Stardew Valley

File information

Last updated

Original upload

Created by

LenneDalben

Uploaded by

LenneDalben

Virus scan

Safe to use

About this mod

Villagers request cooked meals on the bulletin board, after you've learned the recipe and have a kitchen! Also checks if you have a mod that adds a kitchen to the first farmhouse.

Requirements
Permissions and credits
Changelogs




Have you ever wanted cooking to have a little more use, and thought to yourself, "it would be great if the villagers in town would ask for cooked meals, so I could make more use of the recipes I've learned"? Well you're in luck!

With Townies Need Food, villagers will ask for cooked meals you can make in the kitchen, and reward you with gold! Like with vanilla quests, you may also gain friendship with them on completing the quest. You'll have 5 days to complete these quests, rather than only 2 days.
For the quests to show up on the bulletin board, you must know the recipe, and you must have a kitchen, either from the first house upgrade, or from one of the mods listed in the Compatibility section.




This is another mod I've secretly wanted for ages, because you don't really use cooking much in-game. You might end up with your favorite recipes that you like to make for the buffs, and sometimes you may gift some of the dishes to NPCs to befriend them, but that's it.

With Townies Need Food, NPCs will request cooked meals throughout the year, after you've learned the recipe and have a kitchen. They request every vanilla recipe, with the exceptions of: Strange Bun (because no one in town likes it), and Pale Broth and Algae Soup (I've no good reason for excluding these, I just did :I ). You may notice that the NPCs also ask for recipes they enjoy, hint hint~ The villagers only ask for vanilla recipes (base game), no PPJA / JA recipes. 

There's a spoiler quest guide under Miscellaneous files.




This mod requires SMAPI, Content Patcher (CP), and Quest Framework (QF) to work.




You have 4 files to choose from:

In all versions, you will have 5 days to complete the quests. For the quests to show up on the bulletin board, you must know the recipe, and you must have a kitchen, either from the first house upgrade, or from one of the mods listed in the Compatibility section. Those mods are optional and are not required for functionality, but Townies Need Food will recognize if you have them installed.

Main File:
The quests repeat every year, and have a random chance of being offered on their specific days. For most quests, that chance is 60%. For quests that are back to back (i.e. offered on days 5, 6, and 7), the middle one has a reduced chance (40%). The random chance is to spread the quests out a bit, and provide more longevity to the mod.

Optional Files:
  • Completionist: quests do not repeat every year, and have the same random chance to appear as the main file (60% for most, 40% for back to back)
  • Sparse: quests repeat every year, and have a reduced random chance to appear (30% for most, 10% for back to back)
  • Sparse Completionist: quests do not repeat every year, and have the same random chance to appear as the Sparse file (30% for most, 10% for back to back)




Townies Need Food will recognize if you have one of the following mods installed, so quests will show up on the bulletin board before you have the first house upgrade:

Additionally, Townies Need Food is compatible with QuestDelay by BadNetCode.




1. Install SMAPI (version 3.6.1 or higher)
2. Install Content Patcher (CP) (version 1.18 or higher)
3. Install Quest Framework (QF)
4. Unzip the mod folder of your choosing into Stardew Valley/Mods.
5. Play the game using SMAPI!





⚠️⚠️⚠️
Make sure you complete any quests you had in your journal from Townies Need Food before you update, otherwise the quests will disappear from your journal.⚠️⚠️⚠️Then, follow the install instructions above.




⚠️⚠️⚠️Make sure you complete or cancel any quests you had in your journal from Townies Need Food first.⚠️⚠️⚠️
Delete the folders for this mod from your Stardew Valley/Mods folder.




 to PurrplingCat, author of Quest Framework (QF), without them, this mod wouldn't be possible. Extra thanks to PurrplingCat for their continued help in the Stardew Valley Discord with troubleshooting. 
Jonqora, for ideas and suggestions that were incorporated in this mod. Jonqora was also INSTRUMENTAL in creating the Content Patcher (CP) component. Jonqora, you are a legend <3
Pathoschild, author of SMAPI and Content Patcher, without them, this mod wouldn't be possible either.
Thanks very much to kdau for creating the Stardew Scroll Generator, to make the mod description headings nicer and more on brand :)



Check out my other mods here!

Psst, looking for recommended mods? Check out my modlist!


Tiny reminder: endorse the mod if you like it. It means more people will see it, and it makes the author happy. :)