Last updated at 10:57, 14 Jun 2017 Uploaded at 18:14, 20 Oct 2015
CURRENT HAIR NUMBER: 75
CHART IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Please read known issues and requirements before downloading
This is a hair pack that contains 75 female hairstyles from the KS Hairdos pack with added HDT physics.
This file is standalone and does not require KS Hairdos Renewal.
Elven support is included.
Full chart is at the bottom of the page.
You MUST download the "HDT physics extension" and SKSE for this to work.
Please use the "Showracemenu Precache Killer" (requires SKSE!) so your game won't crash or freeze upon entering the race menu.
It is also recommended to use "RaceMenu" so you can see the names of the hairstyles. Racemenu has a built-in Precache Killer, so you no longer need the one listed above if you choose to use Racemenu.
- Download the main file with Nexus Mod Manager.
- Activate the mod.
- Open the console by pressing ` and type "ShowRaceMenu". You can go through the hairstyles this way or you can create a new game.
If you choose to manually install the mod:
- Download the main file and extract the archive.
- Paste the Data folder in your Skyrim directory. Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim
- Open the SkyrimLauncher.exe and press "DataFiles" and make sure "KS Hairdos - HDT.esp" is ticked.
- Uninstall the main file with Nexus Mod Manager.
If you choose to manually uninstall the mod:
- Delete KS Hairdos - HDT.esp, \meshes\KS Hairdo's and textures\KS Hairdo's from your data folder.
1.0 - Release
The most common issue is the fact that while going through the hairstyles, some of them maybe look like they are "cloned", with one having physics and one not. Here is an example of what it would look like, (the right model showing the clone issue and the left model showing what the hair should originally look like):
To fix this, just cycle through the hairs a little more in the racemenu, or just exit out of the racemenu with the selected hair and re-enter it. These both are solutions to the issue.
Another main issue is that the main file will conflict with HDT breasts, so download the optional file after downloading the main file to avoid this.
The following hairs still kinda have the sh*ts with clipping and other physics issues:
- Baby Doll
Other issues include:
- If you have bigger breasts, regardless of this being an HDT mod, the hairstyles can clip. Usually body types that are larger in the breast area have HDT with them, so the author should include an additional HDT Havok object to prevent this. Ask the author of the body, not us. If you have very small breasts, the hairs can float a bit because they were fit around medium breast sized UNP bodies
- If you take sharp turns, the hair will briefly and violently shake due to the skyrim physics extension. If the hair happens to get stuck in a weird position, just shake it around and it should go back to its original spot.
- You may notice some transparency issues on a few hairs that we could have missed. They are somewhat hard to spot and if you would kindly point out which hairs have them, we will fix them asap.
Any other issues, let us know in the comments.
You are free to use this mod for any follower and npc mods.
You can reupload if you link to this page and credit us.
Do not use our XMLs if you plan to do an HDT mod.
- 3dsMax 2012
- Creation Kit
- Gimp 2.8
- TSR Workshop
- Photoshop CS5
- Havok Tools
Q: Why are my breasts/butt moving weird?
A: If you're using an HDT body, download the optional file we have. If you notice clipping, you need to download your body's havok object that the
author should have included.
Q: Will this replace any hairstyles from KS Renewal?
A: No. Standalone means it's its own separate mod.
Q: How do I change my character's hair?
A: Open the console and type in "showracemenu", then close the console (remember to not change your race, or else your skills and perks will be reset!).
Alternatively, you can go to the Ragged Flagon and speak to the Face Sculptor (requires Dawnguard DLC)
Q: Can you make these for other races like Khajiit, Argonian and Orcs?
Q: Can you do lore friendly hair?
A: Please don't mention anything about lore in the comments section.
Q: Can you make these for men?
A: No. They are too short, and last time we did things for males, we got a lot of complaints about "lore" and them looking "feminine". Look elsewhere for this.
Q: I found something wrong with a hairstyle. Will you fix it?
A: Post the issue in the comments and we will see what we can do.
Q: Does this work with other hair packs?
Q: What mod did you use in X screenshot?
A: Here is information for each modder's character:
(These characters will NOT be released, and if the thing you're looking for isn't listed below, it's private and can't be linked)
(Blue-eyed brunette char, Storme)
- Custom skin mashup
- Eye textures are custom
- Ningheim Race
- zzjay's wardrobe
- ENB is Somber Lut Sepia
- Lifelike Idle Animations
(Green-eyed female character, Izabella)
- Custom skin mashup
- Eye textures are custom
- Grim Winter ENB was used for all shots
Please leave any other questions in the comments section if it hasn't already been
answered in the F.A.Q. or description!
Many thanks to:
Alesso, Anto, Darko, Kijiko, Momo, NewSea, Sintiklia, Sky, Stealthic, Wings and Peggy for the permission to release their hairstyles.
Hellosanta for her textures, which have been used as a resource for these hair textures.
Canteras for his video tutorials.
HydrogensaysHDT for their physics extension and rigid bodies.
Stealthic created the HDT XML files, Kalilies added elven support.
Both ported the hairs and both used the XML files to add HDT.