- img 3 loading...
- img 4 loading...
- img 5 loading...
- img 6 loading...
- img 7 loading...
- img 8 loading...
- img 9 loading...
- img 10 loading...
- img 11 loading...
- img 12 loading...
- img 13 loading...
- img 14 loading...
- img 15 loading...
- img 16 loading...
- img 17 loading...
- img 18 loading...
- img 19 loading...
- img 20 loading...
- img 21 loading...
- img 22 loading...
Last updated at 16:51, 11 Sep 2014 Uploaded at 16:56, 9 Jun 2014
Thanks and credit go up top to Xilante for his weatherproofing script resource and to DARKFOX127 for explaining it and expanding on it in another one of his terrific tutorials, to Tueffel for the much appreciated modular crafting tables, and to the ever-giving Blary for the beautiful booksets and his openbook resources. You're terrific, guys. Thank you for sharing your wonderful work which allowed this mod to be developed.
Skyview is a home which features the outside every bit as much as the house itself. With vast panoramic views of the mountains and river and with vantage points inside and out for the beautiful sunrises and sunsets - the house is aptly named.
- Candles, lanterns, torches, and fires are controlled by you as well as lighting the alchemy burner before using that utility, cords to open and close the curtains in the bedroom area, and two activators at the edge of the table for meal settings.
- All vanilla crafting stations are on the property along with a privy and stables; you can bathe or swim in the river next to the dock.
- Living accommodations are designed for two (though two extra sleep mats are available to activate) in a unique two-story home.
- It's secure. All doors are lockable from the inside and two of the main entry doors have an added security door which you can relock from the outside as you leave.
- Windows are plentiful and are either of reinforced glass construction or have wooden shutters attached which you can open or close. (Though admittedly that one at the kitchen table does take a bit of maneuvering to get to.)
- The full length covered porch is the place to be.
- Storage is safe with three exceptions which are clearly marked 'respawning': the trash barrel; the stew and mead containers.
- Nine weapon racks and even a couple of mannequins are available to those who find those things appealing. (I personally don't but just happened to have a spot for them. :) )
No quests, no keys; no hassles - just go get it. If you have a problem with any of that - sorry. I make homes not quests. There are certainly others available on the Nexus with the three aspects I just mentioned that you can use instead.
Map marked west-northwest of Whiterun by the river.
Beforehand be sure your last save is done indoors.
Install in your usual manner.
Skyrim and the update.
The "Skyview _ Vanilla Weather" version does not have any additional requirements.
The "Skyview _ COT Weather" version requires you to also have "Climates of Tamriel" installed and activated.
Indeed you won't have rain or snow coming through the roof and yet you'll see it through windows or while out on the porch or in the stable. With that effect come a couple of inherent visual 'quirks': (1) there's usually a small but noticable light change as you walk through the trigger, and (2) the substituted fx rain or snow will always be at a constant level and doesn't fluctuate with the variations from light to heavy you encounter outdoors.
That being said this script is a godsend for those wanting to create external homes and maintain any degree of immersion during inclement weather. 'Frostfall' users are most appreciative as well.
Please note and give credit where credit is due: this isn't the first external house to employ a rain-block script by a long shot. I was first introduced to its application with DarkFox127's "Millwater Retreat" (who later went on to make the equally popular "Riverside Shack" which also employs the script). The difference between his usage and mine is that he knew what he was doing and I know how to copy and paste and follow directions. If there are others out there as I'm sure there are please forgive your omittance here. Your work slipped under my radar. I will, however, be glad to take credit for utilizing it in the manner which you'll find presented in this particular mod.
Companion ready, cleaned with TES5edit, fully tested and friendly to all computers.
Additional thanks to:
The Nexus and staff
If you can use this mod and enjoy it then I will have been glad to have shared it with you. Feedback is certainly welcomed.
Mods by gary62 for Bethesda/Obsidian games:
On the skyrimnexus -
- The Cabin
- Providence _ A Settlement Near Ivarstead
- Vikings _ Enhanced NPCs
- The Snowline
- Hindalok - Grandfather's Farm
- A Night On the Rift
- Legends Presets
On the newvegasnexus -
- Rancho Villa - (Mod of the Month for May 2012)
- Phoenix Point
- Ravens Nest
- Rathers Camp
- Legends Presets
- gary62 version of Fees Realistic Portable Tent
On the tesnexus -
On the fallout3nexus -