- img 3 loading...
- img 4 loading...
- img 5 loading...
- img 6 loading...
- img 7 loading...
- img 8 loading...
- img 9 loading...
- img 10 loading...
- img 11 loading...
- img 12 loading...
- img 13 loading...
- img 14 loading...
- img 15 loading...
- img 16 loading...
- img 17 loading...
- img 18 loading...
- img 19 loading...
- img 20 loading...
- img 21 loading...
- img 22 loading...
- img 23 loading...
- img 24 loading...
Last updated at 19:53, 27 Feb 2017 Uploaded at 16:16, 15 Feb 2012
**** - THIS MOD IS NOT BEING WORKED ON, AND IS LEFT ON HERE AS A RESOURCE. IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO EDIT AND IMPROVE THIS MOD, PLEASE GET IN TOUCH. THAT SAID, I HAVE UPLOADED A CLEANER VERSION THAT I MADE FOR MY OWN USE - ****
I've been away from skyrim for quite a while - real life, work and other hobby products have all taken my time, priorities and interests elsewhere.
I am aware of a range of issues RWS causes, or seems to cause. Fixing them is beyond my modding ability. As I'm coming back to Skyrim, I've decided to re-do this mod from scratch.
I will leave this version of the mod up, but this message should serve as a note that it is a bit unstable, and heavy mod users may encounter difficulties.
Thanks to all those who have enjoyed, commented and supported the mod over the time it has been available.
NOW WITH IMPS MORE COMPLEX NEEDS COMPATABILITY OPTIONAL FILE!
OvOver 490 new variants of the natural wildlife of Skyrim! Revised AI and wildlife faction interaction, 16 new lore friendly diseases, 45 new ingredients, 21 new foods and 21 new recipes!
Bethesda Forums Discussion: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1366414-real-wildlife-skyrim-thread-2/page__fromsearch__1
2. Note on Merging Leveled Lists
4. Known Bugs
5. Known mod conflicts & Patches
6. Change Log
7. Plans for Future
Animals don’t only come as adults! When travelling the wilderness of Skyrim, you can now animals of all sizes and ages, healthy and diseased. With hundreds of additional variants of creature, with Real Wildlife – Skyrim feels more alive than ever.
Extract the .esp into your Skyrim datafolder (probably located at
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data) or some similar location.
Select the plugin via the plugin menu on the load menu, or via the Mod Manager of your choice.
Please ignore the ‘0.1’ at the end of the mod. This will not be changed so that people using systems such as NMM, BOSS will be unaffected.
2. Leveled Lists
Real Wildlife - Skyrim edits the leveled lists for the basic Skyrim game. If you are concerned that this will affect other mods, I recommend creating a merged mod using a tool such as Wrye Bash (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=1840).
This mod includes:
• Over 490 age and disease based variants of the following:
o Bears (normal, cave and snow)
o Chaurus / Charus Reaper
o Foxes / Arctic Foxes
o Frostbite spiders (over 50 additional variations of these...)
o Horses (all types)
o Ice Wraith
o Sabre Cats (normal and snow)
o Skeevers (multiple variations including many new diseased variants)
o Spriggans / Spriggan Matrons
o Trolls / Frost Trolls (including a new ‘Demented’ variant)
o Wolves (Normal, Red and Ice)
• The lore-friendly diseases added in this mod now include:
o Feeble Limb
o Red Rage
o Rust chancre
o Serpiginous Dementia
o Swamp Fever
o Witless Pox
o Yellow Tick
For list of effects they give, please see the very bottom of this file (in case of spoilers!)
• Enhanced difficulty - Juvenile, Adult and Mature creatures are more challenging than Skyrim's base wildlife.
• 29 new ingredient variants (e.g. eyes, hearts, claws and meat for appropriate creatures)
• 20+ new foods (creature meats)
• 11 new food recipes
• New additions to existing leveled lists are few, but include:
o Wild dogs to the 'prey' / ambient creatures
o stray cows to the 'prey' lists in appropriate areas
o Tiny, non-aggressive spiders to ambient creatures.
o Small, non-agressive Skeevers to take the place of common ‘rats’.
o Wild horses and Wild cows to plains 'prey' lists.
o 'Demented Trolls' - They act a little unpredictably. Basically, I needed a creature to carry 'Serpiginous Dementia'...
This means you can now encounter hundreds of variations on the existing wildlife - a bit more natural. Oh, and in response to requests, the creatures I've decided are 'fast' have had their speed increased by 25%. And a number of wildlife have had they basic AI altered - Many variants will be more passive, give warnings, run away etc. But not too much - I may make a specific 'Passive Real Wildlife - Skyrim' version of the mod for those who want the wildlife to all but ignore the PC.
