Last month, we put a news post
onto the site giving everyone an update as to the current state of Nexus Mod Manager version 2 and at the bottom of this news post we advertised a contract position for a UX/UI Designer. Despite receiving a number of applications, we have yet to find the individual who we believe can help us to create an intuitive, yet powerful piece of software. We are looking first and foremost at recruiting a member of our community who has the skills and abilities listed below to steer the interface design over the next few months.
This position will entail approximately 10-15 hours of work a week on a freelance paid contract basis (to be negotiated), you will be working closely with the Nexus Mod Manager v2 development team via our team Slack.
Details on how to apply are below.UX/UI Designer
This particular role will require the applicant to have an understanding of design principles, user personas and of course, the various current mod tools that are available to users.Responsibilities:
- - Work with our team to create the UI for our new 'Mod Manager' from wireframe to implementation.
- - Provide visuals such as concepts and journey flows.
- - Provide advice and ideas to enhance the User Experience.
- - Provide own ideas while also adhering to team requirements.
- - Produce HTML and CSS for primary interface and additional themes.
- - A team player with a sense of humour
- - Previous professional experience within a UI/UX position.
- - A thorough understanding of how a user interface is essential to a smooth user experience.
- - Be an expert of known design packages such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or Sketch and prototyping tools such as Balsamiq, Marvel or Invisionapp.
- - Excellent organisational skills.
- - Strong communication skills both verbally and written (English).
- - Experience with React
- - Experience with Bootstrap
- - Lives in Europe, east coast US or similar time zone.
In order to apply, please send an email to [email protected]
detailing why you would be suitable for the role, attached to this email we would also like:
- - Your up to date CV / Resume
- - A quick (no more than a couple of hours) wireframe, sketch or mockup example of your vision for the 'Mod Page' in the mod manager. The "Mod page" is the page that displays all the mods the user currently has installed or downloaded (the mods tab in NMM).