Last updated at 1:03, 28 Aug 2014 Uploaded at 20:48, 10 May 2014
A short story and character trailer for her upcoming quest line.
Mirai is a young Breton mage living alone in the harsh frozen wastelands of Skyrim for close to a year. Originally from High Rock like the rest of her kind, you'll be quick to learn a situation with her father caused her to seek refuge alone in the lands of the north. What the situation was, however; she's not as open about. Mirai had always been a delicate girl, a fawn under her mothers protection -- a sheltered life but with the adventurous heart of a dragon. As such being forced to learn to become more independant so quickly was a struggle but found a way to carry on. Her long time alone in Skyrim has begun to have an affect on her once sweet demeanor and now comes off as a much more abrasive, distrusting, overall 'cold' person to others. Her front comes to falter from time to time as at the very heart of her being she is still the same delicate girl she once was and perhaps just needs someone to open up to to help her solve the problem that continues to plague her from the inside out.
Mirai fights mostly with ice focused magic and kites when she can but is not afraid to get close and dirty in melee. She starts off with a familiar summon which is later a frost atronarch summon to distract her enemies while she freezes them.
She is currently just a basic somewhat hostile acting follower who comments on your surroundings every now and then. Say hi and recruit her. More to come when I start/finish her quests!
Be sure to check out this review for a showcase of her skills and lines!
- Found at her home in Riverwood or around the local INN.Will be located near Winterhold in later versions.
- Her home can be found at the outside edge of Riverwood. Check images for a local map.
- Fully stand-alone, no other mods are required!
- Should be compatible with other mods except ones that change the landscape of Riverwood.
- Lightfoot perk and a few novice mage combat perks.
- Minimal dialogue when sneaking or in battle.
- Levels at 0.95 of player
- NOT marriagable at this time.
- At 0.97 height of vanilla Breton.
- Currently only one version of appearance.
First and foremost this is my first modding attempt of any kind of any game. Simply put the amount of easily accessible material and modding tools made available by the amazing Skyrim modding community and the sheer amount of easy to follow tutorials, etc has made it easy enough for someone as new as me to pick up and get started quickly. I've been using tons of mods made by others for months now and have always wanted to add a personal touch of my own to Skyrim and give back to the friendly community. I've become a little intimidated with scripting but I'd really like to continue learning so I can really bring Mirai to life. So keep in mind that this is primarily a learning experience for me.
Since I've started creating Mirai I've had so much help from various people from testing, to suggestions, to actual ways to fix problems from which there are too many to name.
I'd like to welcome LordoftheNeverThere as official help in level design which has been very time consuming for me.
I'd also like to thank Calithor56897 for his help with characters.
- Final model completed, although open to suggestions on appearance
- Final outfit decided, permissions granted
- Home & schedule set, testing consistency
- Basic follower functionality
- ~300 lines of spoken dialogue recorded
- Finalized backstory & history
- Started questline, first couple of scenes tested on low mod quantity profiles.
- Finished writing ~85% of 2 supporting characters
- Beginning to try out and record 2 supporting characters, Collin(Shin) & Junan
- CME save
- Record unknown # of lines
- Marriage quest after her main story line
- CBBE & other hair versions along side main
- Enhanced Character Edit by ECE team and tktk1
- SG Hairs & SG Female Textures Renewal by HelloSanta
- The Eyes Of Beauty by LogRaam
- DIMONIZED UNP female body by dimon99
- West Wind Combat Series - Misfit Mage UNP by brokefoot
- Stand-alone follower Tutorials by DECK16 and Natilde
- INIGO and Vilja for guides and inspiration
Finally thank you to Yui Hisiashi for voicing Mirai and her continued support as none of this would be possible without her. Visit her youtube channel at:
- She suffers from the dialogue bug like some new custom voiced followers do which I hope is fixed with the included SEQ file. If she's not talking, save and reload.
- UFO and other follower overhaul mod features that are added WILL NO LONGER WORK ON MIRAI unless you force her into management by a spell included by their respective mods. Thanks to SAGringo and Dragonfire12 for testing.
- Other custom voiced followers may create problems with recruiting Mirai. The last loaded will take priority so if encountering problems with others after recruiting Mirai, that's probably the reason. Thanks to archonsg for his thorough testing.
- As she is a little short, she will resize during relaxing animations. If this bothers you consider SIZE DOES MATTER by Mahlzeit88
To get Wardrobe Manager to work with Mirai ... courtesy of NEXcjp920
type help JemWMPotentialAdds
-- you should see a line like FACT: ( xx053988 ) 'JemWMPotentialAdds'
-- the xx part will be the 2 digits representing your load order for JemWM (Wardrobe Manager)
-- now target Mirai while in console and WITH HER TARGETED
type addtofaction xx53988 1
remember to replace the xx with the actual number from the help line you saw above
You should now see the dialogue for finding another outfit from Wardrobe Manager when you talk to Mirai.
I hope you fall in love with the idea and concept of Mirai so far as much as I am in love with bringing her to life. I welcome and appreciate any feedback, coments, wishes, ideas, questions, or anything else of that nature to help me achieve that goal.