Last updated at 11:15, 17 Feb 2017 Uploaded at 11:15, 17 Feb 2017
This is Random Alternate Start Reborn by snbcj ported, fixed and improved for Skyrim Special Edition, an already modded version of the original Random Alternate Start by Syclonix.
Requires Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch installed.
Be anyone you want to be. Choose from many different loadouts then get randomly thrown somewhere in the vast land of Skyrim. Will you end up in the royal court of Solitude's magnificent Blue Palace or will you end up at the bottom of a dark, dank, necromancer-infested mine shaft and have to fight your way up to the surface? You will never enter Skyrim the same way twice!
What will your story be?
- Choose from 21 class starting kits each with it's own semi-random loadout.
- Start in one of 460+ locations in Skyrim.
- The Main Quest thread can be picked up by investigating rumors of dragons near Helgen.
- Very light footprint ensures clean integration with the main quest and maximum compatibility with other mods.
- Wait Timer options to allow setting up mods (and future MCM menus) before randomly warping to a start location.
- Custom empty CharGen location.
Random Alternate Start Reborn is compatible with virtually all other mods, except for other alternate start/quickstart mods.
Download using Nexus Mod Manager or download manually and copy all files in the folder to Skyrim's 'Data' folder then enable the 'Random Alternate Start Reborn SE.esp' file. Load order does not matter.
To uninstall this mod, simply disable the 'Random Alternate Start Reborn SE.esp' file and delete all the related files from Skyrim's 'Data' folder.
- If you experience crashing, hanged loading screens, continuous loading, or broken dialog for the Whiterun Gate Guard or Jarl Balgruuf you need to move the "Random Alternate Start Reborn SE.esp" to the bottom of your load order.
- Memory intensive hair mods can cause crashes at character generation.
- Mods that alter the game's time scale may cause the "double menu bug". To prevent this, disable any time scale mods when starting a new game then re-enable them after your character has spawned into the world.
Version 1.0 - Released 17/02/2017
- Initial Release.
CREDITS AND PERMISSIONS:
- The source code for this mod is included for personal use. Please do not publically modify or redistribute this mod without authors permissions.
- Thanks and credit to Syclonix for the original mod.
- Thanks and credit to snbcj for the modded version.
- Thanks and credit to --JawZ-- for the Wait Timer script.
- "Thank you Bethesda for making my all time favorite games and providing us with the tools to mod them." by Syclonix
- "Thank you Arthmoor, Alexander J. Velicky, JustinOther, Scaredwolf, and all the other great people on the Bethesda and Nexus forums." by Syclonix