Last updated at 23:58, 21 Jan 2017 Uploaded at 7:19, 5 Nov 2016
Pick if a bookshelf should become an alchemy shelf, skull storage or even an armor display.
Click here for the classic Skyrim version of this mod.
Click here for the classic Skyrim version of this mod.
After an email discussion with the original author, da5id2701, I've taken over the core hosting and maintenance of this mod on the nexus.
The Original Description of this mod can now be found in the readme tab. The changelog has appropriately been moved to the changes tab though if you are looking for it.
How would you like to be able to use the WHOLE shelf to fill with books until they are packed so tight there's literally no space left?
Or use your bookshelves to display other items, whether alchemy ingredients so they are in easy reach, or rare items so you can show off?
With the updated bookshelf script written by da5id2701 you can now up to 128 books or other objects can be stored on any bookshelves using the vanilla bookshelf activator, allowing for much more storage of books in library rooms or various other displays. There is now enough room in all of the vanilla houses to store one copy of every book from the vanilla game and even more. Don't worry about what may or may not fit, just shove everything in and anything that doesn't fit will be automatically returned to you.
General Information and Requirements
-Objects bounds have been added to a lot of vanilla objects to help them sit on the bookshelves properly, and there is also support for other modded items as long as they also include object bounds. Mods that don't have their bounds properly will clip horribly with other objects or even fly out of the shelf occasionally. The time it takes to place the items generally is at the same pace as vanilla however the more items you place at once the longer it will take to place and render them all.
- The Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch is a required master file. This is because the USSEP fixes a lot of errors with the various items this mod has to edit in order to include object bounds (which stop the objects from clipping with each other) and also includes object bounds for a lot of other objects as well. I will not be maintaining a version without the USSEP as a master as that actually limits the functionality of the mod, and also is supporting unstable games for which troubleshooting will be limited. If you wish to have a non USSEP version, edit it in tes5edit to remove the few references to USSEP I included and be prepared for items clipping with each other a lot. I do not provide support for any file edited in this manor.
- I am not a script writer, I took over this mod so that it could remain supported on the data side of things, as such scripting bugs may still happen and I may not be able to help. See below for known issues. I'm still looking for someone knowledgeable with scripting to help take a look at the source scripts (included in the download of the latest version) and detect any script based issues and help to fix any that may be there. Any script fixes can either be submitted to me to be uploaded here (with the author of the fixes being given editing permissions so they can maintain them), or posted to a new page, just let me know if you're going to do this.
- If mod added items, like scrolls or books, are clipping with other items please contact those authors directly about properly including object bounds on their modded items. I don't have any plans to start patching object bounds for other mods because its such a tiny little thing that its not worth the time. If a mod author won't do it, you can easily do it yourself in the CK by right clicking on the object in question in the Object Window and selecting "Recalc Bounds".
The mod is also now considered open source. While you still must notify me either here in the comments or via a private message and you must credit the original author, feel free to publish updates or edits to this mod in any way you wish. I will also be actively maintaining this page now so if people would prefer, I'm more then happy to publish any community made files on this page as well with the appropriate credits, just let me know!
Any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to direct them at the comments.
Many of these bugs can be avoided by using the normal menu to remove or pick up objects and books from a shelf rather then doing it directly from the shelf itself, as the game does not properly update the information on the shelf when you do that. This is the recommended method of picking up your items from display. If you do pick up an item directly rather then through the world, no support can be given for those bugs because of the known problems with this system.
I am looking for a scripter to help me fix some of the ones below, if you're interested please let me know.
-If you load a save made before installing the mod that is inside a house, the bookshelves in that house will not work until you go outside and back in.
- Anything that doesn't have object bounds set properly will cause clipping and pile up inside of each other. Setting these object bounds is why this mod has to edit so many items. Enhanced apparel still doesn't have object bounds set but I'm working on that for a future update.
-There is no check for the size of items, so if you add items that are too big they will clip through the edges, and if they fall out entirely they will disappear the next time the shelf updates.
-The orientation for items is picked automatically. If something had an orientation that you don't like, let me know and I may be able to change it.
-Soul Gems and any other item with individual data (such as charge on enchanted weapons or stolen items) will lose that data. The item visible on the shelf will be a copy without the data (no soul filled, fully charged, not stolen), though the item in the container will still have it. So, for now just take soul gems out by opening the container, not grabbing the item on the shelf.
-If you have issues with a specific shelf not displaying books, getting stuck books that can't be removed, duplicating books, or whatever, try using the 'reset script' download. Instructions in the readme that comes with the file.
-If you pick up items directly from the shelf instead of through the menu, the game will still think they are on the bookshelf and still show them in the menu the next time you use it and put a new copy of them on display when you close the menu, allowing you to duplicate objects. This won't harm your game, but can be annoying.
Install like normal using your usual mod manager, no special instructions.
This mod should be loaded directly after the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch in your load order so that it's edits don't affect any of your other mod items.
Uninstallation of this file without starting a new game is not supported. The risk of removing scripted mods, especially mods like this that heavily edit functionality of certain mechanics of the game, has never been supported in Bethesda's engine and you risk causing crashing or save game corruption by trying to forcibly remove these scripts.
This mod will be compatible with any mod that doesn't change the bookshelf container script. Any bookshelves placed by mods should work automatically as long as they are set up the same as in vanilla.
If you have mod added items that are stacking up and not displaying properly, please politely request to the author of that mod that they include correct object bounds for their new items, books, weapons and armors. This also helps them interact properly with items when drop into the world so it is not just a function purely for this mod.
Do not use this mod along side any other that edits the primary bookshelf activators or script in a different manner.
(Since I had to fix the bounds of a lot of items, those items will all be translated into English automatically. See the 'item fix list' file for instructions on translating it)
- Spanish Translation courtesy of chefes: Unlimited Bookshelves - Spanish (up to date)
- German Translation courtesy of TheButterBrotMan : Unlimited Bookshelves German Translation (up to date)
Credits and Permissions
All credit goes to the original author, da5id2701. He is the original creator of all of the scripts and the original esp. I maintain this mod on his behalf.
The mod is now considered open source. You may take this mod, scripts and esp, and publish any updates you wish to them on any site. However you must notify me either via private message or via a message in the comments before you do so. You don't need to wait for my reply, just make sure that I know. You must also credit da5id2701 when republishing this mod regardless of where.
A HUGE thank you to Ebany who went through the effort of doing the initial conversion to SSE because I was so busy. They did a lot of work on the esp, all I did was go through and clean up a few of the left over bits.