
DRAGONBORN CHANGES (ADDITIONAL ESP)
Makes the new spells scale correctly and also add some changes.
- Ignite, Freeze: Now work as weaker on-demand versions of Intense Flames and Deep Freeze.
- Conjure Seeker: Now will also continually detect life for the caster, and is affected by Atromancy.
- Conjure Ash Spawn: Now is tougher, and is affected by Necromancy.
ARCANE BIND WITH STAVES
The mastery perks in all schools of magic now also allow the caster to arcane bind staves that have imprinted spells associated to that mastery level, as long as the user knows that specific spell. Just equipping a staff will form the bind, allowing the caster to share its contained energy.
In addition, the dual casting perks in all schools can further boost a staff under arcane bind, increasing either power or duration.
Effects of arcane bind:
- The staff will consume only 50% of its usual charges per cast.
- The remaining 50% is drained directly from the user's magicka (more is paid if the staff is boosted by dual cast perks).
- Grants experience according to the amount of magicka drained.
NOTE: Arcane bind does not work with unique staves.
MASTER PASSIVE POWERS
Each master perk grants a passive power related to that school of magic, which spawns spontaneously near the caster depending on certain circumstances.
All powers have a chance to trigger per second, and also have an internal cooldown. Unleashing a power always consumes a little bit of magicka, and only can work when the caster is above 25% magicka.
- Destruction: Calls down an elemental blast on a nearby foe, which takes form according to the current weather. Only works outdoors.
- Restoration: Spawns a healing surge on the caster or nearby ally, but only when below a health threshold.
- Illusion: Assaults the mind of a nearby living foe, staggering and potentially disarming it. Also can instantly kill targets that fail to resist.
- Conjuration: Instantly heals a nearby summoned or reanimated minion, and also can damage hostile ones.
- Alteration: Purges the elemental resistances from a nearby foe. Only takes effect on enemies with strong resistances.
The familiar now shares abilities with the caster. Below is the list of abilities it gets according to perks acquired from each school.
- Impact: Chance to knockdown on hit.
- Augment Flames: Increased fire resistance per rank.
- Augment Frost: Increased frost resistance per rank.
- Augment Shock: Increased shock resistance per rank.
- Recovery: Increased health regeneration per rank.
- Radiance: Chance to blind on hit.
- Necromage: Damage +50% vs undead.
- Avoid Death: All incoming damage -50% when below 35% health.
- Blood Lust: Damage +50% when below 50% health.
- Dream Feeder: Damage +50% vs influenced targets.
- Nightmare: Damage +50% vs targets below 35% health.
- Master of the Mind: Chance to frenzy on hit.
- Mystic Binding: Damage +50% when master is above 50% magicka.
- Atromancy: Chance to banish conjured daedra on hit.
- Necromancy: Chance to turn raised corpses on hit.
- Transfusion: Chance to drain health on hit.
- Mage Armor: Increased armor rating per rank.
- Magic Resistance: Increased magic resistance perk rank.
- Stability: Physical damage taken -15%.
- Atronach: Incoming damage from spells -30%.
MISCELLANEOUS VANILLA FIXES
Some vanilla issues automatically fixed with this mod.
- Runes now correctly benefit from augment perks.
- Summons no longer fail when the caster has magic absorb effects.
- Reanimations should no longer disintegrate when fast travelling or entering new areas.
- Cloak spells no longer dispel summons.
- Blizzard no longer varies in damage according to the caster's frost resistance.
- Respite no longer restores stamina of enemies and non-living targets.
- Staff of Magnus now correctly absorbs magicka and health.
- Staff of Jyrik Gauldurson now correctly drains double magicka and applies its intended blessing.
- Staff of Thunderbolts now correctly casts Thunderbolts.
- Sanguine Rose no longer fails when the caster has the Elemental Potency perk.
- Unstable bodies reanimated by staves now disintegrate as expected.
- Trapped souls will no longer enter wrong gems and will not be removed when filled gems are dropped.
