Last updated at 1:48, 13 Apr 2017 Uploaded at 16:11, 12 Jan 2012
The Joy of Perspective - The Real First Person Mod
Version: 2.0.2 Beta
**Please read the 'Description' before asking questions. Please read 'Known Issues' before reporting bugs or posting in the comments section. Thanks!**
Make sure to edit your Skyrim.ini as per installation instructions: see below on how to do this.
Brought to you by RFPV Team:
Attention: Backup your files before the installation. You've been warned!
This is an beta version and a work in progress. Make sure to read the Installation Instructions carefully! Please keep in mind this is WIP.
What it does
This mod makes the player's body visible in 1st person. It also replaces the first person animations with customized versions of the more realistic 3rd person animations.
Joy of Perspective now includes an alternative set of Vanilla style combat animations, this allows for some unique features:
- Weapons can be held offscreen using the 3rd person animations and still use Vanilla style attack animations.
- The ability of mix and match Vanilla and 3rd person animations. For example, you can have 3rd person combat animations and Vanilla style magic animations.
Recommended FOV is 85 or lower. FOV settings above 85 may introduce clipping bugs.
Main Mod Installation:
Attention: Remove all previous versions of this mod before you install v1.0.1 Beta.
1. Download 'The Joy of Perspective' (TJoP).
If you use XP32's 'Maximum Skeleton' mod, install this now, select 'No' when asked if you have 'The Joy of Perspective installed.
2. Activate 'The Joy of Perspective' in NMM.
* For manual installation, extract the contents of the "00 Core" folder to your Skyrim data folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data).
Extract the contents of the "01" or "02" folder into your data folder to install either the female or male movement animations (weapons unequipped).
3. Click yes to overwrite all files/folders if prompted.
4. Place the following lines of text at the end of your Skyrim.ini file (C:\Users\*Username*\Documents\My Games\Skyrim), if they exist already, change the values to match the below.
bDisableAutoVanityMode=1 (Disables 3rd person spinning camera on long idle times - set to 0 to enable)
If removal via NMM fails a manual removal can be performed as follows:
1. Delete the following folder from your Skyrim install directory:
2. Delete SKSE/Plugins/SKSE_JoyOfPerspective.dll
If using NoSKSE version, delete The Joy of Perspective.esp files
1st Person Transitions Removal:
Important: Do not uninstall 'The Joy of Perspective [XXXXXX Transitions] -=V0.9.3=- Beta' - reinstall it if you have to.
1. Create a save with the 'The Joy of Perspective [XXXXX Transitions] -=V0.9.3=- Beta' addon still active and exit
2. Activate 'The Joy of Perspective [1st Person Transition Fix] -=V0.9=- Beta' in NMM.
For manual installations extract the contents of the Data folder found in 'The Joy of Perspective [1st Person Transition Fix] -=V0.9=- Beta' to your Skyrim data folder (CProgram FilesSteamsteamappscommonSkyrimdata).
3. Load you save game and check that the transitions have returned to 3rd person.
4. Create a clean save.
5. Disable both 'The Joy of Perspective [XXXXX Transition Fix] -=V0.9=- Beta' & 'The Joy of Perspective [XXXXXXX Transitions] -=V0.9.3=- Beta' in NMM.
For manual removal extract the contents of the Data folder found in 'The Joy of Perspective [XXXXXX] -=V0.9.3=- Beta' to your Skyrim data folder (C:\Program FilesSteamsteamappscommonSkyrimdata) or delete ALL files relating to this mod from your skyrim data folders.
If you're updating from a previous version, make sure to delete all files of the old version first before unpacking the archive.
The mod is not compatible with any other mod that flags the races in the CK. It is also not compatible with any mod which changes the first person skeleton.nif or any of the 1st person animations.
Automatic Head-tracking may also cause issues if enabled.
The player does not cast a shadow
Feet do not move when attacking/blocking (not too noticeable)
Weapons are visible when swimming
Your lower body may appear darker than normal when outside. This can be fixed by lowering fNearDistance under [Display] in Skyrim.ini but this may increase mountain flickering.
Recommend Companion Mods:
'Scenic Carriages' by Sollar (Good Alternative to Horse Riding)
'Dragonkiller Cart Reloaded' by Xgrufijury (Good Alternative to Horse Riding)
'DIMONIZED UNP female body' by dimon99
'3D Vision Complete Compatibility Project' by chizow with HeliX Mod
'Footprints' by jonwd7 (The footprint mod makes 1stpv even more immersive)
'Get Snowy' by Trebtreb
Skyrim - Mod of the Day Episode 64. Thank you
This Mod was featured on Skyrim Mods Weekly by MxR. Thank you
Also has been featured on Skyrim Mods Series 24 by SaioTV. Thank you
The Joy of Perspectve v2.0.2 Beta - 03-10-2017
- Fixes to the bow animations to work with the scoped bows mod.
