Last updated at 14:11, 3 Mar 2015 Uploaded at 8:30, 11 Dec 2013
-v1.2 and v0.1 Orcrist - Scripts by DragonDude1029 added. Scripts make orcrist glowing when enemies are nearby(require SKSE).
(note): v0.1 have many issues(I'm not scripter and I can't fix this):
- Reequip when falmers are nearby.
- Script has option: you can chose between orcs and falmers. Orcs option doesn't work.
- Sometimes glowing one doesn't change to normal Orcrist(After reload game I think).
Hey, everyone. Orcrist or Goblin cleaver is the weapon of the Dwarf Lord Thorin Oakenshield from Tolkien's novel, The Hobbit. I've been looking for good version of Orcrist sword for Skyrim for a long time and decided to make my own mod. I'm a big fan of Isl's work and tried to make my sword the same quality as her swords. Also I like her Spiderbane and decided to make the glowing version of Ocrist(Yeah I know it does not appear to glow blue in an Unexpected Journey, but "Orcrist was like Glamdring and Sting in that 'being the work of Elvish smiths in the Elder Days these swords shone with a cold light, if any Orcs were near at hand, and so warned their bearers of nearby evil").
Both versions of Orcrist are craftable in Skyforge(glowing one requires standart version), upgradable and can be enchanted. Also both versions has scabbards, hi-res hand-painted textures(4096x2048), realistic materials with reflection(thanks Isilmeriel for this).
Please endorse, if you like it and upload your own screenshots :)
Installation(c'mon! you know how to do this, aren't you?):
- Unrar the RAR file to "Data" folder of Skyrim's main folder,
- enable Orcrist.esp,
- Get the elven smithing perk if you haven't,
- Standart and glowing Orcrist versions are craftable in Skyforge.
- Bethesda for the Great and Powerful Skyrim :)
- WETA for awesome weapon design
- Isilmeriel for shader settings and shine tex(and for great LoTR Weapon Collection)
- Millenia for tutorial and help
- DragonDude1029 for scripts
- All people who making cool screenshots
-v1.1: Added two-handed version(Can be crafted in Skyforge, requires 1H version of the sword)
-v1.1.1: Fixed scabbard, less power of specular on the blade
-v1.2: Fixed normal map and env map. Added orcrist without scabbard(for ones who dislike scabbard). You can craft Orcrist in Elven section and scabbard in Misc section in Skyforge.
Please, do not reupload or use any part of my mods in your own without my permission. Thanks and sorry for my english.