Last updated at 21:53, 22 Mar 2014 Uploaded at 21:22, 19 Nov 2011
What file do I need?
My textures is in two different sizes (1024 and 2048). Basically you should use 2048 if you computer can handle it. the "loose file" option is basically for people that want to combine different texture packs, if you don't know what one to chose you should take ESP, but that's only for 2048, so if you need 1024 you would ofc need the loose kind.
This is a very lore friendly retexturing of Riften (Hold). Most of the textures are very close to the original – only bigger (2048), every texture is carefully made from high res pictures and no one is upscaled. This is a product I have been working on since November, and I must say I’m proud of it – this is quality.
- HQ textures made from scratch (no up-scaling or just adding more contrast - I hate those...).
- looks very close to the vanilla.
- Is carefully checked for tiling issues.
- will not destroy the feeling of the original game (Very important to me).
- consist of normal, alpha, spec and regular map
- correct compression/format for every file (eg only alpha channel for those that need it)
- quality not quantity!
- Bottom line, you get hq textures without unnecessary performance hit (unlike texture-packs that only upscale and add contrast and sharpness).
Oh, btw since this mod is only textures this would work well even if Skyrim is patched a billion times, so basically even if my pack is old it still work - and it works good.
If you want to checkout my textures before downloading/installing you can see them at this page (google picasa). NOTE: alpha, spec and normal are not included in the preview. This page makes it easy to check if you like my textures, and you can see every texture in a very short time. :)
Riften HQ textures
TIP: IF YOU USE THE NORMAL MAPS (_n) FROM 1024 AND REGULAR TEXTURE FROM 2048, YOU GET BETTER PERFORMANCE WITH MINIMAL QUALITY LOSS.
TO DO LIST:
- add a new pack with mix of 1024 and 2048.
- add more textures and tweak the one i got..
See changelog for changes.
I'm open for input on how to improve this texture pack.
I don't upscale pictures (or reuse the old texture), so what you see her is truly HQ texture. Quality over quantity!
My textures are made to resemble the vanilla in many ways, also in terms of light, so mods like ENB should work well with this as long as the vanilla texture looks good, if the textures get burned out, then its likely that the vanilla textures will too, therefore your ENB needs to be reconfigured. I do not use ENB so I could be some differences in how the normalmaps work, if you think its needs improving, send me a comment with a comparison shot with vanilla and my texture, so I can tweak it.
If you like my textures and you want to by me a beer:
Riften HQ on STEP WIKI
Snow HQ Texture