4. Known Bugs
• Reanimated horses do not animate. This is a feature of the basic Horse Race from the vanilla game, which I’m hesitant to alter to reduce the risk of conflicts.
• Cows – They’re filled with helium. Why this is, I’m not sure. It’s been suggested that it’s caused by the alterations in scale, that anything other than 1.0 will cause this, but I’m not sure.
• Some creatures occasionally do not animate, but this is rare – possibly caused by a problem with how the game handles altered levelled lists.
• Some users report CTDs, but I’ve been unable to replicate them, so can’t say why this is happening.
5. Known Conflicst
• Wars In Skyrim and the ‘Hunter.esp’ from Monster mod have caused a few users to experience CTDs. I’m not sure why, as there are no obvious direct conflicts. Will continue to try to work it out, but I’m afraid it may be a bit beyond me...
• Any mod that adds scripts to food, to introduce hunger etc – the food from this mod will not affect hunger. Currently working on compatibility with Darwin’s Nightmare.
o TR-Basic Needs & RWS Patch by Shiek200: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=10873
• Skyrim Creatures Alive – Not a REAL conflict, but my creatures continue to spawn on a levelled basis, where as the SCA creatures are not levelled and all variants will spawn from level 1. A conflict of philosophy rather than anything else.
6. Change Log
• Cleaned may minor issues with inadvertently edited cells.
• Fixed ‘Sound’ folder name.
• Fixed issue with some Labrynthian statics not appearing in game.
• Added Bone Amulet, Bone Ring and Antler Ring to craftable objects.
• Removed all edits from outside Riften and Snow Shod Farm after errors reported.
• Fixed some issues with death item lists
• Fixed missing lung texture. That's it. Not much!
• Brought RWS up to date with Skyrim 1.5
• Fixed issue with some cells accidentally edited (Labyrinthine, for example).
• Ongoing tweaks to behaviour and AI packages.
• Added Animal Lungs, Intestines, Liver, Fox eye, Goat eye, Spider eye, Skeever Eye, Slaughterfish Eye and Fish guts as new ingredients. Also added ‘Gallbladder’ to bears specifically, which can be crafted into ‘bear bile’ at a tanning station.
• Added new food/recipe; Tripe stew.
• Added the ability to make flutes from animal bones.
• Added new ingredients & food to levelled lists.
• Revised several creature death item lists.
• All wild horses dropped in health to bring them closer into line with other wild creatures.
• Added Elk calves and Sabrecat kittens (by Shingouki)
• Addressed an issue with Giants being very slow to respawn.
• Added several wandering herds of cows, goat, horse, elk and deer.
• Fixed a duplicate Stamina effect on Fox Hearts.
• Fixed an issue with Mudcrabs trying to use warning animations they didn’t have.
• Fixed some issues with items not appearing in some creature death lists.
• Added Tiny Crabs as ambient coastal wildlife. Around 100 spawns spread across the coast. And one ‘crab fishing’ spot with crabbing cages!
• Significant AI Package work – herds of each animal type will herd together on their routes, as will hunting packs. Predators will stay near a kill for longer, assuming there isn’t another to be had nearby!
• Several basic AI revisions – on going tweaks to get wildlife to work naturally.
• Significant alterations to wolf factions – split into Red, Grey and Ice, none of whom like each other and will fight for territory and kills.
• Several additional ambient wildlife spawns (tiny spiders, charus, common skeevers etc)
• Began adding some load screens adding info about some of the altered creatures.
• Updated the eye textures to look a bit more red.
• Added ‘Crushed Chaurus Chitin’ as a craftable ingredient, and ‘Crushed Ant Charus’ as a death item ingredient on Ant Chaurus.
• Added a new ambient creature (two varieties) by retexturing an existing one! Keep an eye out for the Red Grouse and Black Grouse!
• Significant AI and faction revision – predators will now target juvenile and young prey creatures, unless in a large pack. Young predators are now ‘cowardly’, but have a large ‘attack’ radius, meaning if you get close they will initiate combat and their allies (older variants) will attack you.
• Cleaned up several unedited references that said they had been edited.
• Added new texture for ingredient Spriggan Cutting
• Added Bellyache’s non-shaggy goat texture to the juvenile goats.
• Removed tiny spiders and tiny chaurus – then figured out how to make them work silently, so then added some back in...
• Reduced the range at which wolves will attack – most will now not attack unless directly approached – diseased and Ice wolves will still attack as normal (however, see the above point about ‘young’).
• Added additional spawns for wild dogs
• Added a couple of new creature variants – Wild cow ‘Bull’ a larger and aggressive cow, and a mother goat, who will protect young.
• Info: New count shows the number of animal variations now stands at over 490.