- Bound daggers will correctly behave as daggers instead of swords, and are now silent.
- Equilibrium will no longer vary in power according to the difficulty level.
- All existing scrolls now can be found on sale, and be sold.
NEW MECHANICS - DETAILS
Here's detailed information related to some new mechanics implemented, such as spell scaling, level caps, perks, etc.
- All spells get +1% damage for each point in Destruction, except for cloaks that get +1% range.
- Impact chances vary greatly for each spell, from 5% to 35%. There is also a health threshold involved, meaning some tough enemies may have to be weakened first.
- Each augment perk decreases incoming damage of the associated element by 25%, and increases damage from other elements by 15% each. Higher ranks of the same perk do not give more protection or vulnerability. Having all three augments results in a balanced state with no benefits or penalties, since the protection given by one perk ends up being countered by the vulnerabilities of the other ones.
- Intense Flames and Deep Freeze have increased duration when dual casting, while Disintegrate deals increased damage.
- Damage and healing get +1% magnitude for each point in Restoration, while wards get +1% regeneration rate.
- Turn level cap starts at 5 and gets .3 for each point in Restoration. So you can turn up to lvl 35 enemies at skill level 100.
- Feedback allows wards to accumulate the energy of absorbed spells, and upon reaching certain thresholds a retaliation is unleashed. Dual casting doubles the energy gathered, making retaliation stronger. Also, for the first second after popping a ward all spell damage absorbed is multiplied before being converted into retaliation, allowing much stronger timed feedbacks.
- Avoid Death will apply its protective shield for the entire duration of healing spells, but only while the target is below 50% health. Protected targets take only half of all incoming damage, and dual casting reduces this damage even further to one-quarter.
- Sunburst's blindness works on most targets, not only undead. This can be used to quickly hide since it allows a few seconds of undetected sneaking.
- Rally-like stat bonuses get +1% magnitude for each point in Illusion.
- Influence level cap, considering an average chance of success, starts at level 5 and gets .35 for each point in Illusion (becomes .45 per point with Incantation). So you can keep average success chances on up to lvl 50 targets at skill level 100. Higher level targets can still be affected, but at a decreased chance.
- Landed influences require additional checks every 10 seconds, with success chances decreasing by half for each new check. Master of the Mind increases this check interval to 15 seconds.
- Dual casting gives +50% to success chances of influences, while potions can also go as high as +50%, and being a vampire gives an additional +15%. All these circumstantial bonuses are applied cumulatively and can highly increase success chances on high level enemies that are resisting too much.
- Damage over time spells and bound weapons get +1% damage for each point in Conjuration.
- Reanimation level cap starts at 5 and gets .35 for each point in Conjuration (becomes .45 per point with Dark Influence). So you can reanimate up to lvl 50 bodies at skill level 100.
- Mystic Binding gives a flat damage bonus for bound weapons, simulating a weapon enchantment. This bonus varies with current available percent magicka and also skill level. The maximum attainable at skill level 100 is +30 damage, considering the caster is above 75% magicka.
- Most minions require upkeep, reserving 25% of the caster's magicka while active. Atromancy and Necromancy soften this penalty to 15%. Spells that do not say anything related to upkeep do not have upkeep, such as the Familiar, Soul Cairn summons and Thralls.
- Dremora Lord, Unstable Reanimation and minions raised by Dead Thrall are unstable. They have a 10% chance to fail every 15 seconds.
- Level of conjured minions scales directly as a percent of player level. This goes from 25% for the weaker minions, such as Flame Atronach and Bone Archer, up to 100% for the most powerful ones, such as Ash Guardian and Thralls. Familiar is a special case, scaling faster than normal at start, but having a level cap.
- Soul Cairn minions are automatically summoned every 10 to 30 seconds during the ritual, depending on the minion rank and also the caster's skill level. All minions last 30 seconds, so in some cases the caster can have multiple low ranked summons.
