Fallout New Vegas
9mm Carbine Preview

Image information

Added on

Uploaded by

SHAD0WC0BRA

About this image

Might make it use .45 Auto for DLC players. It's based on the Marlin Camp Carbine, which was available in both 9mm and .45 ACP, though the grip is an unrealistic addition done to ensure the weapon works with New Vegas' animations. It's my goal to create pistol-caliber carbines in New Vegas for 9mm, 10mm, 5mm, and .45 Auto. If I can successfully model a Hi-Point Carbine or something resembling it with Nifskope, maybe I'd even add .380 ACP to the game.

4 comments

1. MuteSignals
    MuteSignals
    • premium
    • 158 kudos
    this is a nice piece man, excellent nifbashing with no visible UV stretching. More .45 auto guns would be great especially as its oddly one of the few ammo types with unique ammo variant boxes.
    1. SHAD0WC0BRA
      SHAD0WC0BRA
      • premium
      • 67 kudos
      The most interesting thing about this model is that, while the cutout looks like it's in the same shape as on the Riot Shotgun, it's a hole in the texture, not the model. The side of the Riot Shotgun where the charging handle is causes bad UV problems when scaling it... So instead, I took the other side, mirrored it, stitched together that (very useful) charging handle cutout piece from the Silenced .22 SMG into the proper shape, and then edited the texture with trial and error until I had deleted all of the pixels inside of that area. I learned a number of things with Blender making this that I had never realized or used before.

I noticed that about the ammo boxes and I wonder if maybe it was related to the development time. I made a bunch of custom ammo boxes for Rifle and Handgun Ammo Overhaul that are variants much like the .45 Auto Honest Hearts variants. Maybe I should release just those textures as a standalone mod.
    2. MuteSignals
      MuteSignals
      • premium
      • 158 kudos
      In response to post #120813120. #120893262 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler:  
      Show

MuteSignals wrote: this is a nice piece man, excellent nifbashing with no visible UV stretching. More .45 auto guns would be great especially as its oddly one of the few ammo types with unique ammo variant boxes.

SHAD0WC0BRA wrote: The most interesting thing about this model is that, while the cutout looks like it's in the same shape as on the Riot Shotgun, it's a hole in the texture, not the model. The side of the Riot Shotgun where the charging handle is causes bad UV problems when scaling it... So instead, I took the other side, mirrored it, stitched together that (very useful) charging handle cutout piece from the Silenced .22 SMG into the proper shape, and then edited the texture with trial and error until I had deleted all of the pixels inside of that area. I learned a number of things with Blender making this that I had never realized or used before.

I noticed that about the ammo boxes and I wonder if maybe it was related to the development time. I made a bunch of custom ammo boxes for Rifle and Handgun Ammo Overhaul that are variants much like the .45 Auto Honest Hearts variants. Maybe I should release just those textures as a standalone mod.

sounds good
    3. SHAD0WC0BRA
      SHAD0WC0BRA
      • premium
      • 67 kudos
      I can't see the video anymore but I'll keep it in mind if I run into a situation where adding another part to the animation would help!