Last updated at 17:56, 21 Aug 2017 Uploaded at 10:04, 18 Jun 2017
COINS OF THE NEW ORDER. ver1.1
This plugin adds usable silver and gold coins to Skyrim. It also uses the regular copper coin textures for the septims and also reduces the size of those coins, if you don't like them you can always download any of my previous re-textures, as they replaces the same coin from the vanilla game, same if you want the copper coins to be as big as the silver and golden coins just download the mesh in the optional section called "Immersive Coins - No glass reflection MESH" >>Immersive coins - Retextures
Why? never liked the currency in vanilla Skyrim, and when i looked for a currency mod to make the game a bit more realistic, i cound't find any one that did what i wanted to do, just a simple mod that add usable silver and gold coins, and by usable i mean that you can actually use for trade without having to just change it for septims.
Why coins of the new order? In ancient times, after a war, the winner (in this case the Thalmor) created a new currency, because there is no better way to make the defeated to remember than everytime they had to buy anything. The golden coin (sovereign) has the queen Ayreen's face, former of the first aldmeri dominion. The silver coin has the face of saint Alessia, the ruler that saved humanity from the Ayleids, yu may also notice the back detail on that coin and the number of stars surrounding the white-gold tower?. Last but not least, the septim with Tiber Septim's face, which is the vanilla design that i decided to keep. In any case, if you don't like my designs, check the optional section for the silver and sovereign coins with my tiber septim's design.
The way you use the coins is autimatically. Once the barter menu opens, all the silver and gold coins are replaced for their value in septims. Once the barter is done, you get them back to your inventory and their value transformed is removed. It removes the silver coins first, then the golden, as they have more value. This way, depending of the transactions, if you end up with less money than the value in septims for the coins you had, you get less coins back, first in sovereigns and then in silver.
IMMERSIVE PRICES (OPTIONAL)
A little plugin i did for myself.
- Fixed the price for some tableware items such as silver plates and cups. Now stealing silver is as rewarding as it should be. You'll be looting tableware like a maniac with this, trust me.
- Fixed the price for some food. No more wine or mead at $80 septims. Everything is cheaper now, but to keep balance i also...
- Reduced the amount of coin as rewards from quests and in looting leveled lists. You will beg for work now, as the quests will be the best source for silver and golden coins. Yup, you can cry now.
- Increased the value for renting a room to 25 septims (equivalent to 1 silver crown).
TAMRIEL HOLDING COMPANY (THC)(VER 1.4*)
The THC is a small organization that will allow players to change currency. There are 5 offices in Skyrim, being the one in Whiterun the principal.
In the THC you can:
- Change silver and gold coins into septim.
- Change silver coins for gold coins.
- Change gold coins for silver coins.
- Buy financial documents (only in the Whiterun office) will allow you to have a simple bank account with them. YOU CAN ONLY STORE SEPTIMS, STANDARD GOLD AND SILVER COINS AND INGOTS. You can access your account from any THC office.
- Using other forms of currency is forbidden, that's why you can also change dwemer and nordic coins and turn them into standard silver and gold coins. Nobody stops you from selling the coins to any vendor though.
-You can buy gold sovereigns and silver crowns, but only if you are Thane of Whiterun. There might be another way though...
- (ver 1.4*) You can now change gold and silver ingots for their value in sovereigns and silver crowns respectively. Hope you have stored all those precious ingots because now they have more value than ever. Mining gold and silver has a purpose now beyond doing jewelry.
Warning: You can no longer store gems in your bank account, so if updating from a previous version to 1.4, first remove any of them you might have stored, just in case.
ADDITIONAL COINS (VER1.1)
Added dwemer and nordic coins to the world.
- Gold and silver coins are the only ones accepted for change.
- Dwemer metal coins and copper nordic coins can be converted into dwemer metal ingots and corundum ingots respectively.
Value of the standard coins: I decided to use the vanilla scale.
1 gold ingot = 100 septims
1 silver ingot = 50 septims
This is an aberration from the game, so i decided to take a value of 500 for the gold ingots and a value of 250 for the silver ingots, and 10 coins of each to buy its respective ingot. That's why in my mod:
Value (in septims):
- 1 silver coin=25 septims
- 1 gold coin= 50 septims
- 1 silver coin=0.0310
- 1 gold coin= 0.0330
- 1 copper coin=0.0250
I decided not to alter the value for the ingots, as i'm already using a fix mod for that. Also my mod doesn't touch anything that it shouldn't for compatibility reasons. That's why...
Recomendations: Use any mod that fix the prices for the vanilla items such as "Trade and Barter". I also recommend to save your game with my mod installed, exit to main menu and then re-load that save, to avoid the vanilla bug with new actors added into the game not starting conversations. I also recommend Kuerte's "Gold Adjustment" for that extra suffering factor.
Compatibility: This plugin should be compatible with any mod that adds new npcs with barter capabilities, as it runs everytime the barter menu is open. Of course, not compatible with any mods that alter the leveled list for gold loot, coin purses, bandit-falmer-dwemer-draugr treasures and changes the values manually for the bounty gold you get from quests, as that's the only way i found to dinamically add my coins to the world.
- SKSE last version. No, really, you need it.
- Skyrim Legendary Edition, last version (22.214.171.124.8).
- Add with NMM
- Double click to install
- In NMM, double click on the installed file.
I'm spanish talker, so i apologize for language/gramma errors you find in my mod. If you give me a hand i don't mind correcting if needed.
- Bethesda for the amazing game
- Oaristys and Tony67 for these amazing resources: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16525/?
- LOLICEPT and these awesome resources: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62733/?
- Crazy Bump
- Photoshop CS6
- BSAopt unpacker
- The amazing creation kit of course.
- 08-21-2017 - UPDATE 1.2* - Now you can change gold and silveringots for sovereigns and silver crowns. Changed the mesh for the gold and silver crowns and the textures, now they look more like actual coins and less like buttons. Also reworked the textures for the dwemer and nordic coins*
- 07-15-2017 - UPDATE 1.2* - Now you can buy gold and silver coins. Also added "Immersive Prices" as an optional plugin.
- 07-05-2017 - UPDATE 1.1* - Fixed LEGENDARY ED. patch in which some leveled gold lists added too much money.
- 07-04-2017 - UPDATE 1.0* - Added the coins for Dawnguard, HearthFire and Dragonborn expansions.
- 07-03-2017 - Release.