- Soul trapping effects always require empty gems of correct size. Also, special gems have low priority. When grand souls do not find empty Grand gems, they will enter Azura's Star. In the same way, NPC souls not finding Black gems will go into The Black Star.
- Bugged vanilla filled gems (lower priced ones that do not stack in inventory, possibly with incorrect souls) will still be considered empty by the new soul trap fix. These "bugged" gems will eventually be refilled and fixed when using new soul traps.
- Armors get +1% magnitude for each point in Alteration.
- Armor spells work more or less as mana shields. Higher level spells drain more magicka than the weaker ones, but the armor bonus is higher, as well as the chance to stagger. Amount of magicka drained per hit is expressed directly as a percent of damage taken, increasing with the Mage Armor perk. Players wearing armor can't benefit fully from armor spells, this way paying less magicka than normal. As an example, a character using Oakflesh with no perk and wearing armor will drain only 2.5% of all damage taken as magicka. On the other hand, a fully perked character with Ebonyflesh and no armor will drain as much as 50% of all damage taken.
- When a character getting full benefits from an armor spell is hit and does not have enough magicka to pay, then the full effect is temporally disabled until at least 15% of maximum magicka is recovered. The spell itself is not dispelled, it's just downgraded to a lesser version that gives less armor than normal and has a lower stagger chance (the same lesser effect applied to armored users).
- Transmute requires filled gems to work, but not always consume them. There's a chance involved. The spell will always favor the use of smaller gems, and each gem size has a different chance to break. So, if there are filled Petty gems available in inventory, the spell will probably break a few after some channeling. However, if only Grand gems are available, the transmutation can probably go on for a long time before consuming anything.
NOTE: Some powerful spells can instantly kill targets that fail to resist, mostly from Restoration and Illusion school. For such spells, enemies up to half the caster's level are always unable to resist, and die instantly. In the same way, enemies above this level threshold can also die, but must be below 35% health to be affected. And finally, enemies above the caster's level can't be affected at all by kill effects.
- Fixed an issue that was causing staves to consume less magicka than intended.
- Minion upkeep changed to reserve a portion of maximum magicka, instead of increasing spell costs.
- Changed some abilities acquired by the Familiar (updated information below, under Familiar Abilities).
- Skull of Corruption staff will now scale with Illusion skill.
- Equilibrium spell now drains a percent of maximum health, and should no longer be affected by difficulty level (vanilla issue).
- Mystic Binding perk now has a smoother curve, granting more damage at lower magicka thresholds.
- Atronach perk decreased to 15% absorb (from 30%), but now also gives immunity to stagger effects.
- Necromage perk changed to cut incoming heals by half, in exchange for 15% damage reduction and 15% less spell costs.
- Mage Armor perk now allows any one piece of armor to be worn in a disabled armorless state, giving no armor rating.
- A few more minor vanilla fixes forwarded from USKP.
- Healing spells set back to full damage against undead.
- Grand Healing now instantly heals the caster 150 points, but nearby allies/undead only get half that effect.
- Staff of Magnus and Miraak's Staff now scale correctly with Alteration skill level.
- Increased the stagger chance for wall spells.
- Increased the health threshold necessary to trigger Avoid Death to 50% (from 35%).
- Each master perk now also grants the caster a passive power related to that school, which triggers under certain circumstances.
- [Master Destruction]: periodically calls down fire, frost or electric blasts to strike nearby foes.
- [Master Restoration]: periodically spawns healing surges on yourself or nearby allies when at low health.
- [Master Illusion]: periodically assaults the mind of nearby foes, confusing them or even killing weaker ones.
- [Master Conjuration]: periodically restores the health of nearby minions or harm hostile ones.
- [Master Alteration]: periodically purges the elemental resistances from nearby foes.
- Flames, Frostbite, Sparks and Healing Hands fixed to have the usual quick casting time.
- Dremora Lord now scales with 75% of player level (from 100%).
- Dead Thrall and Atronach Thralls now last for 150 seconds (from 90).
