- img 3 loading...
- img 4 loading...
- img 5 loading...
- img 6 loading...
- img 7 loading...
- img 8 loading...
- img 9 loading...
- img 10 loading...
- img 11 loading...
- img 12 loading...
- img 13 loading...
- img 14 loading...
- img 15 loading...
- img 16 loading...
- img 17 loading...
- img 18 loading...
- img 19 loading...
- img 20 loading...
- img 21 loading...
- img 22 loading...
- img 23 loading...
Last updated at 0:56, 16 Jan 2016 Uploaded at 9:27, 16 Oct 2015
The purpose of this mod is to replace old vanilla low-res textures with HD realistic & lore-friendly ones !
- Vanilla 512x512 textures changed with brand new 1024x1024 textures
- Vanilla 1024x1024 textures changed with brand new 2048x2048 textures
Textures included :
- tree barks
- fur pelts
- blood splatters
- blood pools
- horizons (no more color differences between horizon & sky)
- replace nebula sky in some area with normal starry sky for better logic
- bigger sun
- smoke effect
- improved detail map
Sounds included :
- user interface effects
- inventory items
- fist impact
- sheathe & draw for all weapons
- tavern brawl
- distant thunder
- rain (interior & exterior)
- no more ugly door sound when you leave an area
- pigeon flapping
- remove some annoying UI sound effects
- Create a folder named Override in "/The Witcher Enhanced Edition/Data" folder and copy/paste files into it.
- If you're also using the great mod Rise of the White Wolf Enhanced Edition but want to get my improved cloud textures, don't check skyboxes option during install.
- [Optional] Copy/paste files from my ENB Preset in "The Witcher Enhanced Edition/System" folder
Don't forget to endorse if you like it :)
- Permanent Bodies Mod by lexo1000
- Flash Mod by Flash
- Scabbard Mod by Ifrit (be warned that this one is a little bit buggy)
- Rise of the White Wolf Enhanced Edition
- Sex Takes Time Mod by Corylea
- The Witcher Hi-Res Character Model by Roxtar
- Better Dice for Original Witcher by Morfindeth
- -Dontforceminreqs Low Res Texture Fix by Hrvat 6
- Han Gives Han NOT Berbercane by Cory Kerens
- Leuvaarden Buys Salamandra Badges by didymos
- Missing Kalkstein and Leuvaarden Clues Fix by didymos
- TW1 All Herbs by Vandarion
The older Texturen Mod is not recommended because it's only sharpen vanilla textures without increase in resolution and makes them more pixelated (also many textures are just identical to vanilla). If you really need it, just copy my files over it.
- Use ingame antialiasing option (if you're set AA in your graphic drivers, shadows will not be displayed in-game)
- You can enhance vegetation aliasing by activate transparency AA in your graphic driver (2X or 4X, 8X is useless)
- For those who like it, V-Sync must be set to ON in graphic drivers
- To enhance compatibility, I advice to not install Steam & game in "C:/Program Files". Also, deactivate Steam overlay.
- If your language setting is reset each time you launch the game, read this tutorial.
- Use my ENB Preset to improve bloom & coloration. If ENB doesn't launch at startup, check if the game executable is NOT set as "Launch as administrator"
As you probably already know, The Witcher games are inspired by Andrzej Sapkowski universe, which is a set of fantasy short stories and six novels about the witcher Geralt of Rivia.
I really recommend to read the books because they are simply great and well written but also they explain lots of the background that CD Project Red have included in their games. Unfortunatly, some of the books are not translated yet in english (I'm french and lucky, all books are already translated ;)
If you want to read the books & novels in chronological order, check this :
Something Ends, Something Begins
- A Road With No Return
The Last Wish
- A Grain of Truth
- The Lesser Evil
- The Edge of the World
- The Last Wish
Season of Storms
The Last Wish
- A Question of Price
- The Witcher
- The Voice of Reason
Sword of Destiny
- The Bounds of Reason
- A Shard of Ice
- Eternal Flame
- A Little Sacrifice
- The Sword of Destiny
- Something More
Blood of Elves
Time of Contempt
Baptism of Fire
The Swallow's Tower
Lady of the Lake
And for the biggest fan, The World of the Witcher book is a compendium of in-universe information with many great illustrations.