- Added a fix for the hug of death bug thanks to fore. (2.0.2a)
- Fixed some armors with alternative textures not displaying the correct texture for NoSKSE version (2.0.2b).
The Joy of Perspectve v2.0.1 Beta - 11-03-2016
- Fixed glitches with female walk forward animation
- Fixed position of magic node on right hand in magic animatons
- Fixed camera position in stagger animations
- Imported Unofficial Patch esp race/armor addon fixes to NoSKSE version (2.0.1a)
The Joy of Perspective v2.0.0 Beta - 01-16-2016
- New animations that looks almost exactly like vanilla first person
- First person killmoves now works without glitches
- Bows/crossbows now shoot properly at the crosshair
- Can now choose between vanilla style and 3rd person style combat stance animations
The Joy of Perspective v1.0.1 Beta - 08-12-2015
- Fixed issues with camera rotation on basic movement animations (with weapons unequipped)
- Removed head bob on (1-handed, h2h, crossbow) standing idle animations
- Reduced head bob on 1-handed movement animations
- Fixed bug making it hard to trigger the 3rd person style 1-handed left to right attack animations
- Fixed wrong camera position on 3rd person style master spell casting animations
The Joy of Perspective v1.0.0 Beta - 08-08-2015
- New alternative set of vanilla style combat animations
- New spinning/non-spinning power attack and sneak roll animations
- Fixed animations used in first person cutscenes
- Added a BAIN wizard installer script
The Joy of Perspective v0.9.9 Beta - 14-07-2015
- Enabled combat sneak animations and arm rotations
- Fixed some issues with Hand-to-Hand animations
- Fixed "FootScruff" sound effects not playing for equip animations
- Enabled swimming movement animations
- Added missing 1-Hand weapon sprint attack animations
The Joy of Perspective v0.9.5 Beta - 22-06-2015
- Now fully compatible with custom races/armors
- Added missing crossbow, sneak roll animations
- Fixed horse riding bug
- Sitting animations now in first person
- Fixes to head rotation in some animations
- Improved animations (power attack, staves, and a few others)
- Repackaged single file NMM compatible archive
The Joy of Perspective v0.9.3 Beta - 22-07-2013
- Updated Skeleton.nif to include 'Dual Sheath Redux' support.
- Added more visible 1st person armor slots .esp
- Added missing visible torso's for the races that were missed .esp
- Fixed missing 1st person furniture transitions in 'Transitions' versions.
- Added 'Dual Wielding Parry' mod support.
- Repackaged version archives for easier installation
The Joy of Perspective v0.9 Beta - New Build, 04-07-2013
- Re-edited animations to fix Magic Cast and Staff aiming
- Fixed 3rd Person Horse Riding
- New Skeleton.nif
- Added Male Animations Patch
- Added 1st Person Transitions addin and removal tool
- Various bug fixes and animation improvements
The Joy of Perspective v0.6 Beta - 29-10-2012
- Hand edited animations to place camera in correct positioning and re-add shake.
- Edited 1st Person skeleton to allow camera placement
alpha 05b, 16-04-2012 - Update (Male characters)
- animations for male characters are now available under optional files
alpha 05b none shaky, 15-04-2012 - Main files
- fixed sprinting.
- Arrow aiming is much better.
- a new skeleton.
- Helmets are now invisible.
- Original running animations.
alpha 05a none shaky, 26-03-2012 - Main files
- The camera is not attached to the eye-bone anymore.
- All kill moves are in 3rd person only. (because of the way Bethesda made them, I'm sorry).
- Not compatible with CHSBHC (will be added later)
alpha 04b, 13-02-2012 - Main files
- Feet, amulets, calves, aso. are now visible.
- Finishing moves are now in 1st person only.
- A new female skeleton with minor changes of the camera and some other small fixes.
- CHSBHC compatible skeleton added under optional files.
alpha 04a, 17-01-2012 - Update
- Complete new 1st person skeleton for male & female characters - missing bones added.
- Corrected the position of some of the bones to match exactly the 3rd person ones.
- The lower body animations are working in idle position now.
- All armor parts (not the feet!) are now visible.
- Male skeleton added under optional files.
alpha 03c, 14-01-2012 - Main files
- Esp file now included, no need for switching the files anymore and the file size is reduced.
- Minor changes at the female skeleton.
alpha 03b, 12-01-2012 - First alpha release
- Contains the main files as well as the 1stperson meshes for most of the armors.
A big thanks to Loup Sombre for his help and assistance.
Thanks to Zillier, Crusader12k for creating armor compatibility patches for the beta.
Thanks to Zartar for Skyrim Behavior Organizer and the method used for arm rotations.
Thanks to figment for hkxcmd.
Thanks to the Niftools team for their work on animations.
Thanks to fore for the hug of death bug fix.
Thanks to everyone who helped support Joy of Perspective during the beta.
A big heads up and hello to the Stereo 3D, Headtracking & HMD communities. It's the way to play!! Special thanks and respect to Helix and his team for the 3D Vision patches they create.