• Fixed ‘Cow Eye’ name to Cow Eye, not Bear Eye.
• Fixed Spriggan Cutting name to ‘Spriggan Cutting’
• Fixed wolf AI relation with werewolves. I think – I don’t have a werewolf character to test!
• Removed species unique bones to replace with generic ‘animal bone’ and ‘animal skull’ as it was a bit cluttered having each species with a unique bone item. Troll Skulls remain as uniquely craftable ingredient.
• Fixed issues with horses appearing as enemies.
• Revised factions for Horses, wild cows and mammoths
• Added new ingredients to normal ingredient levelled lists
• Added Bear and Sabre Cat bones, Mammoth Bone shard, Deer and Elk Skulls as misc items, and added to death lists.
• Added Powdered Mammoth Tusk and Ground Troll Skull as craftable ingredients at the Tanning Rack.
• Added bones as part of Death Items, which can be converted to bonemeal at the tanning rack.
• Adjusted weight and sounds, stats and attack data of the ambient tiny Spiders and Chaurus.
• Fixed the ability to turn Large Pelts into leather if you didn’t have a small pelt too.
• Revised AI of wild horses and wild cows.
• Added a couple of additional herds of wild horse and cows to the plains around Whiterun, with patrol routes for them to wander around.
• Added additional spawn points for levelled creatures, including over 100 new slaughterfish levelled spawns, as well as additional spawns for horkers and other ambient wildlife.
• Added Wild Cattle to some levelled lists and placed a number of direct spawn locations.
• Added new Factions and revised how RWS creatures will interact with each other and other creatures in game.
• Revised death items – larger variants now drop more loot.
• Added new items: Larger pelts, new recipes to take advantage of them, new ingredients, new misc items (mammoth hide pelt).
• Added passive ‘Common Skeever’ and ‘Water Skeever’ to ambient wildlife selection (each comes in 4 varieties – young to old).
• Fixed bug causing animations to fail.
7. Plans for the Future
• Ongoing AI Tweaks and addressing bug reports.
• Ability to turn horns and bones into more items – bone handled items, etc.
Things I need (requests for anyone skilled enough to do it!):
• new animated baby creature models (specifically Slaughterfish, mammoths, cows, goats, horses)
• A working, textured version of the 'small bird' model in the Moving Static section of the CS.
• Script to make animals slow as they are more injured.
• Script causing a chance of catching a disease if you eat a diseased food
• New ingredient models (internal organs, 'splodge' for me to retexture)
• Any lore-friendly new creatures (I'd especially love some Vvardenfell wildlife - Nixhound, Scribs, Netches, Kagouti, Alit and Guar etc)
• A way to stop cows floating about like balloons.
• Ideas - What would you like to see in a more natural wildlife?
Thanks to Corepc, who has agreed to work to try and avoid clashes with SCA, and offered to help make a patched version of RWS that will work together more effectively with SCA for anyone who wants to use both.
Even BIGGER thanks to Corepc who identified the glitch causing the animations bug. I owe him big time!!
Bellyache – For the use of the textures for the Arctic Hare and Non Shaggy Goat (and some textures seen in screenshots)
HarveyVats – For the use of his Hare textures in RWS – Rabbits Plus
Imp Of The Perverse – For making the IMCN patch!
Shingouki – Elk Calf and Sabrecat kitten models
Etayorius – For on-going advice and good will when working with his Skytest mod.
Coldlady - RWS Alchemy Guide, edited by Nedius
The Skyrim Community for their support and feedback.
Japanese Translation Patch: http://skup.dip.jp/up/up01612.7z
• The lore-friendly diseases added in this mod are made to reflect the past effect and severity of the diseases included in past Elder Scrolls games:
o Bloodlung – Reduced Stamina
o Collywobbles – Reduced Speed, Carry Weight and Stamina
o Dampworm – Reduced Speed
o Droops – Reduced Jump and Speed
o Feeble Limb – Reduced Carry Weight and Melee Damage
o Greenspore – Reduced Speechcraft
o Helljoint – Reduced Speed and Melee Damage
o Red Rage – Reduced Carry Weight and Magic Resistance
o Rust chancre – Reduced Speed and Speechcraft
o Serpiginous Dementia – Reduced Magica, Magica Resistance and Speechcraft
o Shakes – Reduced Sneak and Speed
o Swamp Fever – Reduced Carry Weight and Stamina
o Ticklebritch – Reduced Stamina and Speechcraft
o Wither – Reduced Carry Weight and Stamina
o Witless Pox – Reduced Magica
o Yellow Tick – Reduced Speed and Carry Weight
• For full details of the Alchemical effects of the new ingredients, see the ‘Real Wildlife Skyrim Alchemy List’.