Jump to page
Earlier today, the Bethesda Blog announced that a FREE update to Skyrim on Xbox 360 will give support for Kinect! It is supposed to be released this month, and will feature more than 200 Voice Commands, including Dragon Shouts!
So, now we can cross out another feature on the list from the Game Jam. ;)
In addition to Dragon Shouts, Kinect offers voice commands for Hotkey Equipping, Follower Commands, all Menus (Items, Magic, Map, Barter, Container, Favorites, and Skills) and even saving and loading! It also adds new functionality, like special map functions, additional hotkey options, and the ability to sort inventory items by name, weight, and value. The entire list will be revealed later on.
ThuuMic provides voice commands for all Dragon Shouts, follower commands and some special powers. (Requires ScriptDragon!)
On a side note
BGS are working on the first set of add-ons for Skyrim that will be released exclusively for the Xbox 360, then after one month, it will be available for both the PC and the PS3 as well. This additional content will add new quests, locations, features, and much more to Skyrim!
A couple of days ago, you might have seen here on the news that the original Fallout was free for a limited time on GOG. In that article, I stated that the first Fallout was the game that started it all-- when in actuality the game that the Fallout series can first be traced back to was called "Wasteland."
Wasteland was created by founder of Interplay Brian Fargo, who is also known for games like Baldur's Gate, The Bard's Tale, and yes, the original Fallout. Wasteland was published in 1988 and has enjoyed much success throughout the years, but plans for a sequel ultimately fell through the cracks when Fargo resigned his position at Interplay and founded his new company, inXile Entertainment.
That is, until now.
Recently, Brian Fargo made a comeback when he began his Kickstarter campaign to raise money for a sequel to Wasteland. Since the beginning of the project, the people over at inXile Entertainment have raised over 2 million USD, well over their original goal of $900,000. By reaching this goal, it means that Wasteland 2 is definitely in the foreseeable future. I highly encourage all of you to help fund this project, especially if you enjoyed the original Wasteland. $15 gets you a copy of the game on release date as well as a special ingame perk, and the incentives go up from there.
So if you want to see a sequel to the game that really started it all, head on over to Kickstarter and pledge a bit of money to help the project. There are 9 days left, so act quickly if you're interested.
The original Wasteland is hard to find and play on modern PCs, but I managed to get an old copy that I found at a garage sale working... I encourage you to try it out for yourself!
Yoba333: brutally pummeling diseased animals since 1988.
We drowned in a river.
For 48 hours only, the original Fallout game is free on GOG. If you're a newcomer to the Fallout series and have only played Fallout 3 or New Vegas, this is your chance to see how the series got its start. You can download the game here.
If you're expecting a game that is similar to Fallout 3, you're looking in the wrong place, however. The original Fallout was developed by Interplay, whereas Fallout 3 and New Vegas were made by Bethesda Game Studios, a different company entirely. The original Fallout is a CRPG, a turn-based game that is much different than the modern Fallouts.
Despite it's differences, I highly encourage you to head over to GOG and download the game that started it all. It is only free for 2 days, so do it quickly.
I released an extra video this week in honour of a truly brilliant mod: The Asteria. This unique player home rocketed into the Nexus hot files recently, and is now a worthy contender for the File of the Month. Join me as I take my first tour of this incredible mod.
Here is the part 21 of the Skyrim Mod Sanctuary video series. In this episode we look at mods for archers.
3rd Person Animation Tweak - Run Forward with Bow
Casual bow animations
Proper Length Arrows
Closer Quivers and Longer Arrows
Arrowsmith - Reupload
Realistic Ragdolls and Force
Incremental update 1.5.26 is now live for all Steam users. (Latest SKSE Release), (Latest ScriptDragon Release)
Bug Fixes (Same as the beta...)
- Fixed issue with frequency of first person kill cameras
- Underwater effects now display properly
- Fixed crash when loading certain plugins (PC Only)
- Fixed issue where sun would not appear properly after fast travel
Can't launch the game after updating? Try these steps:
- Delete the SkyrimPrefs.ini and Skyrim.ini in your "DocumentsMy GamesSkyrim" folder. (Be sure to backup your old .ini's)
- Delete SKSE/ScriptDragon or update to the newest versions. (Make sure you delete files from the old versions!)