- Thralls set back to their normal size, but now got a new visual effect.
- Rank 2 of Necromancy now allows three active unstable reanimations (up from two).
- Wards should now drain some magicka when used against dragon abilities.
- Healing spells are now only half as effective when used to harm undead.
- Staff of Magnus no longer stops channeling when switching from magicka to health.
- Staff of Jyrik Gauldurson now correctly applies its intended blessing (vanilla issue).
- Enchantment potions should now work correctly with USKP.
- Several other minor fixes forwarded from USKP.
- Dual casting modifiers changed to 2.3x/2.5x.
- All master spells now have a casting time of 2s (from 3s).
- Mastery perks in all schools now also will allow the caster to arcane bind staves, as long as that spell is known. Arcane bind allows staves to benefit from the usual spell cost reduction of mastery perks and also give exp, at the expense of some magicka during each cast.
- Dual casting perks now also boost staves under arcane bind, increasing their damage or duration, at the cost of some more magicka drain.
- Most unique staves were boosted to cast improved versions of existing spells, but arcane bind won't work on these special weapons.
- Necromancy now has three ranks: First one softens upkeep penalties. Second one allows dual unstable undead. Third one allows the player to cast Healing Hands on reanimated undead to decompose them into bursts of energy that recover magicka and damage nearby living enemies.
- Atromancy has three ranks as well: First one softens the upkeep. Second one allows atronachs to get an armor effect when near their master. Third one allows the player to cast Flames, Frostbite and Sparks to energize atronachs, healing them and applying an elemental cloak.
- Armor spells now give some armor rating even when the user is wearing armor, but not near as much as the armorless version.
- Wards changed to consume magic only on spell absorption. They now work as mana shields, absorbing part of the damage as magicka. Stronger wards have a higher transfer ratio.
- Feedback now allows wards to retaliate any absorbed damage instead of reflecting specific spells. Timing the ward will increase the retaliation power.
- Cloaks now last 30s (from 60s), but also give protection against the opposed element (the opposed of shock is shock itself).
- Unstable Reanimation does not apply stat penalties to the subject anymore, but now requires upkeep as other reanimations.
- Magelight now has unlimited 'charges'. Lights stuck on allies will dispel when the caster is sneaking.
- Soul Trap no longer deals damage over time when used against the player.
- Thralls fixed to no longer vary in duration according to the caster's magic resist.
- Now the player can have up to 3 runes simultaneously.
- Increased the stagger change on Lightning Storm.
- Volsung mask fixed to be correctly considered weightless by Mage Armor.
- Fixed an issue where reanimated bodies could sometimes not be reanimated again after death.
- Armor spells cast by NPCs now have limited stagger charges against the player.
- Flaming Familiar once more dispels other summons, but the explosion damage was increased.
- Sanguine Rose fixed to no longer fail with Elemental Potency (vanilla issue).
- (Dragonborn) Augments should no longer affect chaos damage.
- Staves are back to default casting time.
- Dead Thrall now slays all nearby living targets that fail to resist, then reanimates nearby bodies for 90 seconds.
- Atronach Thralls are now stronger and larger, but last only 90 seconds. They also come with a explosion at their summoning spot.
- Flame Thrall comes with a fiery explosion that deals damage and sets nearby enemies on fire.
- Frost Thrall comes with a blast of cold that deals damage and freezes nearby enemies.
- Storm Thrall comes with a stormy burst that deals damage and throws enemies in the air.
- Dragonhide now only decreases physical damage, but costs less magicka.
- Fire Storm now cost the same as Blizzard.
- Rally health and stamina base bonuses increased to 50 (from 25).
- Call to Arms health and stamina base bonus increased to 75 (from 25).
- Familiar now scales better with player level.
- Influences now scale better at higher skill levels, specially with uncapper mods that allow skills above 100.
- (Dawnguard) Vampire's Bane now deals +50% damage against all vampires instead of only weaker ones.
- Familiar no longer shares life with the caster, yet still shares abilities.
