Last updated at 19:13, 29 Dec 2016 Uploaded at 21:15, 12 Dec 2016
- Hide, scale, move and remove HUD elements to your liking, or use as vanilla replacement with no drawback
Autohide Compass and Crosshair
Alternative HUD elements - dot crosshair, ammo display, slim compass, left-aligned health and stamina bar animation
Normal font support
More manageable colored markers compatibility with standalone compass markers
Bonus: Better tracking for animated letters
HOW IT WORKS
Customization is done by editing skyhud.txt file located in “%SkyrimSE%\Data\Interface\skyhud” folder. The INI file is formatted to be similar with Skyrim’s INI files like Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini. Note that on first install skyhud.txt has to be installed separately.
A GUI-based configurator is currently in the making, which should relieve users from editing the config manually. For a list of possible configurations consult the included reference manual and see [CONFIGURATION CHART] section. There is no ETA for the configurator yet.
USING COMPASS AUTOHIDE FEATURE
Upon loading the game for the first time, you’ll be given 2 units of POTION OF WAYFINDER. This potion is set to replenish itself when consumed. To set a shortcut for showing compass, favorite the potion and assign a hotkey to it.
Should you lose the potions for any reason, you can open the console and type help “Potion of Wayfinder” to find the potion’s item ID and then use player.additem command on it.
Video guide and showcase:
0.60B Video Guide by Thyworm
Showcase by SurprisedRook, Jimmy Gatz, MxR, CamAndSeb, JuiceHead. Thank you!
Planned features for the full release
Done: Scale elements
Done: Visibility toggles
Done: Autohide crosshair (Unexpected!)
Done: Autohide compass (Unexpected!)
Done: Detachable compass markers
Done for Now: Move elements
Done for Now: Alternate modes
Done for Now: More options for system clock
In progress: Settings configurator with preset manager and settings preview
OPTION 1 - Mod manager
- Download SkyHUD main file by clicking Download With Manager
- Copy one of the presets manually from Presets folder in “%SkyrimSE%\Data\Interface\skyhud” into “%SkyrimSE%\Data\Interface\skyhud” or download the optional SkyHUD - Presets file and install it with mod manager
Installing preset with mod manager
- Download SkyHUD - Presets optional file by clicking Download With Manager
- Install and pick your preferred preset
OPTION 2 - Manual
- Download the mod by clicking Download Manually
- Open the archive and extract the contents of "SkyHUD" folder to your “%SkyrimSE%\Data\Interface" folder
- If you would like to use any of the premade preset, you can find them in "Presets" folder inside “%SkyrimSE%\Data\Interface\skyhud”. Copy skyhud.txt file into the main directory - “%SkyrimSE%\Data\Interface\skyhud”.
UPGRADING TO NEW VERSION
- Backup your current compassmarkerart.swf (if you use custom markers) and skyhud.ini in "skyhud"folder.
- Uninstall the previous version of SkyHUD
- Install SkyHUD 0.60B as new installation
- Install a SkyHUD 0.60B preset, with a manager through the optional download or manually
- Transfer your settings from the old INI to 0.60B’s skyhud.txt
- If you use a compatible map marker mod, restore your compassmarkerart.swf into "skyhud" folder
- If you have a map marker mod installed, check for loose hudmenu.swf in Interface folder and remove it if present or it will overwrite SkyHUD.
Please read the sticky FAQs and Troubleshooting comment before submitting any support question.
A copy of reference manual can be found either on the download page, the main archive or “%SkyrimSE%\Data\Interface\skyhud” folder. It is imperative that this manual is first read before you start tinkering with the INI file.
You can also view SkyHUD Reference Manual online here - docdroid
Russian Version by Kulac98 (v0.22B) - docdroid
This mod is NOT compatible with any mod using its own hudmenu.swf/hudmenu.gfx.
These marker mods have compatibility patch for SkyHUD:
SimpleColor Map Markers by azzendix
Colour Map Markers SE by Lazz
Pastel Map Markers by iTitoMix
You're free to share your preset (skyhud.txt) anywhere. The rest of the mod must not be included and you must state clearly what version of the mod your preset is for.
If I happen to totally vanish from online world (unreachable) for a period of at least two years, consider this mod abandoned and available for the public to do as they see fit. I can be otherwise reached on Reddit (u/Fhaarkas).
CREDITS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Bethesda for TES V Skyrim
The SkyUI team for Unofficial Skyrim UI SDK
BIG thanks to Schlangster for allowing me to use SkyUI appropriate loader, without which this mod wouldn't have happened
Fadingsignal and CDCooley to whom I owe some cool Papyrus tricks
Wenderer for FOMOD Creation Tool
The modding community at large - mod authors and users alike
Residents of Riverwood for their neverending selflessness in making sure this mod works. You (repeated) sacrifice will not be in vain
This is a list of UI mods that I can personally recommend. If you have any suggestion (as I don't play the game much) drop them in the comments!
Hide UI by fadingsignal
UI toggle hotkey (that means hiding compass!)
My Skyrim SE Mods