Last updated at 12:29, 13 Aug 2017 Uploaded at 13:25, 2 Nov 2016
Skyrim's colours re-balanced and emphasized. No strong sepia filter. No over-saturation. Just Skyrim's True Shades. Your millage may vary.
To install and get this mod working you will need to do the following:
- Head over to ReShade's website, scroll to the bottom of the page and download ReShade's installer.
- Run Reshade's installer and select Skyrim Special Edition's executable.
- When it prompts you to "select rendering API" click Direct3D 10+.
- When prompted, click "yes" to download "a collection of standard effects".
- When given the choice of which effect files to install, install all the effects if you plan on using other Reshade presets or only DPX, Levels, Curves, Clarity and Fine Sharp if you only want the effects required for this preset.
- Download True Shades of Skyrim's main file. Drop the contents of the folder in your Skyrim Special Edition directory.
- Press Shift+F2 (default keybind) to bring up the ReShade interface and read through the tutorial.
- Select True Shades of Skyrim.ini in the drop down box.
- Set ReShade to Performance mode (option found in ReShade's Settings tab).
- I recommend designating a toggle key in ReShade to compare the visuals on/off.
Optional Recommended INI Tweaks
= Skyrim.ini =
To remove Skyrim's awful bloom effect (red glare on things like hanging garlic and horn candle sconces) you can add "fGlobalBloomThresholdBoost=1.0000" (without quotations) under [Display].
Visual mods you may notice in the included images are:
None used in v3 screenshots.