- Familiar will now try to stay behind the player while sneaking.
- Novice destruction spells now also benefit from Impact.
- Removed annoying sound from Atromancy, when atronachs leave a certain radius.
- Dragonhide fixed to no longer halve the power of healing spells.
- Flaming Familiar description fixed.
- All scrolls now can be found on sale and be sold (vanilla issue).
- Decreased cost for Flames, Frostbite and Spike, as well as the armor and wall spells.
- Weight and armor rating of Dragon Masks rolled back to normal.
- Mage Armor now also allows the weight of Dragon Masks to be ignored for effects that require no armor.
- Augment perks now also give protection against the associated element, but vulnerability to the other ones.
- Blizzard base damage decreased to 15 per second (from 25).
- Close Wounds now heal over 5 seconds (from 3).
- Invisibility is now only active while channeling the spell.
- Paralysis effects now only work while the target is above 50% health.
- Candlelight and cloak spells are now simply turned off while sneaking, not dispelled.
- Sunburst now is centered on the caster and blinds everyone around.
- Mystic Binding is now the perk that gives damage bonus to bound weapons according to available magicka.
- Soul Stealer now also completely removes the cost of bound weapons.
- Healing spells fixed to no longer hurt friendly undead targets.
- Necromage now allows vampires to fully benefit from healing spells, otherwise they get only partial heal.
- Familiar now lasts 7 days, grows stronger with time, and also shares health and abilities with the caster. Part of all damage taken by the familiar is absorbed and transferred to the caster, while health gained by the caster will heal the familiar as well. It also gains special abilities according to specific perks the caster acquires from all schools of magic.
- (Dawnguard) Sun Fire and Vampire's Bane now also set the target on fire, causing additional damage over a few seconds.
- (Dawnguard) Soul Cairn rituals are now just suspended while sneaking instead of being dispelled, and are correctly dispelled when other summon spells are cast.
- Changed animation for Atromancy protection when near atronachs.
- Soul Stealer damage bonus increased to up to +30 at skill level 100.
- Bound bow damage increased, and bound arrows now scale with skill level.
- Nightmare now affects fear-like illusions, causing damage over time and can sometimes kill.
- Phantasmal Killer changed to Blood Lust, which affects frenzy-like spells and heals the frenzied target over time. Part of the accumulated health gained is then transferred to the caster when the effect ends.
- Time frame available to make Feedback work on wards is now doubled when dual casting.
- Spells reflected by wards are now automatically aimed back at the original caster.
- Respite fixed to no longer restore stamina of enemies and non-living targets (vanilla bug).
- Close Wounds and Grand Healing now heal over a few seconds instead of being instantaneous.
- Vampires can no longer benefit from healing spells, unless they take the Necromage perk.
- Avoid Death now applies a protective shield on the target while at low health, decreasing all damage taken by half. Dual casting doubles the shield power.
- Heal Other and Necrotic Healing decreased to magnitude 50 (from 75).
- Healing spells cast on others now will harm undead targets.
- (Dawnguard) Undead healing spells now will stagger living targets.
- (Dawnguard) Vampire's Bane now deals double damage against weaker vampires.
- Dual casting, using potions and being a vampire now give bonuses through the entire duration of influences.
- Master of the Mind now increases duration of influences by 50%, which also affects the intervals between resist checks.
- Level cap for instant death effect for Guardian Circle, Bane of the Undead and Sunburst increased to 25.
- Necromage perk now also allows vampires to not get harmed by their own holy spells.
- Timing for spell reflection and stagger from Feedback increased to 1.5 seconds (from 1.0).
- Seeker will now quickly detect life for the caster only once every 10 seconds.
- (Dragonborn) Bound daggers fixed to be silent and also have correct dagger animations (vanilla bug).
- Added a new .esp file for Dragonborn users.
- Fixed an urgent issue with Illusion spells not benefiting from dual cast at all.
- Dual casting illusions now give double success chance on the first resist check instead of only +50%.
