Last updated at 18:27, 12 Aug 2017 Uploaded at 22:35, 21 Jul 2017
Go, where no one else dared to.
Devil's Pit Mod offers you a chance to visit unused area of caverns located at the Devil's Pit quarry along with numerous enhancements to the area and additional content that can be enjoyed within the base game.
Please read: This is the initial 0.92 release, certain aspects of this mod are not finalized yet and some content is still missing/unfinished (mainly dialogues, lore flavoring, additional item and background npc placement). Most importantly please note that THERE IS NO QUEST AND INTERACTIONS WITH IORVETH AND SASKIA.
Over 19 new items, including but not limited to:
- Alkaline bomb - Alkaline bomb capable of neutralizing most vicous acids, rendering enemies unable to use acid based attacks.
- Battlemages essence - Potion enhancing stamina for caster builds.
- Bear trap - Popular amongst hunters for hunting bears, can be used against other targets with great results.
- Fine throwing knife - Well balanced throwing knife - lethal weapon if thrown by capable hand.
- Fungi bomb - Bomb containing spores of fast growing fungus that blocks vocal chords of infected targets making them unable to use their voice.
- Glue bomb - Bomb containing resin based compound that sticks to enemies, rendering them unable to fly or move.
- Grappling bolt - Bolt with a hooked end, can be used for quick transportation - nearly useless in combat.
- Invisibility charm - A magical charm which renders its wearer invisible as long as he moves slowly.
- Mule essence - Powerful steroid which temporarily enhances maximum carry weight.
- Plaguebearer - Cursed sword capable of turning fallen foes into undead servants of the wielder.
- Salt bomb - Simple bomb containing salt, useful against spectral enemies, forcing them to take material form.
- Shaving kit - An inexpensive portable shaving kit - handy for any man that spends most of his time on the road.
- Shrapnel bomb - Crude bomb containing hundreds of miniature shrapnels capable of piercing wings of most flying enemies, forcing them to fight on ground. Whilst shrapnels are too small to cause any serious harm, they still can be used to stagger the target.
- Spring trap - Simple explosive tripwire trap, deals damage within 8 metre radius - can trigger other nearby traps within 6 meters.
- Sworddancers essence - Potion enhancing stamina for melee builds.
- Throwing knife - A cheap throwing knife - probably the handle is more lethal than the blade.
- Viper school hood - Article of clothing popular amongst witchers of the Viper school.
- Viper school throwing knife - Throwing knives favored by witchers from the school of Viper - well balanced, sharp and poisonous.
- Virus bomb - Bomb containing virus capable of crippling regenerative abilities of infected targets.
Additionally the caverns now contain a player stash and new place of power (quen).
The Devil's Pit is also now inhabited by new NPCS:
Thaddeus - Human alchemist that's hiding in the Devil's Pit caverns along with Iorveth and remainder of his Scoia'tael friends. Serves the role of a quartermaster in the encampment.
Iorveth - Former employer of the assassin of the kings, now traveling west in hopes of finding a cure for Saskia.
Saskia - Dubbed the dragon slayer, which is ironic for a green dragon. Left barely alive after events of Witcher 2 has entered coma and hasn't woken up ever since.
Victoria - A mercenary, stuck with Iorveth's group for no apparent reason - can be hired by Geralt to be his follower.
Since 0.91b Devil's Pit also has its own cooking pot! Throw in ingredients, add some Igni (double tap interaction key to ignite) and enjoy cooked meals!
- Egg, pepper, olive, mushroom, onion, pork => Omelet a'la Geralt of Rivia
- Raw meat => Fried meat
- Chicken => Roasted Chicken
- Chicken leg => Roasted chicken leg
- Fish => Fried fish
- Gutted fish => Fried fish
- Pork => Grilled pork
- Honeycomb => Fine Honey
- Bread => Burned bread
- Sweet bun => Burned sweet bun
- Apple => Baked apple
- Potatoes => Baked potato
- Onion, bottled water => onion soup
Besides all of above, Devil's Pit Mod also offers you an opportunity to test your skills against a mirror copy of your Geralt!
Summoning Stone located in the burning pit will summon a doppler wielding your exact equipment and skills. First victory over doppler will grant you the Plaguebearer steel sword.
Last but not least - the follower NPC. Player can purchase a mercenary contract from Thaddeus which will oblige Victoria to follow and serve Geralt for as long as he has the contract in his inventory. Victoria is capable of:
- Carrying your equipment.
- Playing Gwent with tournament level skills.
- Having a friendly sparring with you.
- Changing into an alternate outfit.
- Throwing knives in combat.
- Looting non-quest items from enemies she defeats (automatically added to player stash).
- Carrying torch in dark places or during the night.
- Wearing a hood to cover from rain.
WARNING, THIS IS A CONFLICTING MOD IT EDITS FOLLOWING DEFAULT SCRIPTS:
THIS MOD HAS BEEN CREATED AND CONFIRMED WORKING ON 1.31 GOTY (GOG) VERSION OF THE GAME, WHILST HAVING A GOTY OR GOG - SPECIFC VERSION SHOULD NOT BE NECESSARY, MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING 1.31 VERSION OF THE GAME!
READ: DO NOT USE NEXUS MOD MANAGER TO INSTALL THIS MOD, NMM DOES NOT SUPPORT DLC-TYPE ADDONS!
Before proceeding make sure to create a solid save file before installation of the mod - whilst i guarantee that it won't break your game, updating the mod may not work correctly on existing saves (especially the NPC). This won't display any game-breaking behavior however new features may not be added or fixed correctly.
To install this mod, unzip the contents into your Witcher 3 installation folder, making sure to overwrite the DLC and Mods folder.
All contents of the mod are seamless, after installing the mod you can enter the Devil's Pit caverns via the upper entrance located in the highest point of the quarry.
- Iorveth and Saskia have "broken faces" - To fix this issue go to your Documents\The Witcher 3 folder and open user.settings file, find [Rendering] section and find (or if it's not there - create) MeshLODDistanceScale variable and set it to 4 so it looks like so: MeshLODDistanceScale=4. Save the file and set it to read-only.
- Game doesn't boot, shows a window with a lot of text - You have a script compilation error due to either base game not being 1.31 and/or mod conflict with other script mods. In either case this is not really my problem or fault of the mod - please refer to red disclaimer below for further assistance.
Language | Author | Version | Status
- German | KNGR | 0.92 | Finished;Added in 0.91b
- Polish | SkacikPL | 0.92 | Finished;Added in 0.91b
- Russian | DJ_Kovrik | 0.92 | Finished;Added in 0.91b
- Spanish | AundiAundi | 0.92 | Finished;Added in 0.91c
- Brasilian - Portuguese | Scoutbr0 | 0.92 | Finished;Added in 0.91d
- Hungarian | ruled | 0.92 | Finished;Added in 0.91d
SHOUTOUTS AND CREDITS:
Holgar96 For the models of Iorveth and Saskia.
KNGR For help and motivation.
Scoutbr0 For help and motivation.
traderain, Sarcenzzz and rmemr For the tools.
georgetziotis For continuous and unwavering shitposting.
If you wish to show appreciation to my work, you can drop a donation.
You can contact me through one of those channels:
CDProjekt Red forums
My Nexus Mods profile page
My Steam profile
My Reddit profile