Last updated at 15:21, 14 Sep 2017 Uploaded at 8:55, 25 Jun 2016
ATTENTION Upgrade process below. Do not ask me about any part of the mod not working unless you upgrade properly
- Dismiss Dogmeat
- save your game
- uninstall the old version.
- Make sure you remove all files related to old version
- Load your game back up
- Ask Dogmeat to follow you again - make sure the pet option is gone
- Dismiss Dogmeat again - this should completely refresh the vanilla quest
- Save the game again (clean save)
- Quit the game
- Install new version.
- All should work. You will need to re-add the leash and or dog toy via console or by crafting.
- Double Pet Bug should be totally fixed.
- Pet option removed until you first meet Dogmeat
- Added ability to Call Dogmeat from anywhere anytime, even while you have another companion using the dog leash. You can now whistle for Dogmeat to follow you from anywhere in the wasteland. If Dogmeat is already your companion you will order him around instead.
- Added ability to pet any non hostile dogs including junkyard dog or non hostile raider dogs. should work with most modded companion dogs as well if they use standard dog races. compatibility patches are easily made
- Removed the ability to use the Squeaky dog toy to call dog meat. Instead, you can give Dogmeat any Red rocket Toy you find in the world and he will play with it like the teddy bear (may add more toys in the future)
- Additional Script optimization
- Pet Script re-written from scratch to include other dogs and fix bugs
- Re-wrote Scripts for further optimization.
- Added Pet option to dog meat when player is close enough. you do not need to engage Dogmeat in dialogue any more
- Removed Pet option from dialogue. Vanilla Dogmeat quest now untouched, no vanilla records altered mod should be compatible with everything now.
- Added dog whistle Animation - May remove this if people find it annoying, It seems pretty cool and balanced to me
- Tiny bug fix for chem lab duplicate category and Dogmeat eating treat when player is too far away
Allows you to pet and feed Dogmeat treats with animations and buffs, as well as whistle for Dogmeat and command Dogmeat from anywhere in the world with the press of a button
How it works
1. To Pet Dogmeat - Walk up to dog Meat and press the pet button
2. Feeding Dogmeat Treats - Works exactly like Dogmeats TeddyBear. Walk up to him and select the option to trade with him. Give him a dog treat, he will come up and take the treat from your hand. The mod comes with custom sound effects of a real dog eating :). The treats you give him will disappear from his inventory right away, you can't give a dog a delicious treat and expect it to stick around ;) Treats will give Dogmeat +1 strength and +1 agility for 120 seconds, plus restore a bit of health. Treats are craft-able at the cooking station for 1 Brahmin steak, 1 box of sugar bombs and 1 can of dog food. Each recipe gives you 12 dog treats. The player can also eat the treats, but it won't give you the same buffs. It will reduce hunger in survival mode and add a bit of health though.
3. Call/interact with Dogmeat from anywhere - Craft Dogmeats leash. Use it to call Dogmeat from anywhere. Just whistle, and he will show up or obey your commands
4. New Dog toys - Red Rocket Squeaky toy. Give dog meat his fav red rocket squeaky toy. He will play with it. Any standard vanilla Red Rocket toy in the game world should work.
All scripts are optimized and cleaned up for final release
ESP cleaned with FO4edit
video demonstration, shows older version
Big thanks to Tyrannicon for featuring the video! Review begins at 2:40 (shows older version)
1. Don't give dog meat more than 1 set of treats at a time, I. E. Give him one, give him another. Giving a group of treats is fine (but won't have any extra effects other than wasting treats)
2. Feeding treats animation doesn't always play perfectly in first person when Dogmeat is NOT flagged as your follower. - as long as he is your follower its fine. (Need to test this in new version may not be true anymore)
CWSS Redux - By steve40 and FlipDeezy
Havea Beer -animated Drinks
SmokeableCigars -cigarettes- Joints
Pet Feed Call Dogmeat
WorkingSanctuary Shower - Proof of concept
Vault-TecActivewear - Rolled Up Jeans fix
Also please checkout
CannabisCommonwealth - by Gambit77 - DoomBased - Nephatrine -and FlipDeezy - Now Includes my Joint and blunt animations
The Original Craftableshowers - by Steve40 - Based on My Sanctuary shower proof of concept
Buildyour Own Pool - by Akarnan - Shower head item Based on My Sanctuary shower proof of concept
Steve40 - Learned a ton working with him, has helped me make my mods much better in general
FadingSignal -He's one of my fav modders, this mod is heavily inspired by his work. Hopefully I am not stepping on his toes with this. I borrowed a bunch of ideas from him here and re-created them with my own twist.
KKTheBeast - For helping me make my pages look about 1000 times better
Dexesttp/hkxpack -Thank you for this awesome tool!