- Dual casting cost increased to 2.0 (from 1.7). There are enough reasons to dual cast already.
- Disintegrate now occurs more often on all shock spells, but the health limit has decreased.
- Lightning Storm damage increased back to 75 (from 50) and can now trigger Disintegrate more often.
- Regeneration now is called Radiance, which also increases sunlight damage.
- Circle of Protection and Guardian Circle should no longer stagger vampire players.
- Harmony fixed to correctly show up as a Master spell.
- Most conjurations now scale according to the player level.
- Haunt can now search new targets when the original dies, before coming back to heal the caster.
- Soul trap effects now only trap souls inside correct sized gems, also fixing issues with inventory stacking and gem dropping. Old bugged filled gems in inventory will eventually be overwritten with new souls correctly trapped.
- Paralyze and Mass Paralysis will now only work at full duration against targets with low health or stamina.
- Increased Dragonhide duration to 90 seconds (from 60).
- Transmute is now a concentration spell that continually transmutes ores, favoring iron to silver, but can consume soul gems.
- Armor spells got a magnitude boost, and will now drain magicka according to the damage taken on each hit. All armor spells now only give protection when not wearing armor, but they can also stagger attackers, which works even with armor worn.
- Changed animations of armor spells and Dragonhide.
- Dragonhide fixed to be affected by potions, lasting longer.
- (Dawnguard) Soul Cairn summons cast by NPCs should no longer consume the player's health.
- (Dawnguard) Soul Cairn summons now apply a ritual for 90 seconds hat will continually spawn minions.
- (Dragonborn) All spells were revised to work according to Empowered Magic changes.
- (Dragonborn) Ignite and Freeze now work as weaker on-demand versions of Intense Flames and Deep Freeze.
- (Dragonborn) Conjured Seeker will continually detect life for the caster, and is affected by Atromancy.
- (Dragonborn) Conjured Ash Spawn is tougher and is affected by Necromancy.
- Ward Absorb perk changed to Feedback, which allows wards to reflect bolt spells and stagger attackers when timed right.
- Familiar now lasts 24 hours and is dispelled while sneaking.
- Thralls now last 24 hours.
- Runes can now be dual-cast for double damage.
- Blizzard no longer gets stronger or weaker according to the caster resistances (vanilla bug fixed).
- Flaming Familiar now works correctly at Conjuration level 50.
- Fixed a bug that was increasing Illusion success chances even without the Incantation perk.
- (Dawnguard) Aetherial Staff summons now last 5 minutes and don't fail when the caster has magic absorption.
- Added a new compatibility .esp file for Dawnguard users.
- Soul Trap now also deals a small damage over time.
- Cost of Sunburst and Wards decreased.
- Alteration armors now have an internal cooldown to not drain magicka all the time while in melee fights.
- Some Illusion perks changed to affect only specific spells.
- Necromancy and Atromancy now decrease minion upkeep instead of increasing duration.
- Most conjurations and reanimations now last 5 minutes by default.
- Conjure Familiar is now permanent, like thralls.
- Flaming Familiar damage now scales with skill level.
- Fixed issue with Telekinesis.
- (Dawnguard) The new light spells scale with level correctly.
- (Dawnguard) The new aura deals 5 damage per second and gives vulnerability to physical damage.
- (Dawnguard) The new summons last 30 seconds and require a payment in health, but they regenerate and get tougher the more blood is paid.
- Fixed issue preventing Vampire's Seduction to work against the Moth Priest in a Dawnguard.
- First Blood now also allows sneak attacks with runes against unaware targets.
- Rune damage decreased back to 50.
- Illusions now work on friendly and neutral targets. Fear and fury are considered hostile spells.
- Reanimations no longer consume the body, except for Unstable Reanimation.
- Necromancy perk allows dual Unstable Reanimations simultaneously.
- Atromancy perk gives resistance against spells of the same element as your close proximity Atronach.