- Disable all mods, including texture/model packs (easily done in NMM, not as easy when installing manually...).
A new beta update is available for Skyrim now. This beta updates your game to 184.108.40.206.5. (SKSE for 1.5.26)QUOTE
Fixed issue with frequency of first person kill cameras
Underwater effects now display properly
Fixed crash when loading certain plugins
Fixed issue where sun would not appear properly after fast travel
Note: As we recently said in the latest Bethesda Podcast, the latest Creation Kit update resolves reported issues with navmeshing. Recently we’ve discovered a change made to 1.5’s executable for support of the navmesh fix caused CTDs for users loading mods. As a result, we’ve removed the executable change in this beta update.
If you’re experiencing CTDs as a result of Tuesday’s 1.5 release, we recommend opting into the 1.5.26 Beta Update. And for the navmesh fix, the team is currently investigating the issue.
How to join the beta
1. Log into Steam
2. Click on Steam in the upper menu
3. Select Settings
4. Under the Account tab, go to the Beta Participation section and select Change.
5. A drop down menu will appear. Select Skyrim Beta.
6. Select OK.
7. Steam will now restart. After Steam restarts, Skyrim will be updated to the Beta version currently available.
If you opt into the Beta, be sure to back up your saved games or simply be careful not to overwrite your existing saves. If you decide to opt out of the beta program, your old saves will still work with the current release of Skyrim on Steam (v 1.5.24).
If you decide you don’t want to run the Beta anymore, redo steps 1 – 4. At the drop down, select NONE – Opt out of all beta programs. Let Steam restart, and Skyrim will automatically update itself back to the latest released version.
For those who downloaded the new SKSE for the little hiccup-update Bethesda made, but don't want to participate in the beta, roll it back.)
Update 1.5 is now live for all Steam Users! All you have to do get it, is to log onto Steam.
- New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells
- New kill moves and animations for melee weapons
- Shadows on grass available (PC)
- Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item’s value
- Improved visual transition when going underwater
- Improved distance LOD transition for snowy landscapes BUG FIXES
- General crash fixes and memory optimizations
- Fixed issue with Deflect Arrows perk not calculating properly
- In “A Cornered Rat,” the death of certain NPCs no longer blocks progression
- Fixed issue where Farkas would not give Companion’s quests properly
- Fixed crash when loading saves that rely on data that is no longer being loaded
- Followers sneak properly when player is sneaking
- Fixed issue with weapon racks not working properly in Proudspire Manor
- Arrows and other projectiles that were stuck in objects in the world now clean up properly
- Fixed issue where “Rescue Mission” was preventing “Taking Care of Business” from starting properly
- Fixed issue where certain NPCs would fail to become Thieves Guild fences
- Fixed issue in “Diplomatic Immunity” where killing all the guards in the Thalmor Embassy before starting the quest would break progress
- In “Hard Answers,” picking up the dwarven museum key after completing the quest, no longer restarts the quest
- Killing Viola before or after “Blood on the Ice” no longer blocks progression
- Fixed issue where Calixto would fail to die properly in “Blood on the Ice”
- In “Waking Nightmare” fixed occasional issue where Erandur would stop pathing properly
- Fixed issue where letters and notes with random encounters would appear blank
- Fixed rare issue where dialogue and shouts would improperly play
- Lydia will now offer marriage option after player purchases Breezehome in Whiterun
- Fixed issue where if player manually mined ore in Cidhna Mine, jail time would not be served
- Fixed rare issue with skills not increasing properly
- Fixed issue where the Headsman’s Axe did not gain proper buff from Barbarian perk
- In “A Night to Remember” it is no longer possible to kill Ysolda, Ennis or Senna before starting the quest
- Fixed issue with the ebony dagger having a weapon speed that was too slow
- Fixed issue with “The Wolf Queen Awakened” where backing out of a conversation with Styrr too soon would block progress
- The third level of the Limbsplitter perk now properly improves all battle axes
- Fixed a rare issue where Sanguine Rose would not work properly
- In “Tending the Flames” King Olaf’s Verse will no longer disappear from explosions
Jump to page