- Rune Master perk changed to First Blood, which allows sneak attacks with bolt spells.
- Runes now deal 75 damage and cause stagger by default.
- Sunburst now also blinds targets in area.
- Soul Stealer now also increases bound weapons damage according to available magicka.
- Haunt damage increased.
- Morokei mask fixed to really decrease shouts cooldown.
- Damage of Destruction expert level bolts decreased to 65.
- Regeneration perk now increases healing costs by 15% in exchange for the additional magnitude.
- Haunt now also causes slow while in effect.
- Mystic Binding now also decreases cost by half.
- Quiet Casting now only works when sneaking and completely hidden.
- Staves scale the same way as spells, but most have now an increased casting time.
- Bodies reanimated by staves now correctly disintegrate when the spell expires.
- Staff of Thunderbolts fixed to really cast Thunderbolts instead of Lightning Bolts.
- Summoner perk fixed. There was an issue where players could get the benefits of higher ranks by only getting the first rank of this perk.
- Damage from Nightmare perk decreased, but magicka transfer from Dream Feeder increased.
- Regeneration now has only one rank with +25% healing power (still scales with level).
- Calm now correctly displays as an Apprentice spell.
- Halt Undead, Constrain Undead and Haunt are now mind influences, thus not stacking with illusions.
- Calmed targets do not become immune to other mind influences anymore while affected.
- Increased the radius of Magelight and Candlelight.
- Decreased the cost of bound weapons.
- Augment perks now reach a total of +50% damage when maxed, but also increase costs by 35%.
- Damage of cloak spells decreased to 5, and element resistance debuff is now -15%.
- Haunt now affects any hostile target, including undead, daedra and automatons.
- Skills don't decrease spell costs anymore, but most higher level spells got their base cost decreased to compensate.
- Destruction expert bolts had their damage dropped to 75.
- Augment perks now also increase the cost of associated spells.
- Dragonhide now lasts one minute, but costs more magicka.
- Repel Undead is now correctly giving experience when used.
- Minions now hinder spell casting by increasing costs instead of decreasing maximum magic.
- Expel Daedra replaced by Haunt.
- Dual casting now only doubles the spell magnitude, but costs less magicka as well.
- Slow effects should no longer stay indefinitely on the player.
- Cloaks now are automatically dispelled when sneaking, the same way as Candlelight.
- Summons now require upkeep and also will transfer health to the caster with Everlasting Transfusion.
- Candlelight now lasts 5 minutes and will be dispelled when sneaking.
- Decreased the armor rating of armor spells and wards.
- Fire Storm fixed to not knock down the caster anymore.
- Mass Soul Trap changed back to Expel Daedra, which is now an area banish.
- Armor rating given by Alteration armor spells slightly decreased.
- Soul Trap damage over time removed, so that this becomes completely compatible to Acquisitive Soul Gems.
- Mind influences won't work anymore on friendly and neutral targets.
- Alteration armor spells now drain magicka when the caster is hit.
- Slightly increased the slow applied by frost spells.
- Duration of light and waterbreathing spells returned to 1 minute.
- Illusion mechanics changed to make influences last longer and benefit more from dual cast.
- Fixed some bound weapons that were not being conjured correctly.
- Fixed name of a few spell tomes.
- Intense Flames now causes a strong debuff, which makes targets to take much more damage.
- Fixed issue that was making item enchantments more powerful due to skill scaling.
- Enemies will now have a harder time trying to resist Illusion spells.
- Effects of perks Incantation and Master of the Mind switched.
- Intense Flames now causes a strong damage over time instead of fear.
- Fixed bug with Soul Trap. Now it should work correctly.
- Added changes to all magic schools.
- Installing single files with changes to specific schools is unfortunately no longer possible.
- Destruction sequential perks changed to increase both Destruction damage and cost.
- Cost of all Destruction spells decreased to compensate.
- Added the option to install an all-in-one file vs single files.
- Some bugs fixed.
- First release, with changes to only Destruction and Alteration.